How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Western apes, copying western idiots. The mask is not protecting you from the virus, it is protecting others from you. Keep your facking infections to yourselves and spare others from spreading.

* i knw 2 of these idiots .....i knew Chu*** hai lekin itne bade ye nahin pata tha 

Congress MP Who Died Of COVID-19 Had Raised It In Parliament, Was Cut Off

H Vasanthakumar who had been admitted to a hospital in Chennai on August 10 after testing positive for the coronavirus died after he contracted severe pneumonia.

"Speaker sir, we have to announce a national disaster due to coronavirus affecting the whole nation. A zero-revenue situation will definitely impact the repayment of loans. I urge the government to reschedule the loan payment of small businessmen and individuals at least for three months," the lawmaker had said during a session in March when parliament was still functioning.

"Daily wagers have been adversely affected. I urge upon the government to pay a minimum of ₹ 2,000 per family..." he said, before Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla asked another lawmaker to speak.

As Mr Vasanthakumar was seen requesting one more minute to speak, going on to suggest a waiver of the Goods and Services Tax, Mr Birla asked Trinamool Congress's Saugata Roy to take over, telling the Congress MP with a smile: "Mic bandh (off)"

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/h-vasanthakumar-who-died-was-silenced-in-parliament-trying-to-speak-on-coronavirus-2287040

I remember this. Now this will never be forgotten.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/h-vasanthakumar-who-died-was-silenced-in-parliament-trying-to-speak-on-coronavirus-2287040

Whats is the latest from India? I had to attend a cousin’s wedding, but looks like I won’t be going. Its crazy how they are still going to have a wedding in November end. I wish they had delayed it but looks like they are going to have it this year only since everything was decided earlier in the year and both sides decided to keep the date and not change. 

What is the latest quarantine situation in India, especially for travelers? And are cases improving in your area? 

30 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Whats is the latest from India? I had to attend a cousin’s wedding, but looks like I won’t be going. Its crazy how they are still going to have a wedding in November end. I wish they had delayed it but looks like they are going to have it this year only since everything was decided earlier in the year and both sides decided to keep the date and not change. 

What is the latest quarantine situation in India, especially for travelers? And are cases improving in your area? 

I am only relying on this. I m sure u know this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

People in forum doesn’t seem to know answer. In my small town Prayagraj, Its more corona everyday. I have booked tickets for xmas. Few of my friends living in various parts of India have reported death of one of their parent/family member or have elder members admitted. 

On 8/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, Stan AF said:

Congress MP Who Died Of COVID-19 Had Raised It In Parliament, Was Cut Off

H Vasanthakumar who had been admitted to a hospital in Chennai on August 10 after testing positive for the coronavirus died after he contracted severe pneumonia.

"Speaker sir, we have to announce a national disaster due to coronavirus affecting the whole nation. A zero-revenue situation will definitely impact the repayment of loans. I urge the government to reschedule the loan payment of small businessmen and individuals at least for three months," the lawmaker had said during a session in March when parliament was still functioning.

"Daily wagers have been adversely affected. I urge upon the government to pay a minimum of ₹ 2,000 per family..." he said, before Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla asked another lawmaker to speak.

As Mr Vasanthakumar was seen requesting one more minute to speak, going on to suggest a waiver of the Goods and Services Tax, Mr Birla asked Trinamool Congress's Saugata Roy to take over, telling the Congress MP with a smile: "Mic bandh (off)"

I remember this. Now this will never be forgotten.

Many Politicians have lost life in Corona. Infact every state of India has lost a serious politician, its a sad loss. He was right on money that Corona is national disaster. But economics part, allthough good intentions, I disagree. If western Countries cant give money in name of Corona to Individuals, how can we expect a poor nation like India to be able to afford switching off stock exchange, banks, infact economy.

Rs 2000/- per month each family is nothing. Absolutely pea nuts. No solution but Only a open economy can sustain 1.4 billion people.

Edited by mishra

7 hours ago, mishra said:

I am only relying on this. I m sure u know this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

People in forum doesn’t seem to know answer. In my small town Prayagraj, Its more corona everyday. I have booked tickets for xmas. Few of my friends living in various parts of India have reported death of one of their parent/family member or have elder members admitted. 

Thanks for sharing, I am reading international flights will pretty much will be down till at least April. Vande Bharath and stuff like that will be the only ones which will go on.

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thanks for sharing, I am reading international flights will pretty much will be down till at least April. Vande Bharath and stuff like that will be the only ones which will go on.

Initially i thought the same. But suddenly I came to know from a friend that BA and Virgin doing rounds. It was pleasant surprise.  Rules say, You must carry covid test pass certificate and inform location where you will be staying in isolation for 7 days (or 14 days not sure). Also, one of my friend has to go on Covid emergency without certificate. At airport, officials were sympathetic and kind of his situation and allowed him in without it. Since you are going on wedding, you may not get sympathetic response

16 minutes ago, mishra said:

Initially i thought the same. But suddenly I came to know from a friend that BA and Virgin doing rounds. It was pleasant surprise.  Rules say, You must carry covid test pass certificate and inform location where you will be staying in isolation for 7 days (or 14 days not sure). Also, one of my friend has to go on Covid emergency without certificate. At airport, officials were sympathetic and kind of his situation and allowed him in without it. Since you are going on wedding, you may not get sympathetic response

i am also reading that you can easily fly to Dubai with a lot of airliens. Have you seen Varun Vaghish, aka Mountain Trekker, the most popular travel vlogger from India? He has visited Serbia vis Dubai and reported the same. I think if the stop over is Dubai, there are higher chance you can go to another country or travel overseas in general. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

i am also reading that you can easily fly to Dubai with a lot of airliens. Have you seen Varun Vaghish, aka Mountain Trekker, the most popular travel vlogger from India? He has visited Serbia vis Dubai and reported the same. I think if the stop over is Dubai, there are higher chance you can go to another country or travel overseas in general. 

I am taking my family and its direct Virgin flight from London Heathrow to Delhi. Need to sort out Corona test for family which is supposed to be right before travel date.

4 minutes ago, mishra said:

I am taking my family and its direct Virgin flight from London Heathrow to Delhi. Need to sort out Corona test for family which is supposed to be right before travel date.

Can you confirm how long will be the qurantine be in Delhi. I am getting mixed info. Some say they have relaxed the quarantine thing, and some places I read it is 7 days of quarantine. Is there a way to just landing to airport and going to your house?

If I land in Delhi and have to quarantine for 7 days or more, then its useless for me to travel as I will end up missing the marriage.