Hanuma Vihari in County cricket - performance watch

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Not sure but I think his contract was for first three games with a potential extension to be agreed later. 

A pointless contract... whats even the point of just 3 games.  You need 2/3 games itself just to adjust to english conditions.

19 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

A pointless contract... whats even the point of just 3 games.  You need 2/3 games itself just to adjust to english conditions.

He is still named in their squad. May get to play 3-3 more matches before joining the national team on 2nd June.

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sundar might be better option than him right now.  Vihari has decent technique but he is a bit too loose outside off stump.  Plays with hard hands as well.  This England tour will be make or break for him. 

One format players like pujara hanuma rahane do practice quite a bit and hence are kinda Sure to play one or two good innings for sure.

But selectors and kohli have to be clever and take what's best.

Pujara hanuma have strong defensive game and hanuma is very good against spinners .. rahane has been under performing and just playing one good innings to save his place.

I would have dumped him for sure.

Hanuma also bowls a bit of off spin. But hanuma has a strong pujara like defensive game which ensures that he can save himself during tough times.

Hanuma is definitely talented. After what he did vs a fiery Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood, I am certain he can handle any bowler. Althought Indian attack overall is better. 

Hanuma vs swing conditions is debatable. Need to see more of him.