Prabhsimran Singh is a Birght Prospect

vaul

He is highest run scorer in SMAT so far.With 21 sixes he has hit most in series.Today in QF on a pitch when opposition could not get single six,he hit 3.My analysis of his game is as following:

1. Early to pick line and length;Like Gill he picks line and length early giving him more time to react.

2.Plays lofted shots close/parallel to body;Like Devilliers he has "very flexible bat swing" to play lofted shots very late which is UNIQUE  skill - hardly found in Indian batsmen.Eg Pant tries to get under ball far from body which makes him prone to getting out when there is extra pace/bounce or uneven pace,or lateral movement/spin.

3. Exceptionally quick bat speed leading him get desired timing,power and elevation.

4. Equally good on both front and back foot.

Considering his sharp reflexes and quick bat speed with very flexible bat swing,he is brightest batting prospect after Gill.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Seems like he is primarily a front foot player.

And tries to slog too much.

Needs a lot of improvement.

Want to see how he tackles high pace too.

He is so young ... so lots of time to improve and get better.

Today 2 out of 3 sixes were  pull shots with clear transfer of weight on back foot.His first 4 was also late upper cut with him being deep in crease.Overall in the innings,I think he scored 60 -70 % runs on backfoot as most balls were in slightly shorter length region.

T20 is about taking calculative risks,but by no means he slogs as he can play all proper cricket shots.Rather his exceptional ability to play lofted shots cleanly gives him edge over others.

Yes he is very young and will be tested in IPL.Point of starting the thread was that my observation about him being very quick to react with exceptional bat speed and elevation/power he generates makes him player to look out for.

2 minutes ago, vaul said:

Today 2 out of 3 sixes were  pull shots with clear transfer of weight on back foot.His first 4 was also late upper cut with him being deep in crease.Overall in the innings,I think he scored 60 -70 % runs on backfoot as most balls were in slightly shorter length region.

T20 is about taking calculative risks,but by no means he slogs as he can play all proper cricket shots.Rather his exceptional ability to play lofted shots cleanly gives him edge over others.

Yes he is very young and will be tested in IPL.Point of starting the thread was that my observation about him being very quick to react with exceptional bat speed and elevation/power he generates makes him player to look out for.

It is very natural for new players to have issues.

One does not get finished products at age 20.

I was outlining the areas that I feel needs work.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Seems like he is primarily a front foot player.

And tries to slog too much.

Needs a lot of improvement.

Want to see how he tackles high pace too.

He is so young ... so lots of time to improve and get better.

Another Manan Vohra

9 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

His cousin Anmolpreet Singh is also a good player.

He is more experienced in first class cricket.

Yeah if all goes to plan Anmolpreet should play in Indian middle order in next 6/7 years. Really good technique and temperament .. have watched his innings in youtube and would request all to go and see. 

On 1/27/2021 at 4:52 AM, neel roy said:

Yeah if all goes to plan Anmolpreet should play in Indian middle order in next 6/7 years. Really good technique and temperament .. have watched his innings in youtube and would request all to go and see. 

Yep. Amolpreet is a stud. Very young too. 

He needs to be drafted in soon. Future Rahane replacement. 

Those who say Prabhsimran is like Jadhav are same kind of guys who were once saying Shaw is like next big thing and should be promoted ahead of Gill.I had said years back that Gill can play ball very late even later than Smith.Now my prediction is that Prabhsimran is best top order batting prospect after Gill -they will realise that too one day.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:22 AM, neel roy said:

The good thing is that he is with Mumbai Indians means he will be nurtured well. 

17 hours ago, vaul said:

Those who say Prabhsimran is like Jadhav are same kind of guys who were once saying Shaw is like next big thing and should be promoted ahead of Gill.I had said years back that Gill can play ball very late even later than Smith.Now my prediction is that Prabhsimran is best top order batting prospect after Gill -they will realise that too one day.

Incoming deliveries is again an issue for him exactly like Shaw. Plays away from the body. The thing which saves him on flat tracks is his quick whippy hands and thats what makes people think he is a Jadhav clone. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Incoming deliveries is again an issue for him exactly like Shaw. Plays away from the body. The thing which saves him on flat tracks is his quick whippy hands and thats what makes people think he is a Jadhav clone. 

He has "more time" than Shaw to play shots i.e. picks line and length earlier.More time also means he can wait for ball bit longer and has ability to play ball late when it is close/parallel to body.I have not seen a single ball in QF and SF where he played far away from body,neither he has issue against incoming deliveries.

Take a look at Sheth over where some of incoming deliveries he played so late that ball was almost parallel to back leg.Four through point region off Meriwala's length delivery just around off stump is another example how close to body he can actually play - ball was hit when almost parallel to back leg.His ability to play very close to body is due to the fact he has sharpest of reflexes after Gill i.e. has "more time" to react.