Favorite Austin Powers film

zen

Austin Powers films  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite?

• International Man of Mystery
    • The Spy Who Shagged Me
    • Goldmember

Recently, rewatched all 3! As for my favorite, I m leaning towards the 2nd one (TSWSM). 

TSWSM has more memorable gags esp. with the “mojo” angle, introduces Mini-Me & Fat Bastard, the lair is nicely done as well, and so on

“Yeah Baby!”

Edited by zen

Big fan of the entire series. Watched all 3 movies multiple times. 

My favorite is the 2nd part.

TBH I had no clue what Austin powers was and I went with an open mind with a friend and saw part 2 in theatre in India.

Loved it so much that then went and revisited part 1.

By part 3 was a fan. If I have to pick part 3 is my least favorite and that is only if I am

compelled to Pick.

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Big fan of the entire series. Watched all 3 movies multiple times. 

My favorite is the 2nd part.

TBH I had no clue what Austin powers was and I went with an open mind with a friend and saw part 2 in theatre in India.

Loved it so much that then went and revisited part 1.

By part 3 was a fan. If I have to pick part 3 is my least favorite and that is only if I am

compelled to Pick.

yeah baby, you were done in by the mojo 

15 hours ago, zen said:

Recently, rewatched all 3! As for my favorite, I m leaning towards the 2nd one (TSWSM). 

TSWSM has more memorable gags esp. with the “mojo” angle, introduces Mini-Me & Fat Bastard, the lair is nicely done as well, and so on

“Yeah Baby!”

why should we make billions when we can make millions

@zen

Not sure who copied whom, but the idea that the protagonist & the antagonist were brothers was probably first shown in Austin powers..

Spectre shows Blofelds father being the guardian of James Bond and both growing as brothers and Austin Powers & Dr.Evil are supposed to be brothers.  

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Was a fan of Mike Myers after Jim Carrey. Liked 1&2, 3 is atrocious especially the Fat Bastard character. Mike overexposed his talent and ran out of gas. Just like Jim carrey.  His last Love Guru brought him crashing down. Most of these comics whizzle out in the end. 

3 has that Dutch Goldmember which is also cringeworthy

2 hours ago, diga said:

@zen

Not sure who copied whom, but the idea that the protagonist & the antagonist were brothers was probably first shown in Austin powers..

Spectre shows Blofelds father being the guardian of James Bond and both growing as brothers and Austin Powers & Dr.Evil are supposed to be brothers.  

Yeah, which makes SP appear even more dumb.  SP and DAD are my least favorite 007 films “relatively speaking” (though do like certain segments in them and can enjoy these two when in mood for such films) 

Edited by zen

Some of the gems , I remember,

- AP making a k-turn in a narrow alley

- Dr. Evil getting startled by a woman (turns out the mother of his kid) shouting out orders

- Dr. Evil asking ransom of one hundred million dollars and all laughing 

- Dr. Evil finding No. 2 funny

- Dr. Evil and his teen son arguing , shush

Some of the gems , I remember,

- AP making a k-turn in a narrow alley
- Dr. Evil getting startled by a woman (turns out the mother of his kid) shouting out orders
- Dr. Evil asking ransom of one hundred million dollars and all laughing 
- Dr. Evil finding No. 2 funny
- Dr. Evil and his teen son arguing , shush

Dr. Evil's son calling out the unnecessarily elaborate plan to kill AP when he could pop a bullet right then and there.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk