Family man 2 banned in Tamil Nadu ?

gattaca

On Monday, the Tamil Nadu governmenthad requested the Information & Broadcasting Ministry to either stop or ban the release of The Family Man Season 2 for allegedly depicting the Eelam Tamils in a negative light. In a letter to I&B minister Prakash Javadekar, Tamil Nadu IT Minister T Mano Thangaraj said the trailer presented Tamilians in a “highly objectionable manner” and their was an attempt to discredit the struggle of the Eelam Tamils in Sri Lanka.

The TN minister pointed to the portrayal of actor Samantha Akkineni in The Family Man 2 trailer in his letter. “Branding Tamil speaking actress Samantha as a terrorist in the serial is directly an attack on the pride of Tamils living around the world and no one will tolerate this kind of motivated and mischievous campaign,” he said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/web-series/the-family-man-2-directors-raj-and-dk-respond-as-tamil-nadu-seeks-ban-on-show-7329414/

Thalaiva already winning hearts by banning web series. LTTE kills close to 20 people and PM of India. They are not happy for portraying as bad people. But TN govt wants to ban a web series based on this ? Was India’s PM not the PM for the whole country ? Such disrespect. Samantha as villain is not acceptable as well lol. So all the scams these DMK idiots did were bringing pride to Tamil people ? The first series had mallu guy as villain don’t remember anyone from Kerala requesting a ban for that. 

Edited by gattaca

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

i'd just leave it there. 

Watch the trailer , they have literally blackened her. Are there no fair skinned SLan Tamils or are there no other dusky actors in the industry? That have to blacken actors to fit the role. This was how Hollywood used to portray non-whites in movies, 

37 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Watch the trailer , they have literally blackened her. Are there no fair skinned SLan Tamils or are there no other dusky actors in the industry? That have to blacken actors to fit the role. This was how Hollywood used to portray non-whites in movies, 

So the point is its ugly to think that SL Tamils or Tamils look in a certain way that folks have to blacken their skin to portray them - in fact many SL tamils one meets outside India look quite well groomed in comparison to regular joes in Chennai or Mumbai lol. Bollywood is such a cesspool of entitlement, low IQ and tribal clans this makes perfect sense that something like this will come from there. 

44 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Watch the trailer

checked it out - i dont see any issues wonder what.. she is appearing like a recruit who is toiling in sun and dirt. Wont have much time for makeup .. its just realism. I dont think it has got anything to do with how her skin was portrayed there. 

Wonder how folks know the story by just seeing trailer. Cancel culture is stupid. 

15 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nothing wrong actually in the trailer.  As another poster said that portrayal is just for realism.  If she were undercover she'd have been under a ton of make up with sexy outfits.  

Plot looks like messy though

I never said it was wrong, I said it looked like the minister was more offended that Samantha was portrayed as a terrorist. You call this sarcasm or jest. Villy here trying to target it because I said dark-skinned SLan Tamil and his wires were all in short-circuit 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I never said it was wrong, I said it looked like the minister was more offended that Samantha was portrayed as a terrorist. You call this sarcasm or jest. Villy here trying to target it because I said dark-skinned SLan Tamil and his wires were all in short-circuit 

You said it is because she is made to look Dark in the trailer and Tamils are angry with it, how where does the minister say that, as usual your BS. 

She is appearing dark as she is in some battle fatigues and then she is appearing as some militant trainee - its basic realism. 90% of Tamil movies have the same appearance for their own actors, realism has been a choice in TN for movies for a very long time now - you wont see 'Fair and lovely' façade like Bollywood or  kannadawood or what ever its called..sandalwood lol. It will hardly be an issue. The minister appears to have a problem since SL tamils are shown as terrorists - which is funny as LTTE was real - i am not sure what the brohaha is abt there - but your shallow agenda is very clear brown chaddi. 

4 hours ago, Number said:

In season 1 she is shown as a someone with a very attractive personality. 

I doubt they will intentionally do anything to make Tamils look bad.

its a figment of imagination of coffee 'kannadiga holier than north indians hindi speaking brown chaddi rules ' , the issue appears to be political point scoring on LTTE. nothing to do with physical portrayal , there are hardly any issues there. 

@coffee_rules whether one agrees or not with what is being mentioned below, to try and portray this as a mere reaction to skin color shown of the artist lol man how much do you hate Tamils -- that a mind as muddled as yours could only come up with such an explanation. 

you are truly warped by hate man. This is basically a political tool to stay relevant for folks like Seeman ad Viko - at max a good publicity for Manoj bajpai, nothing less nothing more.

From where did you bring in skin color into this ? Just want to focus on that. What an utter tool you are. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

You said it is because she is made to look Dark in the trailer and Tamils are angry with it, how where does the minister say that, as usual your BS. 

She is appearing dark as she is in some battle fatigues and then she is appearing as some militant trainee - its basic realism. 90% of Tamil movies have the same appearance for their own actors, realism has been a choice in TN for movies for a very long time now - you wont see 'Fair and lovely' façade like Bollywood or  kannadawood or what ever its called..sandalwood lol. It will hardly be an issue. The minister appears to have a problem since SL tamils are shown as terrorists - which is funny as LTTE was real - i am not sure what the brohaha is abt there - but your shallow agenda is very clear brown chaddi. 

So, either you wear a green chaddi or no chaddi at all. Your targeting and stalking is laughable. I never seriously said that minister is upset because of Samantha. Your sarcasm sensitivity meter is short-circuited looking at my posts with  Tamils in it. Bina chaddiwaale aadha-unkil! 

Edited by coffee_rules

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

So, either you wear a green chaddi or no chaddi at all. Your targeting and stalking is laughable. I never seriously said that minister is upset because of Samantha. Your sarcasm sensitivity meter is short-circuited looking at my posts with  Tamils in it. Bina chaddiwaale aadha-unkil! 

ok kaki chaddi..