Gill doesnt fit in Morgan's attacking brand of cricket plan- Ajay jadeja

Ankit_sharma03

8 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I hope it isn’t because for natural transplant I think they take hair from other parts of the body

I think it is real. Finally, it seems one HT has worked for Sehwag. Yeah, I know they take hair from different place other than head but only when they arent enough grafts/roots available on head. With Male Pattern Baldness amd baldness Sehwag had, he had enough hair on back & side part.

20 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

I think it is real. Finally, it seems one HT has worked for Sehwag. Yeah, I know they take hair from different place other than head but only when they arent enough grafts/roots available on head. With Male Pattern Baldness amd baldness Sehwag had, he had enough hair on back & side part.

:puke:

Edited by Global.Baba

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gill needs to up his tempo 

Gill didn’t lose the game today. You don’t need to press the accelerator when your starters have gotten you to a point where the required run rate is around 6 runs an over. His so called innovative strategies enabled India to win the recently completed odi series. The slam bang approach needs to be combined with situational awareness. Ironically, the young Indian starters- Gill, Rana, Tripathi have done okay. Problem begins with the arrival of the first big international star- Mr. Morgan himself. Now, it’s still early days. Maybe those “smart” guys in KKR’s analytics will figure this out and advise the “genius”.

28 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

Gill didn’t lose the game today. You don’t need to press the accelerator when your starters have gotten you to a point where the required run rate is around 6 runs an over. His so called innovative strategies enabled India to win the recently completed odi series. The slam bang approach needs to be combined with situational awareness. Ironically, the young Indian starters- Gill, Rana, Tripathi have done okay. Problem begins with the arrival of the first big international star- Mr. Morgan himself. Now, it’s still early days. Maybe those “smart” guys in KKR’s analytics will figure this out and advise the “genius”.

Occasional 150 games will justify even rahane approach. To see have a larger plan ull need to take big sample. Its just not todays game , its about gill overall approach in t20. It definitely needs to improve.  Problem doest begin with arrival of morgan but they already had problem previously.

Also i dnt knw why playing slow is situational awareness ?? Heard same crap about manish for years, the guy doesn't accelerate when need so how is he playing acc to situation. Even today max runs needed to be scored against new ball coz this pitch has gotten tougher to bat as innings has progressed. Any data will tell u that 125 s/r doesnt work anymore

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Occasional 150 games will justify even rahane approach. To see have a larger plan ull need to take big sample. Its just not todays game , its about gill overall approach in t20. It definitely needs to improve.  Problem doest begin with arrival of morgan but they already had problem previously.

Also i dnt knw why playing slow is situational awareness ?? Heard same crap about manish for years, the guy doesn't accelerate when need so how is he playing acc to situation. Even today max runs needed to be scored against new ball coz this pitch has gotten tougher to bat as innings has progressed. Any data will tell u that 125 s/r doesnt work anymore

What does that mean? We can chase 200.  But if our bowlers do a good job and restrict a side to 150, and more importantly, when the starters give you 85 of those runs in 10 overs, you can’t bring yourself to finish the job that could have been done by taking singles with the occasional boundary to score at around 6.5 an over, you couldn’t do it. Instead let’s bat like a tailender and go for that slog. Gill scored  33 at a 137 SR today. Perfectly reasonable in the context of this chase. And I bet if the team was chasing 200, Gill would have adjusted. He knows that there is not one formula that applies to all situations.

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

playing quick is that...are you from 70s ??

In context of this chase if KKR was in game it was becoz of rana's innings 

Quit the labels and apply simple math. Chasing 150 runs in 120 balls means KkR had to maintain a SR of 125 to keep pace and have a shot at winning today’s game. Gill’s SR was 137. He was AHEAD of the prescribed pace.  Rana gave you an even greater cushion. So what did Gill do that was wrong? Oh yes, I know. They shouldn’t have left anything to “sloggin” Morgan. Rana and Gill should have finished it off. I am sorry. But so far looking at the 2 limited overs’ series in India and now the couple of outings in the IPL, there is nothing in the data that demonstrated that Morgan’s method actually resulted in higher overall scores and/or a higher winning percentage. In fact he lost games from winning positions. Today’s game was not the first time. England lost from winning positions against India too. 

24 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

Quit the labels and apply simple math. Chasing 150 runs in 120 balls means KkR had to maintain a SR of 125 to keep pace and have a shot at winning today’s game. Gill’s SR was 137. He was AHEAD of the prescribed pace.  Rana gave you an even greater cushion. So what did Gill do that was wrong? Oh yes, I know. They shouldn’t have left anything to “sloggin” Morgan. Rana and Gill should have finished it off. I am sorry. But so far looking at the 2 limited overs’ series in India and now the couple of outings in the IPL, there is nothing in the data that demonstrated that Morgan’s method actually resulted in higher overall scores and/or a higher winning percentage. In fact he lost games from winning positions.

Will the same script follow every game ?? U think this statement is made after watching gill in one game and since u want to break today's innings ...go see he was batting at 23(19) then he hit 4,6 six which got his s/r up and then he got dismissed. So even his plan to bat long didnt work

His approach in question is on his long career, no one makes a statement on one innings . 

Yea they shudnt have left it for them as top order shud always try to finish it on its own but doesnt mean u play high number of dot balls. Either finish the game off or make it in distance of others thats the role....his game basically leaves too much for others and some times pitch becomes hard for latter batsman which was the case today for both side.

A IPL career s/r of 124 in todays time shudnt be even defended 

Today’s game was not the first time. England lost from winning positions against India too. 

havent we lost game due to our outdated batting ???

U remember who was the champion team last season ?? MI- they played attacking cricket

Who was one of the worst Chennai coz they played way slow . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

33 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Will the same script follow every game ?? U think this statement is made after watching gill in one game and since u want to break today's innings ...go see he was batting at 23(19) then he hit 4,6 six which got his s/r up and then he got dismissed. So even his plan to bat long didnt work

His approach in question is on his long career, no one makes a statement on one innings . 

Yea they shudnt have left it for them as top order shud always try to finish it on its own but doesnt mean u play high number of dot balls. Either finish the game off or make it in distance of others thats the role....his game basically leaves too much for others and some times pitch becomes hard for latter batsman which was the case today for both side.

A IPL career s/r of 124 in todays time shudnt be even defended 

havent we lost game due to our outdated batting ???

U remember who was the champion team last season ?? MI- they played attacking cricket

Who was one of the worst Chennai coz they played way slow . 

Let’s see. Mr. Morgan has played 68 matches with a career S/R of 125.96. So yes, I can defend Gill who has an almost identical S/R as a 21 year old who is still trying to find his way. It all depends on context. In this game he helped his team’s cause. By way of contrast, SRH had Manish Pandey who had a statistically higher SR in the last game, but actually hurt his team’s cause. SRH should have him sit out. I agree with you in that MI has some great hitters. But Rohit hits around 130 and fits in fine too. That team can score 200 and win. But it also does fine in the 150-170 type games. So, I think a team should be able to adapt rather than have everybody stick to one formula.