1983 Hero
1982 Vidhaata
1981 Krodhi
1980 Karz
1979 Gautam Govinda
1978 Vishwanath
1976 Kalicharan

Which is your favorite? 

His films post Karma have been OK to bad, IMO. His best is probably Vidhaata for the interactions b/w Dilip Kumar and Amrish Puri. It is filled with good actors including Shammi Kapoor, Sanjeev Kumar, Sanjay Dutt (though his acting is barely acceptable in it and he is shown as 18 years old :facepalm:), Padmini, Sarika, etc. Many of the elements from Vidhaata have been reused by Ghai in his other films. He probably reached his peak here, which trickled into Hero and Karma. Other films that I like include Kalicharan, Karz, Hero & Karma. 

You can watch Vidhaata here 

7 minutes ago, gattaca said:

None. Atleast the ones I watched were pretty bad. Like taal had no story whatsoever.

Ghai is known more for his films in the 80s. Have you watched anything from that period?

Overrated more than KJo.

Kalicharan, Meri Jung are his best product for its times.

Karz was enjoyable.

Rest are overrated, pulling hair type movies.

He went to Dhol / Dholak BGM from Karma , Ram-Lakhan (Laxmikant-Pyarelal), irritating enough, made ARR (Taal) and Annu Malik (Pardes) facking do the same  Yaadein being his worst product.

Want to forget him. Useless fellow.

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Ram Lakhan!!!

Love the songs. Love the Jackie Anil Duo.

The entire epic based modern day India juxtaposed with corrupt Babus, menacing villains, and dancing village belles.

I liked Kisna, Meri Jung and Khal Nayak too.

Good to see Meri Jung (lawyer connection? :p:) mentioned. I have not watched it recently but I like some of its sequences like when Anil Kapoor drinks poison in the court, when Anil Kapoor asks for the piano, chess scene, and Javad's dance moves (Bol Baby Bol). May revisit it in near future  

As for the other choices, I used to like Ram Lakhan but now find it OK. I have reasons for it including anything with Rakhee playing mom appears dated, too much "Lakhan" in songs, some lame comedy like this , and sequences like my name is Deodhar, along with the yawn inducing song mere do anmol ratan. Also some influence from older Ghai films. As for positives, I like one of its background score tunes. Villains and their names are cool ... Khalnayak is timepass (but it has Rakhee too - goes to the train station everyday iirc :fear1:) but has influence from films like Hero. Ghai was saved by the songs. If I am not wrong, he still had give some money back to the distributors or sold his next film at a discount (something like that) ... Kisna, no comments :no:

Edited by zen

2 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

I was a growing kid when Khalnayak released, asked mom if can watch it, she slapped me thinking my interest is due to choli ke peeche song. 

admit it that you wanted to find out choli ke peeche kiya hai :p: ... mom was right :orderorder:

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

With allegations from Mahima Chaudhary in Pardes, he is a scum of casting couch not worthy of any praise, womanizing bastard 

Let’s focus on films ... this is not a hate thread but tries go down the memory lane to celebrate some good films