Pappu seems like a good guy

maniac

No jokes, just saw this video. while it’s all arranged and PR gimmick, you can spot fakeness. Politicians are masters at it but Rahul Gandhi is the last guy you would think can pull of that 2-face politician trick. May be he has figured it out.

Too short of a video to judge and doesn’t mean he is fit to run the country by any means  but on a personal note seems to be an alright bloke.

9 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Tokenism and optics..nothing more

I hope south indians done get fooled by this kind of stuff...

C’mon even Hindu Hriday samrat’s kin have fallen for it, you are talking about wimpy southies, they might fall for this fakery like they have been all these years.

C’mon even Hindu Hriday samrat’s kin have fallen for it, you are talking about wimpy southies, they might fall for this fakery like they have been all these years.

If you are referring to Sena,everyone knows that the mandate was for bjp and sena decided to fool the public.it will lose the next time.

Maharashtra is the only state that had two right wing parties that contested unlike any other state.Now that Sena has become " secular", they will get their comeuppance.

As far as Rahul goes, he seems to have taken a special liking for the south indians after his comments about how they are more knowledgeable in matters of politics.So you have atleast one fan in him.Aapko Rahul gandhi mubarak ho!!!

Biryani khilao ullu banao!

5 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

If you are referring to Sena,everyone knows that the mandate was for bjp and sena decided to fool the public.it will lose the next time.

Maharashtra is the only state that had two right wing parties that contested unlike any other state.Now that Sena has become " secular", they will get their comeuppance.

As far as Rahul goes, he seems to have taken a special liking for the south indians after his comments about how they are more knowledgeable in matters of politics.So you have atleast one fan in him.Aapko Rahul gandhi mubarak ho!!!

Biryani khilao ullu banao!

This is what happen if you focus on Math and Science in school to become an Engineer and skip geography/civics/history etc.

Trivia: What state is this video from?

How is congress doing there?

How many states are in South?

Do they speak the same language & have the same culture?

I am glad Sena has been exposed for the frauds they are. What right wing, they were never one. Right wing (Indian context) means one nation under one umbrella. Beating up South Indians then shifting to Muslims for a while then moving to Biharis/UP folk of their own country doesn’t qualify as right wing in my book.

South Indians are doing just fine. Yes we have a caste based issue and there is plenty thing that is wrong but your criticism seem to come from a place of inferiority.

Take out Mumbai, what else does Maharashtra offer anyway? Even Mumbai is built by industrious Mallus,Tamilians, labor force from Andhra/Telangana and Punjabi focused Bollywood or Gujarati industrialists.

So not sure what this bravado is about.

Anyways I know my credentials when it comes to my ideology, I am not so insecure that I will think people will take me for a “liberal” (modern day context not Actual context as  I consider myself one) by genuinely complimenting someone who doesn’t stand for my belief system.

This is what happen if you focus on Math and Science in school to become an Engineer and skip geography/civics/history etc.

I am glad Sena has been exposed for the frauds they are. What right wing, they were never one. Right wing (Indian context) means one nation under one umbrella. Beating up South Indians then shifting to Muslims for a while then moving to Biharis/UP folk of their own country doesn’t qualify as right wing in my book.

South Indians are doing just fine. Yes we have a caste based issue and there is plenty thing that is wrong but your criticism seem to come from a place of inferiority.

Take out Mumbai, what else does Maharashtra offer anyway? Even Mumbai is built by industrious Mallus,Tamilians, labor force from Andhra/Telangana and Punjabi focused Bollywood or Gujarati industrialists.

Anyways I know my credentials when it comes to my ideology, I am not so insecure that I will think people will take me for a “liberal” (modern day context not Actual context as  I consider myself one) by genuinely complimenting someone who doesn’t stand for my belief system.

No bravado whatsoever.Anyways, looks like my comments hurt you.I am sorry.

7 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:
7 hours ago, maniac said:

you need to shut the * up about south indians. 

@maniac He seems to be a decent guy. Its his mother that seems a bit cold and probably is. Everyone knows its a PR effort. He is making the most out of the situation that BJP has failed to make any impact. Infact considering recent developments, BJP is almost disliked here. It doesn't make Raga a great leader however. That remains to be seen or not seen :laugh:

Unlike how some mumbai cars think, the south is better when it comes to knowledge about politics. I said better in a comparative sense. I'm not pretending the south is comparable to scandinavian countries. Atleast they make sure they get something in return for their votes rather than just jumla in states like Bihar, UP etc.

10 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:
10 hours ago, maniac said:

I would go with disappointed. You don’t need to apologize to me, may be to your teacher in geography class.

Edited by maniac

Good guy at heart or good actor ?

This is politics 101, every politician around the world does this connecting with the masses exercise. RG has been doing it for a long time as well, maybe there wasn't a popular youtube channel that they harnessed previously.

From 2009: http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/in-up-village-miliband-rahul-gandhi-spend-a-night-in-a-dalit-woman-s-hut/411395/

12 minutes ago, Clarke said:

This is politics 101, every politician around the world does this connecting with the masses exercise. RG has been doing it for a long time as well, maybe there wasn't a popular youtube channel that they harnessed previously.

From 2009: http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/in-up-village-miliband-rahul-gandhi-spend-a-night-in-a-dalit-woman-s-hut/411395/

Most great politicians are tremendous  actors. You need some intelligence to even act.

I never thought Rahul Gandhi was neither one of those: good politician, actor or intelligent.

Just felt he looks genuine in that video. May be  he has finally  learnt acting/ putting on a face. I think he finally got it. By 65-70 he should be ready.

I would say he « seems » like a decent guy. But it’s foolhardy to fall for these gimmicks to come to that conclusion. 

For me, I feel sorry for the guy more than anything. But I think most people who have naive innocent streak and who don’t seem to pose a threat, seem like nice people. One look at the history of this family and man himself suggests otherwise. However, I will say that in his own simplistic way he has a sense of moral compass. 

Who's next in line ? Vadra jr adopting the Gandhi surname ?

Gotta admit there's no active dynasty lovers these days on this site, just some MSP tribals. So much intolerance under Modi sarkar, yet another destroyed institution :hitler:

Edited by Clarke

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

It's the people's fault.  We look for the wrong things in leaders.   We want our leaders to be "relatable."  In the US, George Bush in 2000 and 2004 was advertised as someone you could have a beer with.  I know dozens of guys with whom I would like to have a beer, but I would want none of them to govern the nation.

I don't think anyone would've wanted to hang out with ABV or PVNR.  But they were good PMs!

39 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I would say he « seems » like a decent guy. But it’s foolhardy to fall for these gimmicks to come to that conclusion. 

For me, I feel sorry for the guy more than anything. But I think most people who have naive innocent streak and who don’t seem to pose a threat, seem like nice people. One look at the history of this family and man himself suggests otherwise. However, I will say that in his own simplistic way he has a sense of moral compass. 

He was thrust into the spotlight.  He has no credentials, no knowledge, but most of all, he doesn't seem to have any desire to do this.  It was the same thing when Indira Gandhi was killed and Rajiv was pushed into this role.  He just seemed like he was happy flying planes and eating canolis.  Next thing he knew, he was asked to make "Hamay dekhna hai" speeches to 800 million people.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

Pappu in reality is described as a “family man “ in top quarters of Congress leadership. Thats only quality they can think of. They themselves know that he isn’t good enough to hold any position. Why do you think MMS was choosen by Soniaji. If it was anyone else other than MMS, he would have finished Pappu even before Modi came

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Pappu in reality is described as a “family man “ in top quarters of Congress leadership. Thats only quality they can think of. They themselves know that he isn’t good enough to hold any position. Why do you think MMS was choosen by Soniaji. If it was anyone else other than MMS, he would have finished Pappu even before Modi came

I still don't understand how Sonia Gandhi amassed so much power.  Up until Rajiv, I get it.  But her and her kids?  Mind-boggling.