Why are liberals in India so enamored of Pakistan?

Stradlater

On 3/11/2020 at 7:16 PM, EnterTheVoid said:

Secondly, don't think your average Pakistani cares about the political situation. They don't care and frankly, I don't care either. Don't prescribe to this nonsense of collectively punishing everyone for the actions of a few.

Everyone that I know who went to Pakistan (K2, at least) got treated with warmth, hospitality and humility. I don't think I would get treated any different.

I agree with you.

Many of my best friends are pakistanis. we don't give a **** about all the politics, because politics doesn't have any bearing on individual relationships.

that said, political views in support of legitimate causes are perfectly fine as well. one of these causes is the removal of the pakistani army regime, and a redrawing of the borders that existed pre-partition.

pakistan shouldn't exist.  the average pakistani would be better off as a muslim within the republic of india precisely for the reasons that you stated - they don't care, and the actions of a few don't justify state-sanctioned segregation between hindus and muslims.

5 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I agree with you.

Many of my best friends are pakistanis. we don't give a **** about all the politics, because politics doesn't have any bearing on individual relationships.

that said, political views in support of legitimate causes are perfectly fine as well. one of these causes is the removal of the pakistani army regime, and a redrawing of the borders that existed pre-partition.

pakistan shouldn't exist.  the average pakistani would be better off as a muslim within the republic of india precisely for the reasons that you stated - they don't care, and the actions of a few don't justify state-sanctioned segregation between hindus and muslims.

I used to think similarly. Yet, if you dig deeper or keep asking questions, it will clear that they have contempt against India and its religion. They identity themselves through religion first, and are one community which hates its own ancestry.

1 minute ago, someone said:

I used to think similarly. Yet, if you dig deeper or keep asking questions, it will clear that they have contempt against India and its religion. They identity themselves through religion first, and are one community which hates its own ancestry.

they only think about their religion first, because it brings them benefits and a 'social status' they can use to ask for more benefits.

take away the benefits (reservation, personal laws, etc.) reduce the social status. and politely encourage them to re-convert.

problem solved.

@EnterTheVoid just because you travelled in a protected capacity with all facilities and met some folk who probably told you what you wanted to hear doesn’t suddenly change the mindset of an entire nation.

The common man of Pakistan that is the guy minding his own business is not an enemy that’s so obvious it doesn’t have to be repeated, however the Pakistan army and the government and also the religious figure heads benefit from India hate. 

You want to be lovey-Dovey with Pakistanis in your personal life no problem, however they are a menace not just to india but the world. 

So when the day comes when the So called lovely and kind-hearted people of Pakistan question their army and government I will join you in singing their praises.

1 minute ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

How did you assume that?

Let me inform you:

i'm a muslim, and i voted for AIMIM (majlis ul ittihadul muslimeen).

and i'll ask you again: why does that matter?

Well i have told you that i wanted to check my conjecture   by the way  do you know founding purposes of rss

8 minutes ago, rock777 said:

Well from your posts it looks like you are supporting  bjp so i wanted to guage accuracy  of my conjecture 

The same BJP brought in a law for the Benefit  of  Muslim women. Let’s talk when Pakistan govt does something for the protection of minority women who are under constant threat in Pakistan