[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 1/27/2022 at 2:06 AM, Bigg Brother said:

Well,this Twitter thread is informative but as I said I don't get into nitty gritty of subject of movies/tv shows while getting entertained. It's movie at the end of the day. And I watched it for Sai Pallavi..Liked the performances of both lead...

Its fine when the public takes it as just a movie but not the propaganda that is. . That movie has been financed by ricebags just to malign & spread misinformation in AP where there is an opportunity for more conversion. 

Minnal murali - best superhero indian film
Pushpa- loved it 

Maanadu- damn good
Dont look up- Great satire

Doctor- What a fun film 

Sarapatta parambai- loved it 

Chandigarh kare aashiqui- bleh 

TV shows-

The white lotus -  highly recommend 

tabbar- very good

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

22 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

All of us are dead decent korean zombie horror flick on Netflix. 

The Righteous Gemstones is freakin amazing on Hotstar.  HBO content never disappoints. 

The White lotus is next on my watch list. 

yes, HBO's consistency is essentially unrivalled by other networks.

Minnal murali - best superhero indian film
Pushpa- loved it 
Maanadu- damn good
Dont look up- Great satire
Doctor- What a fun film 
Sarapatta parambai- loved it 
Chandigarh kare aashiqui- bleh 

TV shows-
The white lotus -  highly recommend 
tabbar- very good
How many languages do you know? Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi... All are there in your list.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, anish2tweet said:

How many languages do you know? Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi... All are there in your list.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

apart from hindi i only punjabi.  I love south films....

Subtitle hai to kya ghum 

Next I wanna watch  is this kannada movie Garuda Gamana Vrishabha Vahana  and kadseela biryani (tamil)

Reacher right now is amazing on Prime Video. Absolutely amazing adaptation of Jack Reacher.  Protagonist is just perfect Jack Reacher not a shorter /lesser build Tom cruise.  Again sh*** marketing by Amazon that most people don't even know about it. 

Netflix would have promoted it like crazy & it would be currently trending world wide. 

PR & marketing of amazon is truly pathetic. 

On 1/24/2022 at 6:43 AM, coffee_rules said:

Hinduphobic communist crap. Shows 1969-70 period as some medieval era. Hero says,  “Idi Rigveda kadu” he says, some leftist view of Hindu society and of our history. Stereotypes of Brahmin villains, idiotic movie 

The timelines might be wrong but wasnt the Devdasi system prevalent.in some parts of the country? From what I read elsewhere, it is not the Brahmin but the prominent, powerful people in the village used to prey on those women who had sad, trapped lives. 

13 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Reacher right now is amazing on Prime Video. Absolutely amazing adaptation of Jack Reacher.  Protagonist is just perfect Jack Reacher not a shorter /lesser build Tom cruise.  Again sh*** marketing by Amazon that most people don't even know about it. 

Netflix would have promoted it like crazy & it would be currently trending world wide. 

PR & marketing of amazon is truly pathetic. 

Just watched the first couple of episodes. Seems fun

20 hours ago, nevada said:

The timelines might be wrong but wasnt the Devdasi system prevalent.in some parts of the country? From what I read elsewhere, it is not the Brahmin but the prominent, powerful people in the village used to prey on those women who had sad, trapped lives. 

Yes, not at all denying that. But to show janeu wearing Mahant picking 12 year old girl and urinating on protesting women is an excess. From what we know of this bad culture is that they would perform dance in temples and they considered themselves as married to the deity, never stayed in temple premises like a harem for priests as shown in the movie. This is commie version of that history. They were exploited by zamindars as the young devadasis  would be assigned to the the feudal lords  using official ceremonies performed by priests of the temple.

. Watch a movie called Gejje Pooje (Kannada ‘68) which was remade in Hindi as Aahista Aahista (80s). Had great songs - Kabhi Kisi ko mukammal zahan nahin milta