Can Shreyas Iyer become the next Michael Bevan for India?

Bevan was pivotal in a lot of Australia's wins in ODIs during the phase they dominated international cricket. But he had weakness against shot bowling which is why he never made it to test cricket.

Shreyas also has same weakness of short bowl which is why it is unlikely if he will make it to tests but like Bevan, he can play the anchor role well and brings the same level of calmness and responsibility to Indian LOI side. As an example, he scored a brilliant 50 ball 70 in first T20 vs an attack of Archer and Wood. You won't get a better pace bowling attack than that.

Do you see him playing the role of Bevan for India in LOIs?

Discuss!

Edited by Majestic
3 hours ago, Majestic said:

Shreyas also has same weakness of short bowl

No he just doesnt have short ball problem , he has quick wrist spin problem to .

Also he drops a lot of catches , he was 3rd in list of droppers after kohli n pant and he doesnt even play one format

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

he reminds me of ijaz ahmed

Good one. But Ijaz beat india to pulp and Ijaz ahmed had the best batting of his life in Aus against them. In 1990, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Ijaz scored 121 against Australiawhen Pakistan needed to chase 429 runs to win. ... Ijaz scored a century against Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) in 1996. His 137 in the first innings was a result of five and half hours of determination.

26 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No he just doesnt have short ball problem , he has quick wrist spin problem to .

Also he drops a lot of catches , he was 3rd in list of droppers after kohli n pant and he doesnt even play one format

But he score runs and against most sides. Also, why believe on non credible sources, he is a very good fielder based on what I have seen. Poor fielders are Shardul and Chahal.

Edited by Majestic
7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

But he score runs and against most sides. Also, why believe on non credible sources, he is a very good fielder based on what I have seen. Poor fielders are Shardul and Chahal.

He failed in SA n AUS 

how is he a good fielder if he drops so many catches (which pissed of team in SA also) at 3 position despite not playing 1 format . 

What non credible sources?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He failed in SA n AUS 

how is he a good fielder if he drops so many catches (which pissed of team in SA also) at 3 position despite not playing 1 format . 

What non credible sources?

Show me 3-4 videos of him dropping catches. I watched him and his fielding is excellent. Can't dump my eyes for some non credible sources.

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Show me 3-4 videos of him dropping catches. I watched him and his fielding is excellent. Can't dump my eyes for some non credible sources.

Yaar main itna vela lagta hu jo har match utha ke international ka aur IPL ka dekhne baithu. Ek kaam kar easy hai type iyer drop catches on google or twitter it ll help ...start with SA tour only 

Can someone provide him that list ?? we have already put here dont know which thread .... @Gollum - u put that list na of indian player dropping many catches ?? Where kohli pant were at 1-2 and iyer 3

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yaar main itna vela lagta hu jo har match utha ke international ka aur IPL ka dekhne baithu. Ek kaam kar easy hai type iyer drop catches on google or twitter it ll help ...start with SA tour only 

Can someone provide him that list ?? we have already put here dont know which thread .... @Gollum - u put that list na of indian player dropping many catches ?? Where kohli pant were at 1-2 and iyer 3

Lol, You don't need to list down the video. Relax! :dance:

Edited by Majestic