Why are liberals in India so enamored of Pakistan?

Stradlater

And no I'm not necessarily talking in the context of the recent CAA protests either. 

I'm an art and architecture lover and like to follow several Instagram pages which focus upon South Asian Art/Architecture scene. 

Every time there's a picture of a monument in Pakistan posted there (There are quite a few nice ones there actually. Pakistan in general is a beautiful country minus the jahil residents of course) , you see excited love-struck Indian liberals pouring their love for the neighborhood in the comments as if completely besotted by it. Comments like "Wish I could visit the place", " So many nice people there" etc are a common place. 

Now appreciation for art is one thing but completely enthralled by an another country , esp an enemy country at that is something that I always find unfathomable. 

And this endearment doesn't just stop at praising of artistic works only. Everytime their faggot Wazir-e-Aazam even so much as smiles like an absolute buffoon he is , you could hear the muffled sound of collective moans from our liberal herd as if this was the best sight in the world. 

What the heck is it about Pakistanis that makes our libfarts go crazy? 

Edited by Stradlater

Enemy of my enemy is my friend :laugh:

On a serious note, I think its the instinctive response to the virulent and OTT anti-Pakistan rethoric deployed by their opponents, that makes them gravitate to the opposing position.  

As a strong anti-PakMil hawk, I think there is some value in outreach to the general Pakistan public - in the larger, longterm context - its a way to reduce the support for anti-India activities that PakMil indulges in.  Some reverse-taqqiyaa if you will.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

On a serious note, I think its the instinctive response to the virulent and OTT anti-Pakistan rethoric deployed by their opponents, that makes them gravitate to the opposing position.  

As a strong anti-PakMil hawk, I think there is some value in outreach to the general Pakistan public - in the larger, longterm context - its a way to reduce the support for anti-India activities that PakMil indulges in.  Some reverse-taqqiyaa if you will.  

I disagree. IMO Pakistani awam are beyond the point of saving and are simply irredeemable. @panther

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Here, taqqiyaa tampering is legal.

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

I disagree. IMO Pakistani awam are beyond the point of saving and are simply irredeemable. @panther

Who's saying you have to adopt them or "redeem" them? 

Here's a hint - George 'Dubya' Bush made it a point after 9/11 to repeatedly and publicly distinguish the 'war on terror' as not a war against Islam or muslims.  Do you think its because he was "pandering" to them? No.  Because its a smart strategy.  

In the same way, India, as part of an overall strategy, should have a component, that addresses the majority 'sheep' population of Pakistan, and makes it less easy for them to support violence/hostility against India.  Weakening the ideological support base of the hostile PakMil, is an obvious objective.  

But not for keyboard warriors with delusions of grandeur though.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Who's saying you have to adopt them or "redeem" them? 

Here's a hint - George 'Dubya' Bush made it a point after 9/11 to repeatedly and publicly distinguish the 'war on terror' as not a war against Islam or muslims.  Do you think its because he was "pandering" to them? No.  Because its a smart strategy.  

In the same way, India, as part of an overall strategy, should have a component, that addresses the majority 'sheep' population of Pakistan, and makes it less easy for them to support violence/hostility against India.  Weakening the ideological support base of the hostile PakMil, is an obvious objective.  

But not for keyboard warriors with delusions of grandeur though.  

Sandeep Uncle kya aap last part edit karenge ya gaali sunna pasand karenge? 

18 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Every time there's a picture of a monument in Pakistan posted there (There are quite a few nice ones there actually. Pakistan in general is a beautiful country minus the jahil residents of course) , you see excited love-struck Indian liberals pouring their love for the neighborhood in the comments as if completely besotted by it. Comments like "Wish I could visit the place", " So many nice people there" etc are a common place. 

Now appreciation for art is one thing but completely enthralled by an another country , esp an enemy country at that is something that I always find unfathomable. 

Back on topic, its human nature to find the inaccessible alluring.  Because Pakistan is no-go for so many Indians, the desire to go there intensifies.

And seriously speaking, as a fellow enthusiast of art and history, I would dearly love to be able to see Mohenjo Daro, Takshahila, Purushapura.  I have gone to Bali, Cambodia, Ajanta, Ellora, would want to go to those sites as well.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Back on topic, its human nature to find the inaccessible alluring.  Because Pakistan is no-go for so many Indians, the desire to go there intensifies.

And seriously speaking, as a fellow enthusiast of art and history, I would dearly love to be able to see Mohenjo Daro, Takshahila, Purushapura.  I have gone to Bali, Cambodia, Ajanta, Ellora, would want to go to those sites as well.  

That is different though. The way most of our liberal section behave one would think they were insecure about themselves or something. 

They are attention seekers, want to piss us off. Doubt they actually believe some of the tosh they say.

Exhibit:

Some time later

Swara Bhasker called out for ‘contradictory statements’ on Pakistan by Urwa Hocane

Became a 'failing state' from 'best country she ever visited'

Confused lot

Not very bright

Hypocrites

Opportunists

Trolls

Make any of these libbus (not Islamists or radical left extremists) stay just for a couple of weeks in Pak society, after a couple of days they will be ready to lick Modi's underwear begging to come back to India. 

Kabir Khan was another sample, kept going to Pakland for aman ki tamasha until one day they decided to show him his place.

When he came back he said he would never go back to Pakistan. Same with Saif Ali Khan. 

Edited by Gollum

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

@Stradlater RW is late in occupying real estate in SM. Instagram is infested with younguns under-25 who are just out of college or JNU type still studying. RW is on twitter now, they will occupy Insta soon, so there will be balance of views.  Intezaar karo beta, dheere sab log aajayenge.

No offense but most of the RWrs on Twitter are ganwar Northies. We need more people with class. 

1 minute ago, Stradlater said:

No offense but most of the RWrs on Twitter are ganwar Northies. We need more people with class. 

@Gollum can recommend a few good handles, I don’t follow aam junta. Apart from usual suspect,follow people like Subhash Kak, Raj Vedam, Sushil Pandit, Indic academy, srijan talks, David frawley, Rahul Roshan, Abhijit Majumdar. Nand_Dini, Shefali, Sanjeev Sanyal, Makarand Paranjpe, Koenraad Elst, quite a few knowledgeable ones

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

@Gollum can recommend a few good handles, I don’t follow aam junta. Apart from usual suspect,follow people like Subhash Kak, Raj Vedam, Sushil Pandit, Indic academy, srijan talks, David frawley, Rahul Roshan, Abhijit Majumdar. Nand_Dini, Shefali, Sanjeev Sanyal, Makarand Paranjpe, Koenraad Elst, quite a few knowledgeable ones

I remember stumbling across and reading Kak/Frawley's book back in my college days.  Blew my mind.  

Kak and Sanyal I like - not overly familiar with the rest.  

11 hours ago, Stradlater said:

What the heck is it about Pakistanis that makes our libfarts go crazy? 

Have always wondered the same.

The most idiotic statement put forward as argument is we are same people. Sure we might have been 72 yrs ago but today's Pakistan and India are absolutely different countries in every sense. 

Edited by jf1gp_1

17 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Have always wondered the same.

The most idiotic statement put forward as argument is we are same people. Sure we might have been 72 yrs ago but today's Pakistan and India are absolutely different countries in every sense. 

We haven't been the same for like centuries now. Their population mostly comprise of kachra left by the invading Turks and Afghans after raping and converting the coward populace. Wo na idhar ke hain na udhar ke hence the identity crisis and a desire to seek closer proximity with the Arab world.