ICC announces schedule of global events from 2024-2031 (Champions Trophy reintroduced)

As per the schedule, ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup and ICC Men’s T20 World Cup are set to be expanded and the Men’s Champions Trophy will be re-introduced.

“The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will become a 14 team, 54 match event in 2027 and 2031, whilst the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will be expanded to a 20 team, 55 match event in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030. An eight team Champions Trophy will be hosted in 2025 and 2029. ICC World Test Championship Finals will be hosted in 2025, 2027, 2029 and 2031. The ICC Women’s event schedule has already been confirmed with the expansion of both the Cricket World Cup and T20 World Cup forming part of the ICC’s long-term commitment to growing the women’s game,” ICC said in a media release.

“The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup format will have two groups of seven, with the top three in each group progressing to a Super Six stage, followed by semi-finals and final. This is the same format that was used in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2003. The format of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will consist of four groups of five, with the top two from each group going through to a Super Eights stage, followed by the knockout stages of semi-finals and a final. The Champions Trophy will follow previous editions with two groups of four, semi-finals and final,” it added.

https://circleofcricket.com/category/Latest_news/65701/icc-announces-schedule-of-global-events-from-2024-2031

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Some great decisions.. 

Increasing the no. of teams in WC to 14

20 teams in the proper T20 wc and not some qualifiers type bs we saw in the past two editions.. 

Going ahead with the WTC .. 

Some terrible ones.. 

What even is the point of Champions Trophy? You already have the 50 over World cup for the format. Just another money grabbing exercise I guess...:no:

And why a T20 wc every two years? It's only going to dilute it's brand and importance... 

Some great decisions.. 

Increasing the no. of teams in WC to 14

20 teams in the proper T20 wc and not some qualifiers type bs we saw in the past two editions.. 

Going ahead with the WTC .. 

Some terrible ones.. 

What even is the point of Champions Trophy? You already have the 50 over World cup for the format. Just another money grabbing exercise I guess...:no:

And why a T20 wc every two years? It's only going to dilute it's brand and importance... 

T20 WC every 2 year is horrible idea. ICC is a confused body...lol.

Initially they had T20 WC every year...then they moved it to every 4 years. Now they are bringing it back every 2 years again.

Champions trophy was removed and replaced with test championship. Now they want CT to be back as well.

Hahahaha :hysterical:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Too many ICC tournaments, kills the prestige of a ICC trophy. Too many weaker teams allowed in T20 WC. 

There will come a time soon when the big three will send their B teams for ICC tournaments and will instead play a full series between themselves simultaneously when the ICC tournament is on.

4 hours ago, Norman said:

I’m surprised they haven’t gone to having one every year.  Hell, I half expect them to have two a year eventually with one held in AUS/ENG and the other in India.