[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

2 hours ago, velu said:

@maniac finished nobody :hail:

developed by the same guy , who developed JW .. JW is more stylish though 

Not as good as JW but still awesome but and some epic scenes. Also I like that actor, usually does comedy roles so refreshing role for him.

Njan Prakashan on Netflix. Mallu reviewers have bashed the movie calling it cliched but since I have no clue about the director, the story is fresh for me and I enjoyed watching it. Fahad Fazil was awesome as usual with his character portrayal. The girl who played the patient's role was also excellent. 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:02 PM, Bigg Brother said:

Shyam Singha Roy on Netflix, a bit weird concept about reincarnation but worth watching. Nani & Sai Pallavi made it immensely watchable..

Hinduphobic communist crap. Shows 1969-70 period as some medieval era. Hero says,  “Idi Rigveda kadu” he says, some leftist view of Hindu society and of our history. Stereotypes of Brahmin villains, idiotic movie 

Edited by coffee_rules

On Wed Jan 19 2022 at 1:49 AM, velu said:

@maniac finished nobody :hail:

developed by the same guy , who developed JW .. JW is more stylish though 

Recommended it last year on this thread.  Fun movie with some great action.  That RZA  recoil kill in the end was dope to watch.  Best movie of 2021 imo excluding No way home & Dune. 

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Hinduphobic communist crap. Shows 1969-70 period as some medieval era. Hero says,  “Idi Rigveda kadu” he says, some leftist view of Hindu society and of our history. Stereotypes of Brahmin villains, idiotic movie 

What leftist view of society? You got offended because they showed that megalomaniac godman? And that rigveda dialogue I guess was reference that we are not living in some ancient era,we are in independent India. I don't find anything Hinduphobic in that. Infact there were many things to like about movie, it isn't that they insulted the celebration of festivals etc.. And untouchability is problem still prevalent in country. Screenplay and music are the better things about movie. While watching movie and getting entertained,I hardly think about the ideological references and all. And the movie isn't even trying covney some ideaological message, It is just super fictional story,Had to show Hero as some larger than life character who was seen as reformist..

13 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

What leftist view of society? You got offended because they showed that megalomaniac godman? And that rigveda dialogue I guess was reference that we are not living in some ancient era,we are in independent India. I don't find anything Hinduphobic in that. Infact there were many things to like about movie, it isn't that they insulted the celebration of festivals etc.. And untouchability is problem still prevalent in country. Screenplay and music are the better things about movie. While watching movie and getting entertained,I hardly think about the ideological references and all. And the movie isn't even trying covney some ideaological message, It is just super fictional story,Had to show Hero as some larger than life character who was seen as reformist..

Read this thread that @diga posted, lists all the symbolisms . What was the point of showing janeu wearing mahants peeing on women, being pedophile. This was a commie narrative of Hinduism that the colonials ingrained in our brains and they keep peddling the same sh1t like a broken record. Reference to Rigveda is derogatory, as it is considered the Shruti scripture of Hindus. Rigveds never proclaimed hierarchy of people like it was lated morphed into. Devadasis were not discriminated or abused by Brahmins alone. It was a profession that their art was dedicated to the deity, but the local zamindars abused the system. At least  they do some basic research on the subject. Instead they show a western attire clad hero who claims to be an atheist going about being a reformist. Shades of a colonial educated McCaulay putras that loiter in humanities dept of all Indian universities. These kind of movies were limited to southern mos t states, looks like it is spreading it's ugly tentacles to northern areas. 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:11 PM, coffee_rules said:

Read this thread that @diga posted, lists all the symbolisms . What was the point of showing janeu wearing mahants peeing on women, being pedophile. This was a commie narrative of Hinduism that the colonials ingrained in our brains and they keep peddling the same sh1t like a broken record. Reference to Rigveda is derogatory, as it is considered the Shruti scripture of Hindus. Rigveds never proclaimed hierarchy of people like it was lated morphed into. Devadasis were not discriminated or abused by Brahmins alone. It was a profession that their art was dedicated to the deity, but the local zamindars abused the system. At least  they do some basic research on the subject. Instead they show a western attire clad hero who claims to be an atheist going about being a reformist. Shades of a colonial educated McCaulay putras that loiter in humanities dept of all Indian universities. These kind of movies were limited to southern mos t states, looks like it is spreading it's ugly tentacles to northern areas. 

Well,this Twitter thread is informative but as I said I don't get into nitty gritty of subject of movies/tv shows while getting entertained. It's movie at the end of the day. And I watched it for Sai Pallavi..Liked the performances of both lead...

Well,this Twitter thread is informative but as I said I don't get into nitty gritty of subject of movies/tv shows while getting entertained. It's movie at the end of the day. And I watched it for Sai Pallavi..Liked the performances of both lead...
She may be a good actress but her red cheeks in every movie is unwatchable. She is not the beautiful type heroine.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

She may be a good actress but her red cheeks in every movie is unwatchable. She is not the beautiful type heroine.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

I find her extremely attractive. Also she is brilliant dancer. Who are beautiful type of heroines according to you??