Can Shreyas Iyer become the next Michael Bevan for India?

6 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Pant is competing with Rahul not with Iyer.

He is aiming for a spot in middle and one of KL or iyer will have to go 

Gill I don’t think is a 100 sr middle order bat. More like a top 3.

His game will grow, thats what investment is. 

Iyer has done nothing to be dropped from odi’s based on 1 average series where most sucked and we lost 2-1.

True but my opinion is strictly on better batsman avl and him having so many issues. 

You would be throwing tantrums if your fav player was dropped based on 2-3 matches.

There is nothing called fav. I can ask same player to benched in other formats if not needed. Im more into team structuring then individuals

If u read my post im the same guys who backs sky in t20 but dnt find him right for odi. 

And for better of the team they better start looking for a leftie at 4 which what they did in t20 with pant. Which has few reasons but since ur so much into individuals u wnt get it. 

Be practical. His s/r has only improved and sure everyone gets to pad stats and even that is an art. In 2 years on and off his stature has only grown and he deserves more chances. 

The only practical thing is to think what makes team better in long run and not just fall for 1-2 games. The answer is simple cricket is growng really fast and u need to look for as many impact players as possible. So there are better impact n quality players then him , ill rather invest in them . 

Rahul has gotten more opportunities than Iyer but you don’t see that because you think he is “tailunted”. I like Rahul too btw but you can’t pick and chose based on that. You have to give a reasonable opportunity.

Rahul is qualitatively a better batsman then iyer , now what he does with his talent is his problem. I pick on bases who provides more impact. 

At 26 years he will peak in the next 2-3 years if things go according to how they do for batsmen and we don’t want to chop and change. If he fails in the next 2-3 series he will be out anyways.

You will want the next batch from u-19 to replace the players replacing Iyer. Need to have  patience.

Again nothing to do with age , favs n all ....all about structure and what makes team impactfull. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
51 minutes ago, Adamant said:

There's no place for a bevan in this day and age. Only posters who saw him will understand this. 

Role of finisher is always needed in any era.Iyer does not  have to be Bevan as Iyer's role is not be finisher for this team.

Iyer's role in this team is number 4 .It should be adaptable according to need to the team on that particular day.Number 4 batsman should be able to overcome early loss of wickets as well as should have the versatility to increase RR if team is given good start by top three.Iyer is best candidate to fill that role of crucial number 4.

iyer is perfect batsman to come after collapse and build innings but he can also score quickly if needed.

i dont understand why every player needs to have perfect technique in odis ..was raina not valuable for india ? shreyas can easily fill that role.

what need to change with our side is intent from start...be positive from start and trust middle order of iyer,rahul and pant to last 50 overs if they have to.

anyway i will drop rahul before iyer from middle order anyway.   

On 3/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

s/r n avg ....do u really wanna make judgement on such small sample....go ahead 

And yet you have no problems doing that picking out stats of Iyer's dropped catches.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

did u see pant keep in this ind-eng test series...parthiv patel kept like a goal keeper

Did you see Iyer batting in this T20I series? So you agree he should be in the T20I team then?

3 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

And yet you have no problems doing that picking out stats of Iyer's dropped catches.

Did you see Iyer batting in this T20I series? So you agree he should be in the T20I team then?

Iyer isn’t badmash  or budtameez enough so he gets judged faster.

23 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

yea comman sense if u droping so many catches in short career it is a problem ,

23 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

have u seen bat his whole career, if small sample starts to be taken na even dravid had 50 in 22 balls

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea comman sense if u droping so many catches in short career it is a problem ,

have u seen bat his whole career, if small sample starts to be taken na even dravid had 50 in 22 balls

In the same comment you're talking about "droping so many catches in short career" and then complaining about only taking small sample size instead of seeing the whole career. :phehe:

Look at Iyer's catching in his whole career instead of small sample size. Who knows? From next series, his catching might not even be a problem. Either way, pretty stupid comparison with Rayudu, who's a much worse ground fielder than Iyer.

Edited by TNAmarkFromIndia
10 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

In the same comment you're talking about "droping so many catches in short career" and then complaining about only taking small sample size instead of seeing the whole career. :phehe:

coz in small matches if ur dropping so many catches its a catching problem. Its not batting weakness that wud be exploited over a period of time . catching is catching

ye basic bhi samjhana padta hai

10 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Look at Iyer's catching in his whole career instead of small sample size. Who knows? From next series, his catching might not even be a problem. Either way, pretty stupid comparison with Rayudu, who's a much worse ground fielder than Iyer.

lets see then 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz in small matches if ur dropping so many catches its a catching problem. Its not batting weakness that wud be exploited over a period of time . catching is catching

ye basic bhi samjhana padta hai

It's a catching problem if he does this in domestic or IPL too. He doesn't. Again, making a big deal of a small sample size.

2 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

It's a catching problem if he does this in domestic or IPL too. He doesn't. Again, making a big deal of a small sample size.

he drops in IPL to . 

Domestic adhe televise 80% televise nahin hote to kya keh sakte hai

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

There is no comparison between Rayudu and Iyer as a fielder. As a fielder, Iyer is actually one of the better fielders India have currently.