Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Spreading misinformation like your masters. That is only 0.7% of population. 87% have less than 4 hecctare. Quit spreading misinformation.

And not even them 0.7% are protesting. BTW what I posted is from scroll which itself is anti BJP to core. Its just that when they published it, they wanted to implement policy of liberalization in farm sector

52 minutes ago, mishra said:

And not even them 0.7% are protesting. BTW what I posted is from scroll which itself is anti BJP to core. Its just that when they published it, they wanted to implement policy of liberalization in farm sector

MR rakesh Tikait, great fam leader has declared 4 crore+ assets. Apparently he also own many petrol bunks. So much for poor farm leader. 

https://myneta.info/ls2014/candidate.php?candidate_id=3035

Edited by urbestfriend

6 hours ago, Khota said:

No. I am not welcome on that forum.

My solution is very clear. They have the sequence of events wrong. Farming is on the decline everywhere and no laws can save it. They need to industrialize the country so farmers can transition to better jobs. Meanwhile leave them alone and pass a law gauranteeing that farmers are not exploited.

What do you think is exploitation? You want a good price even when product does not create proportional value to society and market?  

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

What do you think is exploitation? You want a good price even when product does not create proportional value to society and market?  

Exploitation is them not getting MSP.

If the proportional value yardstick is to be used then let us dismantle entire PSU, DRDO etc.

4 hours ago, mishra said:

If not enough people are protetsing then they need to be ignored.

3 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

MR rakesh Tikait, great fam leader has declared 4 crore+ assets. Apparently he also own many petrol bunks. So much for poor farm leader. 

https://myneta.info/ls2014/candidate.php?candidate_id=3035

Look at his remarks on Hindus and they say it is not communal. All these people make it a religious issue and when we see Khalistani flagsm lo bhai, sab communal hain.. Listen to his distribe and see why he is popular among Sikhs and Jaats. Idiot doesn't know Pandat is controlled by govt and virtues. They don't support gundagardi and farebi

Edited by coffee_rules

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Look at his remarks on Hindus and they say it is not communal. All these people make it a religious issue and when we see Khalistani flagsm lo bhai, sab communal hain.. Listen to his distribe and see why he is popular among Sikhs and Jaats. Idiot doesn't know Pandat is controlled by govt and virtues. They don't support gundagardi and farebi

This is way out of the line. Such things should have been avoided, by the leaders who are protesting and all the people who are participating. 

Well, I guess they have already made choices so its to late for such expectation.

19 hours ago, Khota said:

No. I am not welcome on that forum.

My solution is very clear. They have the sequence of events wrong. Farming is on the decline everywhere and no laws can save it. They need to industrialize the country so farmers can transition to better jobs. Meanwhile leave them alone and pass a law gauranteeing that farmers are not exploited.

So who grows crops for food? Should people grow their own according to you? 

12 hours ago, Khota said:

Exploitation is them not getting MSP.

If the proportional value yardstick is to be used then let us dismantle entire PSU, DRDO etc.

Do you get a guaranteed salary for your job in perpetuity? Is it exploitation if you don't? 

Do you understand why a guaranteed MSP is a bad thing? 

Does anyone supporting universal MSP think we should continue to be 57% agrarian society forever ? How many middle income economies have done this sort of thing in the past or present, never mind high income ones.

We always have land acquisition challenges, there's no way there will be transition to industry if farmers have guaranteed income. If they don't trust industry at all, they sure as hell will not budge later with more guarantees in hand on agri.

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

So you agree that MSP is a hyped up value for farm produce? 

Not hyped up but close to fair value. It is a complex formula which takes inputs into account and gets a final value. What farmers recieve is never close to MSP. They are exploited.

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

And wants other employees(Tax Payers) to compensate  for his low value work.  

You have a problem. If his work is considered low value then you and I are two different human beings. 

Anyone who works should be respected. To me someone working in PSU and collecting wages even with a Ph.D from IIT and producing nothing is truly a low value work.