India: Covid - II

kepler37b

15 hours ago, Clarke said:

Third wave is coming for sure given the spread rate in other countries and the casualness of the masses. Its all about hospitalization rate that determines the severity of the wave in India.

yes, it's a matter of when (not "if") and we must hope that the severity of Omicron in India will be low (as it's been elsewhere) otherwise we will be looking at big catastrophes

57 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Ominous signs of third wave. But no reports of icu and oxygen panic.

Looks like the tiger has turned into a cat. 

Or we need to wait for more time. 

Unfortunately, I have to agree with your observations on the upcoming 3rd wave. 

I'm expecting this wave to die down the last week of March/April.

Had to post the Mumbai trip. Again. :mad:

On 12/30/2021 at 11:27 PM, coffee_rules said:

One in family tested positive after going to a movie in a theatre, here in NJ. Now all of us are in isolation and quarantined. Will get tested after 5 days.  

All the best and hope person tested positive is feeling better/

6 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Yes. But I do not see the rush for oxygen and hospital beds. 

it hasn't hit peak yet. So too early to say.Also variant is mild and with vaccinations hopefully it is better this time.

19 hours ago, Lord said:

it hasn't hit peak yet. So too early to say.Also variant is mild and with vaccinations hopefully it is better this time.

Plus ,People don't get hospitalised as soon as they get tested.

Yes ,based on early numbers it does seen less hospitalisation at the same stage vs Delta .Say 5-6 times diffence but keep in mind Omicron s spreading very rapidly ,and quickly .....So , it's quite possible 6 to 8 times the cases will require for similar number of hospitalisation .