Arrange them in the order of speeds

MechEng

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

@Suhaan bro, what do you remember of Brett Schultz in terms of pace? And whats your take on waqar's pace spanning his entire career?

@Tattieboy Do you remember Schultz? 

To be honest i haven't seen Schultz,maybe have seen but don't remember,i have heard of him here and based on YouTube videos he doesn't looks to me a tearaway fast bowler,i find Ntini,Hayward and Steyn faster than him even Klusener when he first came was extremely quick but Schultz doesn't look that quick to naked eye

Well Waqar was hyped as one of the quickest bowler at the time when i started watching cricket,i used to hear people say he is so quick that he breaks stumps in every series :phehe:(As if it had anything to do with express pace)that he plays,his peak fastest years i have not seen on tv,from 1996 to 2003 i remember our own Srinath looked quicker than those two W's and was proved so in wC 99 where he was just behind Akhtar leapfrogging so called fast men Donald,Waqar, Klusener,Elworthy etc

Waqar was express for a brief period which i have not seen,what i have seen was a fast medium to medium fast version,iirc Wasim bowled quicker than Waqar in their last WC 2003

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

To be honest i haven't seen Schultz,maybe have seen but don't remember,i have heard of him here and based on YouTube videos he doesn't looks to me a tearaway fast bowler,i find Ntini,Hayward and Steyn faster than him even Klusener when he first came was extremely quick but Schultz doesn't look that quick to naked eye

Well Waqar was hyped as one of the quickest bowler at the time when i started watching cricket,i used to hear people say he is so quick that he breaks stumps in every series :phehe:(As if it had anything to do with express pace)that he plays,his peak fastest years i have not seen on tv,from 1996 to 2003 i remember our own Srinath looked quicker than those two W's and was proved so in wC 99 where he was just behind Akhtar leapfrogging so called fast men Donald,Waqar, Klusener,Elworthy etc

Waqar was express for a brief period which i have not seen,what i have seen was a fast medium to medium fast version,iirc Wasim bowled quicker than Waqar in their last WC 2003

Waqar at his peak between 89-94 was quick then lost pace due to back issues.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes as i said this is before 1996,as much as i have seen him on tv he wasn't the Waqar of early 90s(i started developing interest for cricket from WC96)

Edited by Suhaan
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Already mentioned Waqar was quick to the range of 150's till 93. However the video isnt indicative of that. Most deliveries are nasty because of the bounce. 

Also, judging a bowler by a few videos is a bit amateurish! 

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Already mentioned Waqar was quick to the range of 150's till 93. However the video isnt indicative of that. Most deliveries are nasty because of the bounce. 

Also, judging a bowler by a few videos is a bit amateurish! 

Brother,this looks a young Waqar

10 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

MIrror image of Shoaib is a bit much. Anderson has never been quick. Only fast medium. On a personal note, he is not an all time great. I find him mediocre. 

Legit all time greats from this list are Marshall, Waqar and Wasim. None of them had pace of Shoaib or Brett Lee. Waqar during 89-92 was fast. I would say around 150-153/155ish at times. Marshall is debatable. But I would go with rkt about Steyn and Marshall.

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Only that Schultz wasn't as quick as Shoaib. Regarding Marshall, he was more like Steyn.

Video of Schultz from 1993. Doesn't look even close to Mitch Johnson.

Schultz was a beast!

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

It does. It's the downward component of velocity that the speed gun doesnt measure. Bowlers get steeper  bounce and rush the batsman more. 

Bounce doesn't rush the batsman. Pace does. You still need pace. Jacob Oram never hurried batsmen despite his bounce, neither Pollard who both are giants. And all bowlers lose pace once ball bit the pitch.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Bounce doesn't rush the batsman. Pace does. You still need pace. Jacob Oram never hurried batsmen despite his bounce, neither Pollard who both are giants. And all bowlers lose pace once ball bit the pitch.

Cmon dude. Oram was too slow and so was Pollard. Dont bring their name ;p

In my opinion though, a sharpish bouncy delivery is scary as hell for batsmen. I mean, even Agarkar bowling at 140-142 used to put batsmen in trouble when he would bounce the ball. I think anything around and above 137k's, which has steep or unexpected bounce is tough to handle.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

In my opinion though, a sharpish bouncy delivery is scary as hell for batsmen. I mean, even Agarkar bowling at 140-142 used to put batsmen in trouble when he would bounce the ball. I think anything around and above 137k's, which has steep or unexpected bounce is tough to handle.

Bhai that'd what I meant that you still need some amount of pace to hurry batsmen. It's the extra bounce from short of length or good length that troubles batsmen as they find it difficult to control the shot. It doesn't hurry batsmen. Batsmen only get hurried by pace. 

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Best example now Archer . He is dangerous with his rising deliveries from back of length with pace and precision of those deliveries hitting  the body.

Didn't saw Brett Schultz but for rest, the order is

1. Malcolm Marshall

2. Waqar Younis

3. Pat Cummins

4. Wasim Akram

5. James Anderson

The only reason Anderson was hitting 140 this summer was because he got enough rest due to lockdown and SL series getting postooned so that he could come up and bowl at good pace. On average, he bowls around 135 Kph.