'Washington Sundar doesn’t even spin the ball,' Harbhajan Singh questions off-spinner's Team India selection

The main point which a person is trying to make gets lost when we title the article or threads like these with clickbaity quotes by taking one line out out what is said.

I watched India vs England test in Hindi commentary this time and Bhajji was commentating there and was all praise of Sundar through out the test. He strictly is making his point for LOIs. Yes technically he shouldn’t but he says a whole lot anout the issue but people can do better than creating these clickbaity headlines to title their articles as the whole point which a person is trying to make gets lost and internet Janta all have ADHD and won’t care checking the source to read the complete article.

15 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

The main point which a person is trying to make gets lost when we title the article or threads like these with clickbaity quotes by taking one line out out what is said.

I watched India vs England test in Hindi commentary this time and Bhajji was commentating there and was all praise of Sundar through out the test. He strictly is making his point for LOIs. Yes technically he shouldn’t but he says a whole lot anout the issue but people can do better than creating these clickbaity headlines to title their articles as the whole point which a person is trying to make gets lost and internet Janta all have ADHD and won’t care checking the source to read the complete article.

Sundar played for t20s mostly and t20 is more about variation then turn. So his point for even that was wrong. Guys he named arent even making to IPL squads

1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

Let's be honest, almost everyone was having same opinion on the date of this thread was created, many were against his debut at Gabba over Kuldeep. Kudos to Washington that he has proved himself through different facet of his game.

Not really? People who have actually watched him play in T20 and under 19 already knew what he was capable of. 

I always knew he was a fantastic batsman. Dint know he was this good already but I absolutely was familiar with his skillset. He has all the strokes. 

As for his bowling, he was always economical even in t20. Plus his height which gives good bounce makes him dangerous on Aussie and saffer pitches. 

That's why people who haven't watched these players play should just stick to commenting about their soooperstars. 

Sundar has prooven that he can bat and bat under pressure. He seems to have less technical flaws in batting. I will be honest, when Pant and him were batting together, I was worried that Pant may get out any time but was more assured the way Sundar batted. After giving amole thought , i do recall @rkt.india comment about Pant that yiu can not place catchers every where, so may be he knows when he is hitting deliveries in air.

As far as bowling of Sundar is concerned, there is just enough in them that he can trouble bats and get wicket. He isn’t Ash or Jaddu, but he is a very good batting allrounder. What disgusts me most is our Rockstar batting lineup never ever even bothered to learn the art of spin bowling in their 10+- year careers. We need more Sundars in that batting lineup. I mean as advise, Gill should put some effort in nets. 

3 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Let's be honest, almost everyone was having same opinion on the date of this thread was created, many were against his debut at Gabba over Kuldeep. Kudos to Washington that he has proved himself through different facet of his game.

He made his test debut because he could bat and Kuldeep could not.

8 minutes ago, New guy said:

Bhajji also said, yesterday, that Saha was still the best option and should always be under consideration over other

cricketaddictor.com/cricket-news/ill-stick-with-wriddhiman-saha-harbhajan-singh-on-rishabh-pants-backup-in-the-test-team/amp/

Judging by his comments everyday on everything, Either he is media savvy and wants to stay in limelight or he has been having too much of something :smokin::canabis: 

Bhajji is right, now people who are now questioning his selection are missing the point.Sundar is a bits and pieces player who is not ready to be the lead spinner of the team. People are projecting him to become opener and top five batsman. he is not good enoguh to in top five.

He was selected due to injuries like Thakur and once players are back from injuries, he needs to go back to domestic cricket and try to become a top order batsman. We don't need to fill test team with bits and pieces players like Pandya and Sundar.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bhajji is right, now people who are now questioning his selection are missing the point.Sundar is a bits and pieces player who is not ready to be the lead spinner of the team. People are projecting him to become opener and top five batsman. he is not good enoguh to in top five.

He was selected due to injuries like Thakur and once players are back from injuries, he needs to go back to domestic cricket and try to become a top order batsman. We don't need to fill test team with bits and pieces players like Pandya and Sundar.

4 tests 265 runs at average of 66 against best teams like Australia and England is good enough to earn him place. I do not recall any poor /lucky stroke from him. You can go and check averages and runs scored of other bats who played these two series

Edited by mishra
13 minutes ago, mishra said:

4 tests 265 runs at average of 66 against best teams like Australia and England is good enough to earn him place. I do not recall any poor /lucky stroke from him. You can go and check averages and runs scored of other bats who played these two series

How many runs and wicket Thakur took in that Gabba test. Why has he not played again?Good start does not mean he is  a great batsman. Same with Axar, once jadeja is back, Axar has no place in the team and if they play three spinners then Axar comes in, where does that leave Sundar?

People who are making him second coming of Bradman will crucify him if he fails couple of times and team is losing.If he wants to become a core member , he needs to become a top order batsman.

Edited by putrevus
On 3/10/2020 at 7:44 AM, Frustrated said:

Sundar is a club level bowler who might do well at times, in asian conditions.  In SENA, he will get slaughtered.    More or less, Harbhajan is right.  We hv better options, that's is for sure. 

Sundar actually did quite well in Australia, getting the dreaded Steve Smith out among others. Sure, he is not a big spinner of the ball or an attacking bowler, but he is not useless with the ball either. 

1980s and early 1990s Indian sides were filled with players like Sundar. Shastri, Binny, Manoj Prabhakar and even Madan lal along with Kapil Dev.Did they make Indian test team better?They all had their moments in test cricket. They won India two major cups in odis.

Edited by putrevus
33 minutes ago, nevada said:

Sundar actually did quite well in Australia, getting the dreaded Steve Smith out among others. Sure, he is not a big spinner of the ball or an attacking bowler, but he is not useless with the ball either. 

Agree.   Actually my post is one year old.  Right now my perception is a bit different.  Although Sundar is still not a big turner of the ball, he has developed this knack of picking crucial wickets. That's what matters.    Plus he has improved his batting a lot.    Now our TM will hv the problem of plenty, once Jadeja comes back to the test side. 

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

Agree.   Actually my post is one year old.  Right now my perception is a bit different.  Although Sundar is still not a big turner of the ball, he has developed this knack of picking crucial wickets. That's what matters.    Plus he has improved his batting a lot.    Now our TM will hv the problem of plenty, once Jadeja comes back to the test side. 

Damn, didn't even notice that your post is that old, lol! 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

How many runs and wicket Thakur took in that Gabba test. Why has he not played again?Good start does not mean he is  a great batsman. Same with Axar, once jadeja is back, Axar has no place in the team and if they play three spinners then Axar comes in, where does that leave Sundar?

People who are making him second coming of Bradman will crucify him if he fails couple of times and team is losing.If he wants to become a core member , he needs to become a top order batsman.

Thakur us unfit. I would like to see Sundar Thakur Pant  Pandya Bhumrah Kohli Chepu as minimum in team when we play for penultimate prize. Because they all have shown quality and temperament. Place of every other player can be decided depending upon various consideration. But if team management screws up this, I will blame Kohli

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Thakur us unfit. I would like to see Sundar Thakur Pant  Pandya Bhumrah Kohli Chepu as minimum in team when we play for penultimate prize. Because they all have shown quality and temperament. Place of every other player can be decided depending upon various consideration. But if team management screws up this, I will blame Kohli

Don't lump Pant with them. pant will play. I am not sure others have any room. Sundar will not play that is for sure and it would be wrong to pick him also.

Edited by putrevus