For those in the US, how are you watching the Ind-Eng series?

HouMac

4 minutes ago, HouMac said:

Can you stream the match on hotstar even after the day is over with or can you only watch it live?

no idea. Last time I watched Hotstar was during IPL and from what I remember they had highlights. Not sure of replay like Willow though 

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Hotstar India uploads ball by ball replay of the day's play. I guess it's the same for US viewers too.

No it doesnt. 

Until match is being played, you can scroll back to watch reply but once the game is over, stream stops so you cannot watch anymore. They provide 6 min or 14-16min highlights within hour of the game. Highlights are available for replay but the game is gone soon after it is over. I have not had luck with watching full game later. That used to be the case like 2-3 years ago. not any more.

So for viewers in US, they will miss most of the game. US west coast can watch 5-6 hours of game if they stay up a bit (2am), like right until tea. On the east coast though, you can only watch until Lunch before it is 1am. 

Just now, dial_100 said:

No it doesnt. 

Until match is being played, you can scroll back to watch reply but once the game is over, stream stops so you cannot watch anymore. They provide 6 min or 14-16min highlights within hour of the game. Highlights are available for replay but the game is gone soon after it is over. I have not had luck with watching full game later. That used to be the case like 2-3 years ago. not any more.

So for viewers in US, they will miss most of the game. US west coast can watch 5-6 hours of game if they stay up a bit (2am), like right until tea. On the east coast though, you can only watch until Lunch before it is 1am. 

As long as there are highlights ...

2 hours ago, dial_100 said:

No it doesnt. 

That's a huge downer. I live on the east coast so the match itself starts at 10 pm here. With no replay, don't even see the point of paying $50 bucks for hotstar just to watch a few highlights. 

30 minutes ago, HouMac said:

That's a huge downer. I live on the east coast so the match itself starts at 10 pm here. With no replay, don't even see the point of paying $50 bucks for hotstar just to watch a few highlights. 

Dang. I am dumb. I totally forgot to upgrade to annual membership. Hotstar was milking $10 a month from me for god knows how long. 

Changed to Yearly. I only paid $43:phehe:

Yes east coast wont get to watch more than 1 session of play. See if it allows you to download on phone app. It does allow to download programs.

I am planning to watch 2 sessions tonight.

5 hours ago, dial_100 said:

No it doesnt. 

Until match is being played, you can scroll back to watch reply but once the game is over, stream stops so you cannot watch anymore.

Hmmmm I just subscribed to the app and do notice that they have full replays of quite a few matches. 

Any particular reason why they won't do that for this Test series?

www.sportsway.net/football012.html

Trick is you have to cycle through the last three numbers sometimes.  I've found the cricket on .../football009.html and .../football011.html as well.  Won't know which one (if any) work until match starts.  Oh and you better have a great Ad blocker and anti-virus up to date else your computer will contract the COVID-AIDS.