Escalation at India-China border

Clarke

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

The big problem is that there is no LOC but two LACs

media organisations take liberty in reporting due to not knowing the exact location of the LAC of both sides.  There is no formal border.

I think 400m is not a big deal...it can be sorted out...also, if u open those coordinates which I shared, u can see shyok river nearby, from where the dbo road passes...  

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

Don’t believe anything The Guardian says, facking jihadi sympathizers . Read this instead, first hand account

https://missionvictoryindia.com/splitting-the-anatomy-of-the-galwan-valley-bloodshed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Splitting the Anatomy of the Galwan Valley Bloodshed

"Speaking to the OC Rear of 16 Bihar, it turned out that Lt Col Maninder Nagpal, Capt Arjun Deshpande and Capt Manangma of 16 Bihar were the most daring and they ferociously led their troops to avenge the death of their CO."

Edited by coffee_rules

Re Guardian

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

The article posted claims to quote a person who is 60 years old and fought in the 1962 war. It would mean he would be 2 at the time. Ie its just a made up quote.

Shiv aroor has called their bluff out immediately. Check his tweeter feed.

The local journalist in question Aakash Hassan  writes for the likes of trtworld and caravan india.

Once confronted with this he changed the story to joined the army after the war etc. Rendering the quote useless. (Please check the Aakash Hassan Twitter feed)

war is coming no doubt. dont be surprised if there is a midnight raid by our paratroopers at Pangong Tso. in Galwan and Depsang, there has been mirror deployment by the Indian Army but Pangong Tso will remain a symbolic defeat for India unless Chinese are not sent back to Finger 8.

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

war is coming no doubt. dont be surprised if there is a midnight raid by our paratroopers at Pangong Tso. in Galwan and Depsang, there has been mirror deployment by the Indian Army but Pangong Tso will remain a symbolic defeat for India unless Chinese are not sent back to Finger 8.

I don't think its imminent.  

Is Finger 4 worth the risk of escalation? I'd say not just yet.  I want Modi to play this out like Kennedy played out Cuba - no backwards step, but no rush to get trigger-happy.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Is Finger 4 worth the risk of escalation? I'd say not just yet.  I want Modi to play this out like Kennedy played out Cuba - no backwards step, but no rush to get trigger-happy.  

they have built a sizable amount of infra between finger 4 and finger 5. its an open dare by enemy, one which we cannot avoid.

Edited by FischerTal

57 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Modi will eff chinese between 4 and 8. It’s correct that Chink has considerable infra till f4 but building and maintaining are two different thing. Ideally Chinks can only maintain it till 14. Once boats are in, its blood between two nations. 5 times defence and economy budget of chinks Actually apso means 15 times border as well.

China can not forcibly occupy territory that belongs to nuclear nation. IMO, Modi will go to limited war if need be. Sovereignty is supreme.

Lets not fall into trap or advocate salami slicing. Ie Chinas end game

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I think at this stage the question is war or skirmmish...

The chinese aint going anywhere till November 

we sent another division to Ladakh today. thats 5 divisions in Ladakh already counting the troops in Siachen... basically 2 corps

2 hours ago, goose said:

I would like to see India take the lead in highlighting China's vile treatment of the Uyghur Muslims.

Sometimes India act so hypocrites regarding honkong-china one law protest in UN. India dint even participated forget about voting against them. That was the right opportunity to put political pressure on them by highlighting Chinese hegemony also should have gone ahead and highlighted their expansionist agenda and uighur muslims suppression. But even at this situation when Chinese literally interfering with our sovereignity we are still mum what kind of diplomacy is this.

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Sometimes India act so hypocrites regarding honkong-china one law protest in UN. India dint even participated forget about voting against them. That was the right opportunity to put political pressure on them by highlighting Chinese hegemony also should have gone ahead and highlighted their expansionist agenda and uighur muslims suppression. But even at this situation when Chinese literally interfering with our sovereignity we are still mum what kind of diplomacy is this.

India could get its massive Muslim population AND the rest of the world on side in one single stroke - that was my angle

7 hours ago, goose said:

I would like to see India take the lead in highlighting China's vile treatment of the Uyghur Muslims.

Bit difficult to do that when you have thousands of muslims running street protests and an army of Indian journalists ready to publish polemics against Indian government's 'oppression' of muslims.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, FischerTal said:

Indian Army but Pangong Tso will remain a symbolic defeat for India unless Chinese are not sent back to Finger 8.

Wait till winter china has to attack else they will have to pack their bags and leave. 

28 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Wait till winter china has to attack else they will have to pack their bags and leave. 

This assumption reminds me of the bhakt claims about how China has not successfully grabbed any Indian land.  

Ostrich-like.   

At this point, it is extremely low probability that India will ever get back Finger 4, or patrol access to F8.   Getting the PLA to leave Finger 4 will take maintaining current levels of escalation across all domains.  And even then, it is still unlikely that they are simply going to give up such an obviously tactical advantage.  

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

This assumption reminds me of the bhakt claims about how China has not successfully grabbed any Indian land.  

Ostrich-like.   

At this point, it is extremely low probability that India will ever get back Finger 4, or patrol access to F8.   Getting the PLA to leave Finger 4 will take maintaining current levels of escalation across all domains.  And even then, it is still unlikely that they are simply going to give up such an obviously tactical advantage.  

Usual judgement strawmen tripe from you, does not surprise me. . I have not claimed 1, china has not occupied land 2, not claimed india will get land back. What i have said is india does not need to attack, the attack will come from China before winter as the geography does not lend them to stay put there for ever doing nothing. Advantageous border situation is still with India. Just educate yourself more.

11 hours ago, goose said:

India could get its massive Muslim population AND the rest of the world on side in one single stroke - that was my angle

Never happen....do you see Indian majority of muslims have different opinion than that of Pakistanis. They ll only sought against cab, CAA,kashmir, Gaza.

Edited by raki05