[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 11/14/2022 at 7:14 AM, bharathh said:

Watched Wakanda Forever yesterday. Don't see what the fuss is about. Timepass movie. Don't understand why it is getting so many rave reviews

Its meant for the woke masses. 2 black women who are smart as hell & indigenous people who have an empire under the ocean and can defeat others using water balloons & sounds. 

Cirkus getting panned by reviewers- as expected after watching the trailer. Will be the WORST film of 2022.

Rohit Shetty thinks audience still like the Golmall and Masti style comedy- i hope he makes so much losses that he retires from filmmaking. All those abusing the 'boycott gang'... filmmakers wont help themselves if they keep making films like this. I genuinely miss the Hera pheri and priyadarshan comedy days

2022 has been a BAD BAD year for Hindi film industry. Other than Anek(An under-rated piece), all were disappointing :((

This was the industry that produced Lagaan. One of the all time great masala films. 

Pathaan frankly looks cringe. Liger level cringe.

I hope they strike well in 2023 with Brahmastra 2 and other films.

Edited by kepler37b

46 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

2022 has been a BAD BAD year for Hindi film industry. Other than Anek(An under-rated piece), all were disappointing :((

This was the industry that produced Lagaan. One of the all time great masala films. 

Pathaan frankly looks cringe. Liger level cringe.

I hope they strike well in 2023 with Brahmastra 2 and other films.

I doubt it... the blockbusters seem to be emerging more from S. Indian cinema

Glass onion - Mehhhh

Nowhere near the finesse of Knives out neither with the acting, nor the style and the plot or the execution. Started out well but fizzled out in the middle itself and the killer was predictable. Why do they keep picking these old fools edward norton and batista. They look odd and jaded completely.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:24 AM, kepler37b said:

Masooda on Aha.

An engaging and  good single genre horror film.  

Glad the makers did not fall for tropes of telugu cinema like forced comedy.

Recommended.

rare to see good horror films in this domain

My 2 best movies this year were the funny black comedies Monica o my darling and An Action Hero.. both well made with lot of tributes to other movies / directors. Specially Monica was a homage to Vijay Anand, Sriram Raghavan et al.. An Action hero should be seen just to see the lampooning of great Indian media irrespective of their wing.. 

On 1/6/2023 at 4:06 PM, neel roy said:

My 2 best movies this year were the funny black comedies Monica o my darling and An Action Hero.. both well made with lot of tributes to other movies / directors. Specially Monica was a homage to Vijay Anand, Sriram Raghavan et al.. An Action hero should be seen just to see the lampooning of great Indian media irrespective of their wing.. 

they were definitely both interesting and entertaining, but I felt Monica ran out of steam a bit in 2nd half

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yeah, that's my impression too

I think the snake focus , the venom death were like trying too many things.. too many sub plots..it had everything murder, betrayal, homage to old films, tried to be a smart neo noir.. but i like the director vasan bala. He directed mard ko dard nahi hota then this.. good beginning. Sriram raghavan is my fav.. and his johnny gaddar was class.. he is trying to follow him..

On 2/7/2022 at 1:53 PM, Stan AF said:

Scream 5 Release Date Set For 2022; Story And Starcast This Time

Scream 5' Trailer Stars Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox WATCH

Not bad, I must say. I'm a huge fan of the 90's thriller(scream) and this film is a worthy sequel or a requel. Guess the film will continue to come as they have passed the torch onto the next generation.

Very enticing!!!

Looks like the killer graduated from knives to guns.