Virat Kohli - finished as a batsman?

R!TTER

4 hours ago, raki05 said:

I knew he can't win important matches with his bat but the most worrying thing is he doesn't even win the toss in crucial ones, that's what i am most worried about. Lately he is been poor in everything.

Do you remember t20 world cups, ct 13 and match winning performances in numerous tests or did they just slip out of your mind. 

This is the Idiotic route that people like you take when criticising a master batsman. 

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Do you remember t20 world cups, ct 13 and match winning performances in numerous tests or did they just slip out of your mind. 

This is the Idiotic route that people like you take when criticising a master batsman. 

With all due respect, you are citing performances from 2013 to support your arguement?

He is a rubbish bat now. I'd much rather have a 40+ yr old Dhoni in his stead. As a captain. Even Dhoni can score a 0 and definitely manage his team mates better. And no dressing room drama.

Definitely an upside over what we have now.

5 hours ago, mishra said:

Both palyed under different skippers. Lets not blame them for  Kohlis action. None gave away trophies for ego, none went on vacation. Aren’t other players in team who have wives and kids and family and personal life.

Beta go and educate yourselves, Ganguly took leaves quite a few times in his career. Start following cricket. 

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

With all due respect, you are citing performances from 2013 to support your arguement?

He is a rubbish bat now. I'd much rather have a 40+ yr old Dhoni in his stead. As a captain. Even Dhoni can score a 0 and definitely manage his team mates better. And no dressing room drama.

First of all Dhoni is India's worst ever test captain, so no he can't manage his team mates better. 

Secondly, rubbish bat? Really, is this the first time you have seen a master batsman going through a bad patch of form. 

He was our highest scorer in the t20 series in Australia in 2020 same goes for odi series vs aus in 2020 january which we won 2-1 and he received man of the series award. 

I will argue that even his bad patch is way better when you compare it to others like Sachin, Dravid. 

Actually i am damn sure he will be scoring runs in a matter of few months, you have dismissed him quite easily. 

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Correct.

There is a guy that averages over 50 in Test match cricket in India and in his last innings scored 70+ runs, it doesnt mean Tendulkar should still be in the team.

Kohli is finished. Its just a matter of when the BCCI dump him. He may score the odd 100 here and there, but in terms of relying on him to be a regular contributor are over.

Its damning that if I needed a century to save my life, I would rather Pant be the batsman a player that Kohli wouldnt play in the Adelaide Test, than Kohli himself, the captain.

His fall has been awfully bad for Indian cricket.

14 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Beta go and educate yourselves, Ganguly took leaves quite a few times in his career. Start following cricket. 

The Indian cricket team played better as a unit, without Kohli than with him.  Kohli going back to India after Adelaide, was the best thing to ever happen to Indian cricket.

I saw from close hand, 3 tests played in Australia. Two of which I attended. You could visibly see how close and how equally they treated each other.

2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Correct.

There is a guy that averages over 50 in Test match cricket in India and in his last innings scored 70+ runs, it doesnt mean Tendulkar should still be in the team.

Kohli is finished. Its just a matter of when the BCCI dump him. He may score the odd 100 here and there, but in terms of relying on him to be a regular contributor are over.

Its damning that if I needed a century to save my life, I would rather Pant be the batsman a player that Kohli wouldnt play in the Adelaide Test, than Kohli himself, the captain.

His fall has been awfully bad for Indian cricket.

Bro, things like these happen quite a few times, i remember atleast three to four patches in Sachins' career where he wasn't able to buy a run. 

Virat is not finished, not a chance. 

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Personally I am not that fussed about Kohli the captain....its his batting that I am worried about. Yes his captaincy sucks but as long as his bat does the talking it is acceptable. Mind you he didnt had a great 2019 WC either based on the standards he usually sets...so his bad form is brewing up for long time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For me the way he handles the reviews, the way he swings changes with the bowling or rather lack of it, the selection of the team, it all shows to me that he is at sea.

His reviews feels like absolute gambles, rather than educated guesses.

Dhoni really did mask his captaincy ability in ODI.

2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

The Indian cricket team played better as a unit, without Kohli than with him.  Kohli going back to India after Adelaide, was the best thing to ever happen to Indian cricket.

I saw from close hand, 3 tests played in Australia. Two of which I attended. You could visibly see how close and how equally they treated each other.

Made up hooplah. 

We won a series in australia in 2018 too and before you remind me that Warner and Smith were absent, its our bowler who stopped them and they would have done the same under Kohli if we go by their record under kohli as captain. 

So again it's just made up, intangible.... 

Bro, things like these happen quite a few times, i remember atleast three to four patches in Sachins' career where he wasn't able to buy a run. 

Virat is not finished, not a chance. 

True, very true.

Even as a SRT fan, he played 2-3 years too long, his 100 centuries was his undoing.

The difference with SRT though, was that he was a great player for a much longer time span than Kohli ever was. So when SRT had a poor run, he earned plenty of credit to ride through this.

Dont forget, when SRT played, generally speaking if he failed so did Indian cricket.

Indian cricket today, does not rely on Kohli to win games. Even when Kohli fails, India finds a way to win.

Made up hooplah. 

We won a series in australia in 2018 too and before you remind me that Warner and Smith were absent, its our bowler who stopped them and they would have done the same under Kohli if we go by their record under kohli as captain. 

So again it's just made up, intangible.... 

2018 was 3 years ago dude.

Its 2021. Time to move on from that.

I presume you support his IPL team. I dont follow IPL, so I have no loyalties or bias towards Kohli.

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli must resign from captaincy from lois that will do a world of good to him

And retire from international t20s,he has past his sell by date in that format

NO. Never.

Why would he?

It makes him millions of US dollars. Would you? No.

The BCCI need to sack him. Thats the only way he will leave.

7 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

i feel he needs to give up captaincy to focus on game.

Agree.

However, He is too proud a man to do that, I also dont think India has a player that it is confident and mature enough to take the role and also play well consistently.

Ashwin could.

57 minutes ago, Adamant said:

So i should live in past .... have you read my comment or you are still living in 2016-2018. Test is not t20 how many test he won by his batting performance overseas in past 3 years. Even Hahane won a test that to  by playing back against the wall inning. BTW  how many years back was ct13 and after that how many icc even happened and what was his performance in the knockout. All we see now from him is bullying of afg,bd and wi bowlers in t20 where this selfish clown never leave an opportunity to play and as an when main event comes he will get out on first ball and embarrass himself and his fanboys. If i were kohli fan i would have shutup and watch the match thread silently till he perform again.

Edited by raki05