India squad for Australia: Virat Kohli to miss last three Australia Tests

Gollum

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Everyone except probably you understands the power that Kohli yields. Someone who is able to kick a coach and appoint a Yes man clearly shows that. It is not about Kohli the Player failing, he failed as a Captain to get the team prepared.

As I questioned, is he the Owner of Team to make decisions on his whim? Which player before this has done his honeymoon on Tour? Players have life too agreed, but there are clear lines between Professional and Private parts of your life which Kohli often crosses because he is Captain of the team. Where he should be setting good example as Captain of the team, he is actually taking advantage of it.

Kumble is not more important than Kohli to the team. If Kohli is not comfortable with Kumble, he had to go.I told this many times I myself will take Shastri over Kumble as I think Shastri is better cricketing acumen than Kumble.

What decisions he has taken on whim, he is the captain and he is allowed to have his team. It just happens that India has one of worst batting talent during last five years. How is he taking advantage of being a captain.By being the most consistent batsman in the team or being the most fittest player on the team.Does that sound like person taking advantage to you.

The only glarring mistake in my view is not giving Shreyas Iyer a good run and not taking him to world cup.

Edited by putrevus
19 minutes ago, Serpico said:

will you also take shastri over trevor baylis, andy flower, mahela jaya etc? what were his coaching qualifications before he became indias coach?

If Mahela is the coach, I would take him over Shastri. I don't think Mahela was available then?  If he was then they have made a mistake.Other two I don't put too much stock .If Mahela is available even today, I would kick Shastri out.

They could not plan the pregnancy? I think they got bored with the COVID isolation and miscalculated. Without the best player in 3 tests, Aussies will stick it to Team India. Actually what is point of playing one test. Just stay home and let another player get the opportunity of a full series. Rohit in tests will be a disaster. Only hope if Pujara finds the same form as in last series and occupy the wicket and everyone else bat around him. Nonetheless, it will be a nice change to watch test cricket at a sane time in the US.

35 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

They could not plan the pregnancy? I think they got bored with the COVID isolation and miscalculated. Without the best player in 3 tests, Aussies will stick it to Team India. Actually what is point of playing one test. Just stay home and let another player get the opportunity of a full series. Rohit in tests will be a disaster. Only hope if Pujara finds the same form as in last series and occupy the wicket and everyone else bat around him. Nonetheless, it will be a nice change to watch test cricket at a sane time in the US.

Pujara is going to be rusty.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:40 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

With kohli not going one thing for sure aussies will sledge like crazy, it was kohli due to whom they didnt sledge a lot a last time but this time they wont hold back 

I think in the absence of Kohli there won't be much sledging. He rubs Aussies the wrong way, with Rahane as skipper there won't be too much heat. Also CA has become PC now, no OTT aggression methinks. 

Lots of people on the forum are completely ruling out India....but it don't think, it's a complete cake-walk for Australia....

India has world class pace bowling attack and test matches are always bowler's game.....

Bumrah is in red hot form....

Shami has always been decent...

Dont under-estimate Siraj.....you have already seen the damage he can do on the green mamba's

If in 2 matches...this combination succeeds ...then it will be a close contest......

Kuldeep could be in bad form but Australians are pretty bad with leg spin....so never know...

Definitely odds are against India but we cannot rule out the possibility of a close contest

On 11/9/2020 at 4:30 PM, Mosher said:

Updates - India’s Tour of Australia

The All-India Senior Selection Committee met on Sunday to pick certain replacements after receiving injury reports and updates from the BCCI Medical Team.

1. Mr Virat Kohli – At the selection committee meeting held on October 26th, 2020, Mr Virat Kohli had informed the BCCI about his plans to return to India after the first Test in Adelaide. The BCCI has granted paternity leave to the Indian captain. He will return after the first Test against Australia in Adelaide.

2. Mr Rohit Sharma - The BCCI Medical Team has been monitoring Rohit Sharma’s fitness and has briefed All-India Senior Selection Committee on the same. In consultation with Mr Sharma, it has been decided to rest him for the ODIs and T20Is in Australia to regain full fitness and he has been included in India’s Test squad for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

3. Mr Sanju Samson - The Selection Committee has added Sanju Samson as an additional wicket-keeper to India’s ODI squad.

4. Mr Ishant Sharma - The senior Indian fast bowler has been undergoing his rehab at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru. Once he fully recovers and gains sufficient match fitness, he will be added to India’s Test squad.

5. Mr Varun Chakravarthy - The spinner has been ruled out of the T20I series owing to a shoulder injury. The selectors have named T Natarajan as a replacement.

6. Mr Wriddhiman Saha - The senior Indian wicket-keeper sustained injuries to both his hamstrings during his side’s IPL game on 3rd November. A call on his availability will be taken later.

7. Mr Kamlesh Nagarkoti - The young fast bowler will not be able to travel to Australia as he is still working with the medical team on his bowling workload management.

The revised squads are as below:

Team India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (vice-captain and wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, T Natarajan.

Team India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (vice-captain & wicket-keeper), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper).

Team India Test squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Mohd. Siraj.

https://www.bcci.tv/articles/2020/news/147420/updates-india-s-tour-of-australia-2020-21?fbclid=IwAR0YxHRRcX9H7Ict_l1ME2S3Z6lIlYCBtgAIoV-4vN6g7CVNgTct5U1b1oY

Christ sake...why Umesh??

Third seamer has to be Saini or Siraj

On 11/12/2020 at 7:25 AM, Audiophile said:

Except he wasn't the best player in our last tour, it was overwhelmingly Pujara! Even in the home tests in India he was dog **** & it took Rahane, as the captain, to pull India over the line at Dharamshala. Kohli influence is so overrated it's not even funny anymore!

Edited by R!TTER
On 11/11/2020 at 9:05 AM, The Realist said:

This series could well be a repeat of the those horror Eng & Aus tours a decade ago 0-4 0-4

A victory for India will be not to lose the series 0-4.

Australia should comfortably win it 3-0. Im sure rain will hit one of these matches.