Workers go on rampage in a IPhone factory in Karnataka

coffee_rules

Workers go on rampage in IPhone factory in Karnataka

438 cr loss 

PS

@Vilander  dug up dirt on Karnataka, now :lol:

Jokes apart, this is world news now, heard it on NPR. Truly shameful  it seems it happened at 630 am on Sat. Coordinated. But more details are awaited, will impact FDI, already we are under recession due to Covid. 

Edited by coffee_rules

coffee jokes apart. This is truely shameful, scary at the same time. Law and order is always a problem in this area. Workers were probably exploited like before. Look at it this way this is a firm that supplies for apple further down i am sure there are some powerful sub contractor employment agencies involved in some scam. This looks criminal not some worker upraising as it is being made out in MSM.

chinese , japanese and korean work culture wont work in india ..

in my experience , Korean employees will sell their soul and loyalty  to Samsung management in return for job safety .. 

but  Samsung management will expect samething from indians without proving the job safety .. 

i am against commies , but here my guess is most probably the management at fault  :om: 

Same old story.  

Workers are exploited. 

Management doesn't care enough at first.  Or are under pressure from upper management to produce.  Or both. 

Politicians sense an opportunity to control workers' group and extort management.  They swoop in.

Some sensible people on both sides try to start negotiations. 

Politicians intervene and stir up distrust and prevent negotiations. 

Anger rises. 

Boom.  

My dad was a CEO (called MD in those days) at a medium scale manufacturing company.  He was a down-to-earth workers' man, had a lot of goodwill on the floor, and managed to nip most of these unrests in the bud.  But one time, he was unable to, because some local politician prevented negotiation.  The trust he had built over 15 years eroded in a week.  It took months to get things back to normal.  That's when I decided I am never doing this corporate $hyte.  

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Workers go on rampage in IPhone factory in Karnataka

438 cr loss 

PS

@Vilander  dug up dirt on Karnataka, now :lol:

Jokes apart, this is world news now, heard it on NPR. Truly shameful  it seems it happened at 630 am on Sat. Coordinated. But more details are awaited, will impact FDI, already we are under recession due to Covid. 

Please don't let it happen in the vaccine manufacturing plants when that ramps up.  

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

My dad was a CEO (called MD in those days) at a medium scale manufacturing company.  He was a down-to-earth workers' man, had a lot of goodwill on the floor, and managed to nip most of these unrests in the bud.  But one time, he was unable to, because some local politician prevented negotiation.  The trust he had built over 15 years eroded in a week.  It took months to get things back to normal.  That's when I decided I am never doing this corporate $hyte

Sad story man.. many such I have seen from people that I know. All too true for India. 

15 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Wistron is a Taiwanese company , to boot with

Should we support the Chinese labor model?  I have no idea how good or bad it is on the ground, but my impression is that workers' rights are non-existent and even legitimate dissent is dealt with in draconian fashion.  Do we want Indian labor to be treated the same?  

This is not a pro- or anti- anything post.  It is apolitical.  I always wonder about the right balance between giving workers what they deserve while at the same time hold them accountable to deliver high standards.

10 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Should we support the Chinese labor model?  I have no idea how good or bad it is on the ground, but my impression is that workers' rights are non-existent and even legitimate dissent is dealt with in draconian fashion.  Do we want Indian labor to be treated the same?  

This is not a pro- or anti- anything post.  It is apolitical.  I always wonder about the right balance between giving workers what they deserve while at the same time hold them accountable to deliver high standards.

It's a no-brainer, obviously none want the chinese model, but the possibility of them funding the protests, with some many commies here in India to disrupt BJP at the cost of the nation is not impossible to imagine. Starting from CAA, 370, Farmers strikes, Shaheen Bagh, it is very easy to fund it, low cost, high Impact. In this case, it hurts us economically as well.

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It's a no-brainer, obviously none want the chinese model, but the possibility of them funding the protests, with some many commies here in India to disrupt BJP at the cost of the nation is not impossible to imagine. Starting from CAA, 370, Farmers strikes, Shaheen Bagh, it is very easy to fund it, low cost, high Impact. In this case, it hurts us economically as well.

Not to go all commie on you, but in my current view, the Chinese labor model is a low cost, high impact exploitation system for multinationals.  Where is the balance?  More importantly, how do we address legitimate worker demands while disempowering the disruptive forces at the same time?   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Need to investigate this identify the money trail. Its all too convenient. Lol shallow like most ccp propaganda.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

you never worked with Chinese or koreans  i think ..  i believe company is at fault here