Pappu seems like a good guy

maniac

3 hours ago, someone said:

There was a "Pappu can't dance". But this Pappu can't talk nor articulate. His poor body languages gives it all away, lacks the basic conviction as well.

Padha likha hota to Shoonyata par teer nahin maarta. Again, fault of the media to prop him up as a viable opposition to BJP. 

Hello Sahib, you are rich and powerful, why won't you criticize my competitors who thrash me royally on a regular basis :((

Rahul Baba even admits he can't compete:yield:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/us-silent-about-what-is-happening-in-india-rahul-gandhi-on-democracy-2405192?pfrom=home-ndtv_topstories

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday said that the United States has been silent on "what is happening in India". He said this while speaking about the vision of democracies in the world.

Mr Gandhi went on to say that "I fundamentally believe that America is a profound idea, the idea of freedom the way it is encapsulated in your constitution...But you have to defend that idea."

Rahul Gandhi said this during an online discussion with former US Ambassador Nicholas Burns, now a professor with the country's Harvard Kennedy School. Mr Gandhi said, "I don't hear anything from the US establishment on what is going on here in India." He said this while Mr Burns was speaking about the ideas of democracy against the "harsh vision being offered by China and Russia".

Interjecting Mr Burns, Rahul Gandhi said, "I don't hear anything from the US establishment about what is happening here in India. If you are saying 'partnership of democracies', what is your view on what is going on here? I fundamentally believe that America is a profound idea, the idea of freedom, the way it is encapsulated in your constitution,  it's a very powerful idea. But you have to defend that idea. And that is the real question."

During the discussion Mr Gandhi also alleged that a "wholesale capture" of India's institutional framework by the ruling dispensation has changed the paradigm in which opposition parties operate post-2014 as the institutions that are supposed to support a fair political fight do not do so anymore.

"To fight elections, I need institutional structures, I need a judicial system that protects me, I need a media that is reasonably free, I need financial parity, I need a set of institutional structures that allow me to operate as a political party. I do not have them," Mr Gandhi said.

Rahul Gandhi claimed that the manner in which the BJP is behaving, a lot of people are getting discontented very fast and there is a need to bring these people together.

Edited by Clarke

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I need financial parity, I need a set of institutional structures that allow me to operate as a political party. I do not have them," Mr Gandhi said.

Corporate funding in politics is a ruthless beast - it always flocks to the winning side.  I have not delved deeply into the "electoral bonds" yet, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which political party to 'donate' to, if you are a business in India.  Aint nobody going to bet on Rahul, and that's the real problem.  

Shrieking about "institutions" is lip service, Congress party behaves exactly the same way the BJP does with few minor updates depending on the era in which the party is in position to exercise its power -  India has a serious problem with governmental over-reach and authority being misused for political purposes - and this problem is an unavoidable symptom of having a "strong" government.    

All parties complain about it when in "opposition" and gleefully abuse power once they get it.  

Rahul is leading a 100 year old party into oblivion, and instead of accountability for his sheer incompetence, he's out here whining.  Typical. 

Why doesn't India have PMQs like they have in Britain? Where the PM has to be kept on the ball and the opposition leader can challenge him on the issues of the day and audition hismelf. I was watching these vids the other day

Edited by sage

Just now, rkt.india said:

That's profound. Mere humans can't understand it.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:24 PM, coffee_rules said:

How does this guy still hang out in the public arena?  How do people, esp Cong leadership, not see through it?  Most importantly, where is the self-awareness?  Does he not know his limitations?  Doh shabd accent se bol liya toh itnaa ghamanD?   

I honestly believe that he himself hates doing this.  I'll bet he stays up nights dreaming about a normal life - working in a simple 9-5 job, travelling, partying with friends - and yet here he is - being forced to keep up his "family" legacy.  Khaandaani BS - self-torture.  Not to mention immeasurable harm to the nation. 

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

How does this guy still hang out in the public arena?  How do people, esp Cong leadership, not see through it?  Most importantly, where is the self-awareness?  Does he not know his limitations?  Doh shabd accent se bol liya toh itnaa ghamanD?   

How's interviewer keeping a straight face?

12 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I honestly believe that he himself hates doing this.  I'll bet he stays up nights dreaming about a normal life - working in a simple 9-5 job, travelling, partying with friends - and yet here he is - being forced to keep up his "family" legacy.  Khaandaani BS - self-torture.  Not to mention immeasurable harm to the nation. 

Where do people get such logic? Clearly, this guy enjoys power. He hasnt given up  his Congress head role, neither worked upon himself despite countless losses.

He wants power without accountability. And now instead of fighting elections, debating policies, he now wants foreign intervention. He only has contempt for the country and its people. 

9 hours ago, someone said:

Where do people get such logic? Clearly, this guy enjoys power. He hasnt given up  his Congress head role, neither worked upon himself despite countless losses.

He wants power without accountability. And now instead of fighting elections, debating policies, he now wants foreign intervention. He only has contempt for the country and its people. 

It's not logic.  It's a belief based on conjecture.  Just like yours.  Only RaGa knows exactly what is going on in his  mind. 

12 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

It's not logic.  It's a belief based on conjecture.  Just like yours.  Only RaGa knows exactly what is going on in his  mind. 

Congress is married to N-G family eternally. There is no space for any other leader to grow. After RaGa, Mrs NoseLikeIndiraJi Priyanka will be tried out. Then the Vadra kids. Badra might get bumped off to show a white saree clad widow asking for votes. There is no scope for merit in there.

Hence you see people like Pawar and NCP, TMC branching out of INC. also people like Scindia, Biswas Sarma joining BJP

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Congress is married to N-G family eternally.

One of the most unfortunate things in Indian politics.  Blind loyalty to individuals/families with no room to criticize anyone, a feudal outlook, and extreme belief in fiefdom and dynastic ownership/inheritance of the state.  It's the same crap with NTR/Bala, DG/HDK, the multiple Yadav and sons clans, MK/MKS, Thackeray and Thackeray, etc. 

Speaking of people like Sharad Pawar and Scindias, they are doing the same crap on a smaller scale, no?  Ajit Pawar (nephew) inherited Baramati and owns it.  MDS' son JS inherited Gwalior.  Sab kameenay hain.

In some ways, I can see the same shyte waiting to happen with Don, Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Jared and their kids/grandkids.   

7 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

One of the most unfortunate things in Indian politics.  Blind loyalty to individuals/families with no room to criticize anyone, a feudal outlook, and extreme belief in fiefdom and dynastic ownership/inheritance of the state.  It's the same crap with NTR/Bala, DG/HDK, the multiple Yadav and sons clans, MK/MKS, Thackeray and Thackeray, etc. 

Speaking of people like Sharad Pawar and Scindias, they are doing the same crap on a smaller scale, no?  Ajit Pawar (nephew) inherited Baramati and owns it.  MDS' son JS inherited Gwalior.  Sab kameenay hain.

In some ways, I can see the same shyte waiting to happen with Don, Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Jared and their kids/grandkids.   

Off topic. But maybe history will be kinder to Jared. What he achieved in Middle East is nothing short of incredible. 

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Off topic. But maybe history will be kinder to Jared. What he achieved in Middle East is nothing short of incredible. 

Sorry, this is funny, a guy who couldn’t resolve  an issue is his own building’s RWA would be laughed at to have solved a major ME conundrum.