Mayank decision, unpardonable umpiring

Gollum

Cricinfo seems to suggest otherwise (I didn't see it)

38.4 taken down the leg side! Overpitched, outside leg stump, but Agarwal has tried to flick behind square. It touches something, and the keeper collects. Umpire gives it out and Agarwal is walking back. But Kohli asks him to reconsider, and he goes for the review with just one second left on the clock. What's interesting is the bat doesn't seem to make contact with the ball on the hotspot, so now they're checking for the snicko, and there it shows that there's a very tiny edge off the bat. Agarwal has to walk back, Aleem Dar has given a terrific decision this evening. India lose a review 96/3

Cricinfo seems to suggest otherwise (I didn't see it)

38.4 taken down the leg side! Overpitched, outside leg stump, but Agarwal has tried to flick behind square. It touches something, and the keeper collects. Umpire gives it out and Agarwal is walking back. But Kohli asks him to reconsider, and he goes for the review with just one second left on the clock. What's interesting is the bat doesn't seem to make contact with the ball on the hotspot, so now they're checking for the snicko, and there it shows that there's a very tiny edge off the bat. Agarwal has to walk back, Aleem Dar has given a terrific decision this evening. India lose a review 96/3

I never understood the snicko. I have seen the spike cricinfo talks about when the ball just passes past the bat with no contact as well. There is no sharp spike that we usually see for an edge. Everyone went up for the appeal because they heard the bat hitting the ground.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, nikred said:

I never understood the snicko. I have seen the spike cricinfo talks about when the ball just passes past the bat with no contact as well. There is no sharp spike that we usually see for an edge. Everyone went up for the appeal because they heard the bat hitting the ground.

It was a strange one. No hotspot but the snicko suggested noise when the ball went past the bat. Also there was a gap between the bat and the ground at that point so it wasn't bat hitting ground noise.

It was a strange one. No hotspot but the snicko suggested noise when the ball went past the bat. Also there was a gap between the bat and the ground at that point so it wasn't bat hitting ground noise.
I thought they did not move the video till the point of contact of bat with ground. Well end of the day, one technology was contradicting another technology.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Disgraceful. Clearly it was bat hitting ground, spoils the nature of the contest. Happens to us every *ing time, forget 50:50 decisions (which mostly go against us), we get robbed so often esp in SENA that it is hard not to feel sorry for the team. 

There is no way mayank was walking off without reviewing if he hadn't hit that. Kohli forced him to review 

1 hour ago, nikred said:

I thought they did not move the video till the point of contact of bat with ground. Well end of the day, one technology was contradicting another technology.

Yes that's why they didn't reverse the decision. It wasn't a howler really.