[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

Tiger 3, 5/10, weakest film of the Tiger series, cringe storyline, same old Pakistan obsession

Sam Bahadur, 6/10, weak direction and screenplay, strong performance by Vicky, missed opportunity I feel

Animal 0/10, too much gore and misogyny. No story, RIP logic/physics. Director Vanga should be in Ranchi mental hospital, music/BGM only saving grace. Dangerous film for our society. 

Edited by Gollum

Sam Bahadur - watched on Friday.

Animal - watchd on Sunday.

Sam Bahadur - Boring movie. Vicky Kaushal looks more like Sam Bahadur, acts like Dev Anand and at times delivers dialogues like Shivankit Parihar. Walks casually with bent head, body most of the time, not sure if Sam used to do like that. Average performance at times felt like overacting by Vicky Kaushal.

Animal - 3 hrs of collection of reels, never seen any movie like this in bollywood. One time watch.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:59 PM, Gollum said:

Tiger 3, 5/10, weakest film of the Tiger series, cringe storyline, same old Pakistan obsession

Sam Bahadur, 6/10, weak direction and screenplay, strong performance by Vicky, missed opportunity I feel

Animal 0/10, too much gore and misogyny. No story, RIP logic/physics. Director Vanga should be in Ranchi mental hospital, music/BGM only saving grace. Dangerous film for our society. 

Looks like you are reviewing science and ideology rather than film making.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:59 PM, Gollum said:

Re Animal biggest plot hole & non sense I found is Ranbir - Anil Kapoor equation...  Utter confusion. 

Anil Kapoor is a regular father...  Not sure what point was Vanga trying to prove here. 

One of those movies where you have to shut your mind & just watch it as it is. 

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Re Animal biggest plot hole & non sense I found is Ranbir - Anil Kapoor equation...  Utter confusion. 

Anil Kapoor is a regular father...  Not sure what point was Vanga trying to prove here. 

Lack of cops, zero consequence for their actions, no story in it. Bakwas picture.....

11 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Watched Animal Second time, this time in Hindi

Best movie of 2023 for me.

No semblance of events. In one word review of the movie - Kuch Bhi. The psychiatrist asks about his sex life in front of 100 people. Lost it 30 mins before the intermission. Tab tak theek hi tha. 

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

John Wick is set up in a dystopian setting...  Gives makers excess freedom when it comes to world building. 

Exactly, John Wick is a story about hired-killers and their competitive world. Yahan pe, there is a regular business setting (Swatik) and business rivalry. There was media, but once he started the killings, there are no cops. Aise kaise ho sakta hain! 

On 12/8/2023 at 2:56 AM, Lone Wolf said:

GAp4akea4AA13fm?format=jpg&name=medium

53 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Exactly, John Wick is a story about hired-killers and their competitive world. Yahan pe, there is a regular business setting (Swatik) and business rivalry. There was media, but once he started the killings, there are no cops. Aise kaise ho sakta hain! 

Watching some Tripti Dimri work though...  Laila Majnu was good.  Qala is supposed to be great (has late Irrfan Khan's son in it too) next on my watch list.