Why is Sanju Samson so highly rated?

SecondSlip

9 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

I don't think he is a hack. He scores on both sides of the ground. His problem is he just does not puts enough runs on the board more often than not and hence it also affects his average and consistency. Consistency and runs scored are a result of many many factors and qualities. He needs to analyse why he is failing and then take corrective steps to improve 

Afridi also could score both sides of the wicket and he could hit all types of bowlers. Samson is more Afridi than any other top order batsman. He is 25 there is nothing left for him to analyze. It is what it is with him.He will remain an utterly inconsistent batsman who should be nowhere near Indian team.

This notion which some geniuses here are floating that he is top order batsman so he needs to bat in top three for Indian team also is utter nonsense. Where is he batting for his IPL team again and what has he been doing for his team.

Any batsman can have a bad form , but good batsmen carry the team when in form , inconsistent batsmen like this guy will score in 1 innings and stink in next ten.

16 hours ago, putrevus said:

Afridi also could score both sides of the wicket and he could hit all types of bowlers. Samson is more Afridi than any other top order batsman. He is 25 there is nothing left for him to analyze. It is what it is with him.He will remain an utterly inconsistent batsman who should be nowhere near Indian team.

This notion which some geniuses here are floating that he is top order batsman so he needs to bat in top three for Indian team also is utter nonsense. Where is he batting for his IPL team again and what has he been doing for his team.

Any batsman can have a bad form , but good batsmen carry the team when in form , inconsistent batsmen like this guy will score in 1 innings and stink in next ten.

Afridi is a one of the most successful LOI player for Pakistan playing against international level bowlers and fielders. Samson has not even acheived even 5% for India what Afridi acheived for Pakistan even though technically Samson is better than Afridi's hoicks. Afridi was first choice for Pakistan for many years, whereas Samson is barely being picked in squad in some series and that too against lesser teams where main players may be given rest. End of the day how many runs scored are more important than how they are scored.  Samson needs to prove himself by making drastic improvements so as to be consitent as well as score runs. But he isn't a hack imo.

Players who cannot adapt to different batting positions are those who cannot change the way they score or are too dependent on field restrictions. Dependency on batting position is perhaps also affected either due to weakness against particular type of bowling. Such players restrict the flexiblity and dynamic strategical decissions of captain.

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

He plays far too many arial shots. Doesn’t target bad bowlers. Need to learn from Kohli on building an innings.

Rohit wud be a better person to talk to coz he had similar issue , blessed with a great shot range but struggled with selection . Kohli had a limitation compared to rohit, rahul ,yuvi , pant , samson, abdv and he added but keeping his limitation in mind that ws what worked for him . Rohit just found the method to his madness, obv a consistent slot and captain ready to back helped him

18 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rohit wud be a better person to talk to coz he had similar issue , blessed with a great shot range but struggled with selection . Kohli had a limitation compared to rohit, rahul ,yuvi , pant , samson, abdv and he added but keeping his limitation in mind that ws what worked for him . Rohit just found the method to his madness, obv a consistent slot and captain ready to back helped him

Yes actually his shot making is similar to Rohit. Effortless yet powerful. But Rohit had a much better domestic record.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Yes actually his shot making is similar to Rohit. Effortless yet powerful. But Rohit had a much better domestic record.

yea but then again rohit was the most talented batsman , he had better domestic record then even kohli i think

but yea samson domestic record is worrying , even though he always does decently well on A-tours . If this inconsistency continuous he wont ago anywhere , sad coz he is damn talented and an asset on field as well

Where the hell is this guy batting in this IPL. He has batted in top three all matches so far and has stunk barring his first two innings. Last eight innings he has failed to reach double figures 6 times. But he is super talented according to some geniuses here and should replace Rohit or Kohli in top order.

Edited by putrevus

1 minute ago, SecondSlip said:

I thought you supported only Telugu-Origin players? 

Neither is Samson Telugu nor does he have X-Factor! 

So why do you rate him? :laugh:

Ishant sharma, ben Duckett, ben Stokes,Gill etc etc? :hmmm:

anyways I do think Samson has the X factor. He doesn’t fear the bowling it’s his own brain that lets him down, he needs to have a stint with MI to learn the mumbai style and nothing wrong with that. This whole RR Warne “flair” philosophy has kinda ruined him.

He reminds me of De Silva in a lot of ways. He will have a resurgence, wait and watch. He is talented.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

anyways I do think Samson has the X factor. He doesn’t fear the bowling it’s his own brain that lets him down, he needs to have a stint with MI to learn the mumbai style and nothing wrong with that. This whole RR Warne “flair” philosophy has kinda ruined him.

He reminds me of De Silva in a lot of ways. He will have a resurgence, wait and watch. He is talented.

Why do you hate Hardik Pandya so much then? He has always been with MI. 

Changing IPL franchises isn’t going to do anything. He needs to do extremely well in domestic cricket if he ever wants to play for India. 

Just because you or I like a domestic player doesn’t mean he will become World Class overnight. So far, Sanju hasn’t shown anything world class other than hitting a few sixes here and there in IPL. 

By the way, Pandya >>> Samson as a pure bat 

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

Nah sport is as much mental as ability. A 26 year old mental midget is not going to amount to very much. His window has passed and other younger players are now on the horizon.

33 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Why do you hate Hardik Pandya so much then? He has always been with MI. 

Changing IPL franchises isn’t going to do anything. He needs to do extremely well in domestic cricket if he ever wants to play for India. 

Just because you or I like a domestic player doesn’t mean he will become World Class overnight. So far, Sanju hasn’t shown anything world class other than hitting a few sixes here and there in IPL. 

By the way, Pandya >>> Samson as a pure bat 

how do you know that?  Both are hit and miss. Samson has on his good day handled better bowlers easily. Sure Pandya is talented but he hadn’t even played an innings of substance yet.

In fact Samson as they keeper-bat has a bigger usp than fragile 140k (???) bowler Pandya.

26 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Nah sport is as much mental as ability. A 26 year old mental midget is not going to amount to very much. His window has passed and other younger players are now on the horizon.

agree on the mental ascpect. However there is being a choker and being a guy who hasn’t applied himself. He is the latter. Should get 1 decent run

34 minutes ago, maniac said:

agree on the mental ascpect. However there is being a choker and being a guy who hasn’t applied himself. He is the latter. Should get 1 decent run

Is he not getting proper and decent run in IPL. What has he done for his team. Why do you think things will be different when he plays for Indian team.

Why should he get a decent run in Indian team.

Edited by putrevus

It is because one can sense the sheer natural talent he has.  He could be an explosive player for team India if properly developed. Also a very likeable character since he seems very quiet and stays under the radar, not a show off like some other guys.

I know it is no good since he is inconsistent, I'm just trying to answer why so many support him and want him to succeed.  

We are turning into pakistan, now all our young players are defined as tailunted while only one of them steps up to the level he was hyped to. 

Samson is not talented, neither is ishan kishan. Gill and shaw are real talents not these hacks. 

Hitting sixes ! =talent