'Delhi Chalo' movement/farmers protest

speedheat

47 minutes ago, Khota said:

There is no goal post shifting.

A poor farmer works 16 hrs a day and still cannot send his kids to school.

A public sector officer barely works 2 hours a day and has salary and retirement in lakhs.

All this is about inequity in the system where elite few are benefitting.

Try being poor and then you will understand. I come from a very poor background and I feel their pain.

Everybody is poor, don’t generalize PSU workers, my father busted 10-12 hrs, 6 days a week for 38 years working for a bank.

If these policies are against farmers, why are there farmers organizations in support of the reforms and are threatening protests if they are repealed? Read the orf article on APMC that I posted. APMC is a liability on poor farmers and is helping middlemen and rich farmers only. The poor farmer was restricted to sell only in some APMCs, which is removed now. Now. a poor Bihari farmer can sell in APMCs of Punjab and get a better price, which Punjab farmers don’t want. Maintaining selfish monopoly is the reason for these protests.

1 hour ago, donkey said:

If Mandi system will stay why not just continue selling to Mandis as usual. Farmer A selling their crop to a private buyers wouldn't infringe Farmer B's rights. Am I missing something here?

The Mandi and cooperative banks are one of biggest grass root fraud in our system. Incidentally,  They were extensively used by politicians and black money hoarders during last Note ban. Most farmers know that.

4 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Stop watching too much of Godi Media. I know so many farmers who have gone to Delhi. 

stop believing Liberandu media then..

No one is saying real farmers havent gone to Delhi. The farmers who have gone have been lied to and fed false information by groups with vested interests against the reforms. No one is calling ALL farmers Khalistanis, but one can point out to 'certain elements' infiltrating the movement to spread their agenda.

If you cant make this distinction then i truly feel sorry for you.

This is one of the best articles I have read on this issue.  Ram Kaundinya knows his stuff.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/breaking-the-deadlock-over-farm-laws/article33301247.ece

Of the 14 crore farmers in India, the majority (more than 90 per cent) are outside Punjab and Haryana. Farm distress is high in many of those States, especially in the rainfed areas. Reforms that benefit a large section of farmers across the country should be seen in that context. Misunderstandings, misinformation campaigns and politicisation of the issue have muddied the waters. It is essential that the current reforms succeed. However, since there is a deadlock, here is a 13-point programme on how to break it and create a path forward.

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

stop believing Liberandu media then..

No one is saying real farmers havent gone to Delhi. The farmers who have gone have been lied to and fed false information by groups with vested interests against the reforms. No one is calling ALL farmers Khalistanis, but one can point out to 'certain elements' infiltrating the movement to spread their agenda.

If you cant make this distinction then i truly feel sorry for you.

Has this new system worked in Bihar or MP? Where is the proof that it has helped a lot of farmers? 

They are using few people's actions to discredit whole moment. I am not denying there are always wrong people using the platform to spread hate or their agenda, but majority people are just concerned farmers who don't want their situation to turn into Bihar. 

26 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Has this new system worked in Bihar or MP? Where is the proof that it has helped a lot of farmers? 

They are using few people's actions to discredit whole moment. I am not denying there are always wrong people using the platform to spread hate or their agenda, but majority people are just concerned farmers who don't want their situation to turn into Bihar. 

It’s literally only been 2 months.. you don’t have any proof it WONT work in these states. Maybe these reforms are there to uplift farmers in these poor areas who do not receive the luxury of massive state subsidies and MSP given to punjab. Punjabi farmers by far have the highest income in the whole country and this on the back of TAXPAYER funds going to this model. I’d rather have taxpayer funds used in a proptionate way and help all farmers and not just a select few.

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

The way the Laws are made, Mandi system will eventually finish in the future, Govt is clearly saying that it wants to get rid of the middle men.....Here is how farmers think...Mandis are only charging commission on their sale, also Adtiya helps them whenever they need financial help. Big corporations will only have one objective.....going after their land in the future...it's like tighten the noose & make Punjab & Haryana farmers like Bihari farmers who own land in Bihar yet go to work as laborers in Punjab.

Enough of the 'Ashwasan' from the Govt which ( one of the many promises ) had said that black money sitting abroad will be returned back to India & every Indian family will get Rs.15 lacs...What a Sham!!...LOL

Do not want to argue on every hypothetical thing  you said, but farming and Farm lands are biggest liability. Why would a corporation invest a penny in farm land when it knows that it will get several times the return by investing in some other part like processing, packaging and research. Corporations give a damn about farming. Its very very high risk business model with very little return. They want mills factories and industries. And they don’t want to buy from Mandi. They will rather import grains from USA.

Why I say that. No where in world including west where there is no such restrictions, yet, not a single corporation is doing farming. So land grabbing thing is biggest bull ****.

Still not clear, Name one billionaire businessman who is making money by farming.:no:

Edited by mishra

40 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

It’s literally only been 2 months.. you don’t have any proof it WONT work in these states. Maybe these reforms are there to uplift farmers in these poor areas who do not receive the luxury of massive state subsidies and MSP given to punjab. Punjabi farmers by far have the highest income in the whole country and this on the back of TAXPAYER funds going to this model. I’d rather have taxpayer funds used in a proptionate way and help all farmers and not just a select few.

Maybe? I thought they should have some data to prove that it will help so many farmers. Why didn't this model work in Bihar? 

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

Maybe? I thought they should have some data to prove that it will help so many farmers. Why didn't this model work in Bihar? 

There are no APMCs/mandis and MSP IN Bihar. It is a local/state issue. MSP is not levied on all crops now, only some of them, Current laws has a lot of restrictions on where local produce can be sold. The new reforms removes those restrictions. P/H zamindars and middlemen will lose out their monopoly, hence they are funding this protest with foreign NGOs like Khalsa Aid.

Why is Khalsa Aid, a supposedly humanitarian org, looking only after the interests of P Sikh farmers? They are dividing the farmers based on religion. The data is in the details of the bills.

There was no MSP on coffee. Coffee growers in Kar had a coffee board based on the same APMC / mandi principles. Kar reformed it and coffee board is not the only place to sell coffee produce now (been like that since a few years). Now coffee board has competition where private buyers can buy the produce and supply to those who need it.  This system can be applied to all crops including staple crops like paddy and wheat.

There are no APMCs/mandis and MSP IN Bihar. It is a local/state issue. MSP is not levied on all crops now, only some of them, Current laws has a lot of restrictions on where local produce can be sold. The new reforms removes those restrictions. P/H zamindars and middlemen will lose out their monopoly, hence they are funding this protest with foreign NGOs like Khalsa Aid.

Why is Khalsa Aid, a supposedly humanitarian org, looking only after the interests of P Sikh farmers? They are dividing the farmers based on religion. The data is in the details of the bills.

There was no MSP on coffee. Coffee growers in Kar had a coffee board based on the same APMC / mandi principles. Kar reformed it and coffee board is not the only place to sell coffee produce now (been like that since a few years). Now coffee board has competition where private buyers can buy the produce and supply to those who need it.  This system can be applied to all crops including staple crops like paddy and wheat.

You are wasting your time explaining to people that do not want to understand.Government should be ruthless and pass this bill.

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Everybody is poor, don’t generalize PSU workers, my father busted 10-12 hrs, 6 days a week for 38 years working for a bank.

If these policies are against farmers, why are there farmers organizations in support of the reforms and are threatening protests if they are repealed? Read the orf article on APMC that I posted. APMC is a liability on poor farmers and is helping middlemen and rich farmers only. The poor farmer was restricted to sell only in some APMCs, which is removed now. Now. a poor Bihari farmer can sell in APMCs of Punjab and get a better price, which Punjab farmers don’t want. Maintaining selfish monopoly is the reason for these protests.

Your father was an exception not the norm. PSU barely work an hour or two a day if that and get decen pay and retirement.

Fix that drain first.

As far as poor farmer in Bihar is concerned they have implemented these rules and there lifestyle has still not improved.

Only folks who will benefit are the Adanis and Ambanis and no one else.

6 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:
30 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You are wasting your time explaining to people that do not want to understand.Government should be ruthless and pass this bill.

So poor folks should be supressed by a powerful governemnt? What happened to democratic principles?