Looks like T20 world Cup is out of India

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/icc-mens-t20-world-cup/t20-world-cup-set-to-be-moved-out-of-india-icc-intimated-internally/amp_articleshow/83258891.cms&ved=2ahUKEwiKkNCv6oDxAhX34zgGHSuwBx8Q0PADegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1xr6pTXI6t0vQxPWJXSCk0&ampcf=1

Was inevitable to be honest. And I think it's the right thing to do. In hindsight, we should have went on with it last year itself instead of the IPL but I guess $$$$... You know.. 

Would prefer winning it away from India and arguably we have more chances of winning it in the UAE than in India. So no complaints. 

2 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Why not just swap Australia and India's hosting rights for 2021 and 2022? Wouldn't that make more sense for BCCI.. might give them a chance to host it next year possibly with crowds if the situation gets better 

Logistics issue I guess... 

Also Australia are supposed to host the Ashes too so they wouldn't want the limelight to be taken away by another event. 

Finger spinners also play their role in UAE. Jadeja would be more handy over there than in India.  

Rahul Chahar is the other guy who should make it as well. 

Afghan spinners may also trouble a few sides there. 

Had Sri lanka got a decent batting unit they would be underdogs as well but their batting is in absolute shambles. 

Overall Playing IPl in UAE before WT20 should be ideal preparation. 

14 hours ago, Norman said:

Logistics issue I guess... 

Also Australia are supposed to host the Ashes too so they wouldn't want the limelight to be taken away by another event. 

What logistics issues? They have nearly 4-5 *ing months!

14 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Why not just swap Australia and India's hosting rights for 2021 and 2022? Wouldn't that make more sense for BCCI.. might give them a chance to host it next year possibly with crowds if the situation gets better 

You think ICC & sense make any sense in the same sentence :laugh:

On 6/5/2021 at 10:03 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

longer grounds n 180 kind of totals, help for seamers works well for us ......this might not suit WI

I have always held the belief that UAE conditions suits us more than even Indian ones.

One of the biggest reasons for failure of our spinners(especially KulCha) in white ball cricket has been tiny grounds in India. Their main weapon is inducing a false shot while batsmen are attacking. But here in India even miss hits go for a six quite often. 

7 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

I have always held the belief that UAE conditions suits us more than even Indian ones.

One of the biggest reasons for failure of our spinners(especially KulCha) in white ball cricket has been tiny grounds in India. Their main weapon is inducing a false shot while batsmen are attacking. But here in India even miss hits go for a six quite often. 

longer grounds even makes shardul better i have noticed, he did well in last IPL in uae 

Help in those pitches made shami also better in t20 a format where has has struggled

9 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Also the outfields they are ridiculously fast.  In venues like Wankhede or Chinnaswamy where ball travels it's basically a nightmare. Then the dew factor as well.  India lost a T20I to freakin Bangladesh in Delhi due to that same reason. 

Spinners will play a huge role in UAE which will trouble our nemesis in ICC tourneys like Kiwis & England.

I think they should really be delaying it or giving some other country to host which is waiting for his chance rather  moving it to UAE  . Hosting in India is prestige it  will bring revenue tourism for India, attract audience and atmosphere will great. That's reason countries fight so much get rights for Football WorldCup or Olympics. Even sport like Formula 1 countries host with idea of tourism and show the country in good sense.