Countrywide lockdown from midnight: PM

Stradlater

13 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

A lot of Western thugs in the media are itching for more deaths in India.

There are plenty of people with superiority complex in the west albeit subconsciously through the media. Its like we have x number of patients how come a third world country doesn't have more patients. Hence these countries maybe underreporting. Thats their logic.

10 hours ago, sandeep said:

WTF took these guys so long. But better late than never I guess...

owaisi maybe late but plenty of muslims atleast in Chennai stopped going to mosques every since the bandh. Apprently, it is not strictly followed in northern areas of India and hyderabad because of lack of literacy and stubbornness. I'm assuming in these places, religious leaders and muslim politicians are held in high esteem than other politicians and government in general. It is open as I can hear the prayer call everyday but nobody goes there. I was purchasing something last week near a mosque. very few people entered and that too old people probably illiterate.

33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

There are plenty of people with superiority complex in the west albeit subconsciously through the media. Its like we have x number of patients how come a third world country doesn't have more patients. Hence these countries maybe underreporting. Thats their logic.

owaisi maybe late but plenty of muslims atleast in Chennai stopped going to mosques every since the bandh. Apprently, it is not strictly followed in northern areas of India and hyderabad because of lack of literacy and stubbornness. I'm assuming in these places, religious leaders and muslim politicians are held in high esteem than other politicians and government in general. It is open as I can hear the prayer call everyday but nobody goes there. I was purchasing something last week near a mosque. very few people entered and that too old people probably illiterate.

this is the only treatment for the ones who are not following it.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1243161110468890624?s=20

Edited by rollingstoned

11 hours ago, Singh bling said:

And how many days left in next month? Also how will Labour come suddenly when they are going back

Next month means mid April or after that Also due to long winter this season, harvesting season will also start late in north India. Wheat crops will need more heat before they are ready to be harvested. This year temperatures have at least been 5-6 degrees below normal till now in March and it's going to continue with more snow in Himalayas predicted.

6 hours ago, kosingh said:

India is under-testing, but not hearing about Indian hospitals getting over-run with people with breathing issues, etc.

Hoping there is something to the Indian weather thing...

It is not spreading in India as fast. more testing doesn't mean more positive cases.  The most important thing is India had banned flights from red zone countries in Feb itself. 

35 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

this is the only treatment for the ones who are not following it.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1243161110468890624?s=20

This is why the community gets a bad name. Thankfully they didn't protest this time citing religious grounds maybe because of police action :phehe:. Most of the temples and churches are closed but I hear prayer call by the neighborhood mosque. This is where I see namo being soft and not banning ALL religious gatherings. Its only for everybody's safety.

Most of the asian countries respect power. They may hate it but will damn sure respect it. Mecca is closed why cant these mosques follow suit. Now I get why owaisi sent that message. Once status quo is established by the authorities, they just comply as there is no way around it. Here I was thinking for a while that he is being sensible. This applies to any group regardless of religion. Most of our people try to push the limit until authorities crack down.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

It is not spreading in India as fast. more testing doesn't mean more positive cases.  The most important thing is India had banned flights from red zone countries in Feb itself. 

This is wishful thinking.  NY has 40,000 cases as of today.  They had zero at the beginning of the month.  And a few dozen by March 10th or so.  

13 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

India-  874+  total cases.

Today -147 cases till now.

Seeing the average incubation period is around 5 days, the high count today might be due to the Tali Bajao celebrations that took place on the streets 5 days back. Not sure though. Count will be clearer the next couple of days.