Rishabh Pant

sandsaims

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He seems to lack intent this season. 

That bubbling energy is missing. 

The energy is their while keeping, he is still chirping behind the wickets. It's just that teams have not bowled to his strength this season & he has had no answers. He needs to evolve & improve his game.

36 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

The energy is their while keeping, he is still chirping behind the wickets. It's just that teams have not bowled to his strength this season & he has had no answers. He needs to evolve & improve his game.

And many here on ICF have been saying that for a long time. He has an obvious weakness and it was only a matter of time before being found out

I am little skeptical of Pant and Shaw utilising their potential . For me , their level fitness seem to show something about their focus & determination , For 20-22 year olds ,the most basic  thing would have been to be really fit  as they are international players . If they cannot even keep up their fitness , how much they would have put the  hard work to improve their game ? 

Even their game shows there is hardly much improvement and do not seem to learn from their past mistakes . Shaw has after 2 IPL the worst # for getting out most times  within PP.and still he comes and gives high ball catching practice !!

Even Pant got chances almost for > 1 year  but never capitalised , Now i strongly feel better to invest on Samson based on last 2 innings played by him .There is an effort by Samson now to build an innings and hit more ground strokes  which is welcome .

My hunch is Shaw  & Pant may not play in Aus   and if they play &  fail , it would be long wait for re entry.

Personally  i would like both of them not to be considered in any INDIA team till 2021. They should play  1 full domestic season  first and   India A &  if they improve fitness & pile on runs , then  they should be in contention. 

Better INVEST in people who show hunger to excel , to start with - SKY, Ruturaj, Kishan , Padikkal , Garg, Jaiswal .

5 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I am little skeptical of Pant and Shaw utilising their potential . For me , their level fitness seem to show something about their focus & determination , For 20-22 year olds ,the most basic  thing would have been to be really fit  as they are international players . If they cannot even keep up their fitness , how much they would have put the  hard work to improve their game ? 

Even their game shows there is hardly much improvement and do not seem to learn from their past mistakes . Shaw has after 2 IPL the worst # for getting out most times  within PP.and still he comes and gives high ball catching practice !!

Even Pant got chances almost for > 1 year  but never capitalised , Now i strongly feel better to invest on Samson based on last 2 innings played by him .There is an effort by Samson now to build an innings and hit more ground strokes  which is welcome .

My hunch is Shaw  & Pant may not play in Aus   and if they play &  fail , it would be long wait for re entry.

Personally  i would like both of them not to be considered in any INDIA team till 2021. They should play  1 full domestic season  first and   India A &  if they improve fitness & pile on runs , then  they should be in contention. 

Better INVEST in people who show hunger to excel , to start with - SKY, Ruturaj, Kishan , Padikkal , Garg, Jaiswal .

There is simply no excuse for someone in their early 20s to have such pitiful fitness standards. Pant is a WK so how on earth he has got so tubby at his age is staggering - in the history of wicket keeping there have been very few that look like Pant does now.

Physical conditioning should be non-negotiable and if they can't motivate themselves to have certain standards then the door should hit their bulky rear ends on the way out.

First he has to lose weight. And then cut out those ugly, way too away from the body shots which make him lose shape and balance. It's okay to get out for a low score but at-least look the part, don't play low percentage shots like a clueless slogger. The way he is batting now, it is a mess and an eye sore. 

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

He seems to lack intent this season. 

That bubbling energy is missing. 

I think people have messed up his head. He is trying to play risk free game initially with the hope of catching up later, at which he has failed. He also seems to be under pressure to develop off side game. Overall he is over thinking everytime he comes out to bat and what you see is like a bad remix version of an avg song.