[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I have seen most of your list. agreed that they are all excellent and so is kim ki-duk. 2 of my top 3 are "parasite" and "the handmaiden". I usually try to include 1-2 "subjective" films in my favourites (because that's what fav films ultimately means). so, two of my sentimental "subjective" favs are "My Sassy Girl" and "Failan". Neither are truly masterpieces in the "objective" sense (although "Failan" in particular is really top-notch), but they hold a lot of fond memories for me.

Park Chan Wook is in a league of his own.

Didn't realise he was involved in both "Handmaiden" and "Snowpiercer". I'll give them both a watch.

Kim Ki Duk was a machine. He was churning out movies at a good clip. 

Prefect Blue was years ahead of its time. Japanese anime.

Just now, EnterTheVoid said:

Park Chan Wook is in a league of his own.

Didn't realise he was involved in both "Handmaiden" and "Snowpiercer". I'll give them both a watch.

Kim Ki Duk was a machine. He was churning out movies at a good clip. 

Prefect Blue was years ahead of its time. Japanese anime.

yes, wook is amazing and so is duk. and now we have bong ("parasite") and others.

Perfect blue's director (satoshi kon) was a true maverick. made the even more amazing (in my book) "Millenium Actress". pity he died relatively young.

Batman.

Very regrettable, my decision to watch this. The lead actor looks like a corpse. In the throes of pallor mortis. Same superhero shtick rehashed again. At least this time there were no aliens eyeing to colonize the earth.

I'm so done with the entire superhero genre.

Worst part is that the movie is 3 hours long. That's Karan Johar territory without the songs.

1/5

On 3/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, Mariyam said:

Batman.

Very regrettable, my decision to watch this. The lead actor looks like a corpse. In the throes of pallor mortis. Same superhero shtick rehashed again. At least this time there were no aliens eyeing to colonize the earth.

Worst part is that the movie is 3 hours long. That's Karan Johar territory without the songs.

1/5

A Batman musical would be a good idea - he can chase Catwoman around the trees while it's raining and they can change into multiple costumes while singing and dancing.

Edited by Vijy

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Something on these lines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Pjo0WjBcs

Zach Snyder knows not what he misseth.

I see your Superman and I raise a Spiderman or rather Isspiderman! Makers couldn't buy the real gear, :lol:\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE3juR4E_5I

Edited by coffee_rules

11 hours ago, Cricket_Hacker said:

Its like a cliched 20 year old movie, but with modern visuals

Very intentionally a 80s style action movie popcorn, with a bit of guardians of the galaxy humor masala sprinkled on.  I can almost see the producer's pitch to the studio - now after the pandemic, people are craving for some old school comfort food style entertainment.  Its going to be big, I tell ya BIG.  

Was just ok.  Completely predictable movie almost boringly so.  Paint-by-numbers comfort food is what they aimed for and got it.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, Mariyam said:

Batman.

1/5

This is the kindof **** that irritates me that people speak patronizingly about desi movies.  So many of these "critics" fawn over utter stinking kachra like this, which has its own nonsense 'tropes'....

Finished Marco Polo on Netflix...  Honestly so piss*d at Netflix for canceling it after 2 seasons.  I know it was damn costly but its cinematography leaves GoT in the dust.  If it had released post 2020..  People would have gone mental.  

Ended on a cliffhanger as well:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Finished Marco Polo on Netflix...  Honestly so piss*d at Netflix for canceling it after 2 seasons.  I know it was damn costly but its cinematography leaves GoT in the dust.  If it had released post 2020..  People would have gone mental.  

Ended on a cliffhanger as well:facepalm:

Season 1 was awesome S2 not so much. Got bored like I did with Vikings (also amazing). GOT didn't get boring till S7

On 3/20/2022 at 7:25 PM, bharathh said:

Watched Badhaai do. Pretty good movie with super songs. Rajkumar Rao was awesome. Bhumi started out well - but her character became extremely annoying as the movie went on.

watched it for Rao and he nailed it.