Hathras gang rape: Police forcibly took away body for cremation, says victim's brother

Singh bling

19 hours ago, beetle said:

Seriously....this is one of those bs statements like in India we worship women....hence we respect them.

We have female gods that no other religion has such a precedent. Women’s place in our society has been been inferior, despite that fact, as we don’t see divinity in humans. The same logic is extended to Men, we have male gods too, why do you think we have murders and thievery of men. Respect of people doesn’t come because of gods. It is a societal degradation and nothing to do with religion. 

India is considered one of the most dangerous countries in the world for women and very rightly so.

Yes, survey done by Reuters foundation which is an evangelical organization. UNESCO gives out such certificates on WAU. ( most dangerous country in the world for women)

A country where killing girls has been tradition in large parts of the country and killing / abuse for dowry has and continues to be normal is a horrible place to be.

Killing of girls is a tradition ? Going a bit far. There is nobody going around preaching to kill girls as part of tradition. Dowry, female infanticide are societal normalization of crimes and Not a problem of tradition. Do you have some puranas or kathaa advising people to kill girls?

A place where a girl/ woman being alone ...whether going to attend natures call or going to buy grocery is enough reason to be raped casually  and then blamed by the people of the society for the rape is a horrible place for women.

Why do men like to say ,there is very little crime in India against women compared to others. Is the horrible crime rate not enough? Does it make them feel better about themselves and the country.  Is burying the head in sand  good?

Although, it is futile and insulting to compare crime rates, the narrative set in the west with the increased brutality of crimes is to generalize the mentality of all Indian males as rapists. This is not on and equally futile. Not all men are pigs as thought and propagated by feminists.

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

We have female gods that no other religion has such a precedent. Women’s place in our society has been been inferior, despite that fact, as we don’t see divinity in humans. The same logic is extended to Men, we have male gods too, why do you think we have murders and thievery of men. Respect of people doesn’t come because of gods. It is a societal degradation and nothing to do with religion

We have male Gods is never used as an excuse to make people believe crimes against men are less or deny the crimes against men.

We have female Gods is used to deny the horrible state of crimes against women ....like if we have female Gods,how can we commit crimes against them. 

Yes, survey done by Reuters foundation which is an evangelical organization. UNESCO gives out such certificates on WAU. ( most dangerous country in the world for women)

We don't need any survey to know how unsafe our country is for women. We live here and we know the reality.

Killing of girls is a tradition ? Going a bit far. There is nobody going around preaching to kill girls as part of tradition. Dowry, female infanticide are societal normalization of crimes and Not a problem of tradition. Do you have some puranas or kathaa advising people to kill girls?

So any thing bad happening that is not in the puranas is not tradition?Is there a freeze on tradition since the puranas?

Tradition is what becomes the 'normal ' in society over a period of time. The horrible male female ration does not happen in 2-3 years ...it has taken decades and what becomes norm in decades ,becomes tradition. In some parts of the country ,it has been going on for centuries. Just google doodh peeti  . There were other traditional methods to kill new born girls acceptable amongst people for killing . Later ultrasound  took over to make the genocide invisible.

Although, it is futile and insulting to compare crime rates, the narrative set in the west with the increased brutality of crimes is to generalize the mentality of all Indian males as rapists. This is not on and equally futile. Not all men are pigs as thought and propagated by feminists.

Why are we so bothered by what the western media thinks?

Why not accept that the there are far too many men who given an opportunity turn into rapists. Yes...not all men are beasts....but there are enough.

Most Indians have no problems demonising every thing western ...be it their culture or parenting. Do we see them getting upset ?

Getting upset about what they say makes no sense . Instead of denying it , accepting that things are horrible is the first step towards trying to make it better.

P.s....I am not going to take part in this thread now .  Feel free to discuss without quoting me. I am not in the right frame of mind these days and going through anxiety .  Will try to stay away from chit chat.

Edited by beetle

@beetle ji. it doesnt matter what my next door neighbour thinks of me Or few more neighbours think of me. But it starts to matter when everyone thinks negatively about me. Same is about what people of other countries think about India and Indians. Its long discussion. Also, I have allways argued/maintained among my Indian friends that Indians living in modern India are too full of themselves. They think they are all too powerful as a nation, but their "Aukaat"  gets exposed in UN, UN bodies,, World bodies and economy. They bloody cant even control small neighbors and they think what view rest of world keeps about them is immaterial. Have Indians ever thought, what is pre cursor to a sanction imposed by UN/US/EU on any nations. Its little issues like this. So condone the Hathras victim but also put facts. India is not only nation on this planet and Indians Aukaat is no where near to EU /US/P5. Thats a lot of nations ahead of us in Aukaat.

Every Indian condones and condemn what happened in Hathras. But to assume that India and Indian society is supposedly only one which is anti women is wrong. As i said, crime among Indians Hindus is least globally. You can say, that its Indian Government, which cant catch/record the crime. But what about Indians living in other countries.. So have some pride, that our upbringing is probaly best and we are still trying to improve upon it.

PS: A small near bancrupt EU country (Italy) took away its sailors convicted of murder right under Indian nose. Thats India's Aukaat. Try doing any such stunt globally, you(India) will be put in your place

Edited by mishra

Here: Just few facts:

In pre medivel/ era, read the way women and girl were treated once a fort has fallen.

King Henry III had six wives. What, why, how and its social impacts and society as a whole.

From Khajuraho to Parda System: Again what how why.

Doctrine of lapse; Who introduced it, affected people and would have by social impact?

objectification of women is a byproduct of sexual urge its not really a disease that can be cured. Can't fix whats not broken. But objectification of women leading to not just great sex with a partner who appreciates it but rather to victimisation of a woman, now thats a law, enforcement and justice problem. Exemplary and swift punishment is needed for rape cases simple. Chemical castration and sex change + general male population incarceration imo would be fair punishment..but beheading through family members would also do in my humble opinion.