Shakib Al Hasan receives death threat for inaugurating Kali Puja in Kolkata

Nikola

Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib al Hasan has posted a video on social media, apologizing, after he received death threats for participating in a Kali Puja event in Kolkata on Sunday. 

Soon after the picture of him at the program went viral, a man named Mohsin Talukdar from Talukdarpara area in Shahpur under Sylhet Sadar upazila in Bangladesh went live on Facebook threatening to kill him for hurting religious sentiments. The man could be seen sporting a sharp weapon and issuing threats to Shakib. 

Soon after that video, the cricketer went live on YouTube and issued an apology. He even explained that he did not inaugurate the Kali puja and was only part of the event on another stage and was not part of the puja pandal. 

He added that one of the organisers - Paresh Pal requested him to light a diya and the pictures went viral on social media. 

In his Live, Shakib said, "The second issue I want to speak about is sensitive. I want to start by saying I am a proud Muslim and try to practice religion properly. There will be mistakes and that is part of life. I apologize if I have made a mistake and apologize if I have hurt your sentiment. When I was leaving, Paresh da requested me to light a diya. Media requested me to stand for a picture. I stood for two mins in the pandal. The Kali puja was inaugurated much earlier before I arrived by Firhad Hakim."

Later, Mohsin deleted the Facebook live video and issued another video on the same issue saying he shouldn't have issued any threats. 

However, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on Tuesday arrested Mohsin Talukdar (25) who threatened to kill the batsman a Facebook live video on November 15. A team of Rab-9 arrested Mohsin Talukdar from Ronoshi village in Dakshin Sunamganj upazila today around 11:15 am.

Edited by Nikola

Idol Worshipping is the Biggest sin in Islam , one for which a Muslim will not be forgiven by the All Holy and Merciful Allah. So it explains why Shakib is getting so much hate for being associated with an unholy Pagan Ritual. 

Even their Prophet used to destroy idols of other religions for fun and he is considered the Best Man on the planet. ( lolz )

A small example of Sunnat.

Edited by rageaddict

This is why I like Mushfiqur Rahim even though he isn't popular among most Indians. Remember few years back when he wished Hindus on the occasion of Durga Puja and attached some pics of deities, there was a lot of outrage and many local extremists threatened him, he abused them back in the comments section and told them to get lost, didn't apologize or take down his post. In an Islamic country that takes guts. Respect him for that. 

20 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Idol Worshipping is the Biggest sin in Islam , one for which a Muslim will not be forgiven by the All Holy and Merciful Allah. So it explains why Shakib is getting so much hate for being associated with an unholy Pagan Ritual. 

Even their Prophet used to destroy idols of other religions for fun and he is considered the Best Man on the planet. ( lolz )

A small example of Sunnat.

A hindu in Bahrain went to this store, bought the idols and did a proper visarjan of the idols. 

Most of the FB comments abusing/threatening Shakib are from India.....cyber police better get busy.

Bengal and Assam will meet the same fate as BD, process already started. Demography, demography, demography.......NRC is a must!!!!

300 Hindu families unable to perform Durga puja in Bengal's Kanglapahari village after opposition by 25 Muslim families

In the past three years, they were denied a go-ahead by the local administration following objections by a few Muslim families in the village.

It's been the fourth consecutive year when 300-odd households in a village in West Bengal's Birbhum district are running from pillar to post seeking permission from the district administration just to organise a Durga puja in their village.

In the past three years, they were denied a go-ahead by the local administration following objections by a few Muslim families in the village.

The incident came to light at Kanglapahari village under Nalhati police station in the district, a Hindu-dominated village located near Bengal-Jharkhand border under Rampurhat sub-division.

The organisers knocked the doors of the district administration and submitted their plea to the office of the district magistrate, police superintendent, sub-divisional officer (SDO) and sub-divisional police officer (SDPO) of Rampurhat and Block Development Officer (BDO) of Nalhati-I on September 1. But no response have come so far.

REPEATEDLY DENIED PERMISSION TO PUJA COMMITTEE

All the district administrative machinery repeatedly denied permission to the puja committee, Kanglapahari Durga Mandir Committee, following objections by about 25 Muslim families in the village. In the past three years, the local administration, panchayat and Nalhati police jointly prevented puja organisers from hosting the puja on the grounds of law and order issues.

"I don't know about the matter. I have not received anything as of now. Once I get it, I will definitely consider the matter," Birbhum SP N Sudheer Kumar told Mail Today on phone. The appeal was first submitted to the offices of the DM and SP on September 1 this year, and again followed up on September 23.

"On Friday too, we went to the SP and DM's office to submit our second appeal. But there was no positive development," said Chandan Sau of Kanglapahari Durga Mandir Committee. Sau said that since they have not been able to organise the annual festivity in their village, all women and children have to travel three to eight kilometres to celebrate the occasion in nearby villages.

DURGA IDOLS LIE HALF DONE

"A piece of land has already been donated by a villager, Mohanlal Sau, to construct a mud temple in the village where the puja can be organised peacefully. We don't have to erect any pandal (marquee) as we have put up a mud structure with whatever little amount we could manage. Like the last three years, this year too we started constructing the Durga idol, which is now lying half-done.

DONT WANT TO ANGER MUSLIMS

District officials are not responding as they don't want to antagonise the Muslims," Sau said. When quizzed, Birbhum DM P Mohangandhi tactfully sidestepped the question. He said: "The formal procedure is to submit the appeal to the SDO and he's the person to issue the necessary permission depending on the law and order situation.

" Dhruba Saha, a local resident, who took up the matter with the local administration, said that a petition had also been filed in Calcutta High Court and there is a hearing on Monday. Sources in the district Trinamool Congress said that police and other district officials have already held meetings at all block levels and finalised on the number of pujas that will be held across Birbhum this year. Thus, there is no question of allowing any new puja anywhere in the district.

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Can any Bong here translate what that prick was saying?

I'm pretty sure at the end he said something like I'll cut you into pieces. 

Basically the ways how he was going to kill him, like skinning him, chopping into pieces etc., then parts about how he (Shakib) kept beard earlier, how he used to be a Muslim....that accent and dialect are difficult to follow (Sylheti Bengali?) and audio not very clear, this is what I could make out of his rant. 

Edited by Gollum

Mumtaz Didi will work overtime to get this guy to campaign next year before polls. I mean before 2019 GE, BD actors campaigned for her party Bangladeshi actors campaign for TMC candidates in Bengal, BJP complains to EC and some extremist clerics from BD were allowed to hold Islamic conferences across the state, now take it to the next level. Just compare the 2 Begums, Hasina far far better, far more courageous. 

Edited by Gollum