UEFA Euro 2020 thread

Norman

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

England now have guys like Mount, Foden, Grealish etc who are all very good with the ball and add more creativeness in the final 3rd. A huge improvement over the likes of Delle Alli, Lingaard, Dier etc.. 

I hope so. To be fair I haven't watched much football in the last 3 years.

Even during the so called Golden Generation era teams like Denmark were able to have more possession than England. It was frustrating to watch.

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This is a better tournament than FIFA WC. Most are evenly abled, unlike the WC. Some countries make it the WC , just because they are good in their region, but don’t deserve its place over some EU country who missed out on EU regional quota.

This was the case till 2006 when I watched Football. Not sure if it’s the same case. 

will watch after the group stage this year. Lockdowns will make you do strange things

The player quality is better in Euro but you can't say its better watch some Asian/African countries play more free flowing games rather than cagey tacticall affair between the giants of football. for example last world cup match between South Korea and Belgium was one  really fun game to watch  probably best game  and there one game form African team I think Ghana and which was fun aswell 

First match today (00:30 IST so technically tomorrow :p:). 

Turkey vs Italy in Rome. 

Italy are the obvious favorites plus the home advantage but Turkey are fully capable of springing a surprise. 

My prediction - Ita 2-0 Tur

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

The Turks are mavericks and they beat France during the qualifiers. Italy could struggle as opening day matches are never easy and their attack is underwhelming.

Hoping for an upset to kick things off

Turkey is strong this time but doesn't Italy have something like 27 match I heard Italy some injuries so I feel this might be very competitive match which could go either way 

Edited by rising

40 minutes ago, rising said:

Turkey is strong this time but doesn't Italy have something like 27 match I heard Italy some injuries so I feel this might be very competitive match which could go either way 

Have hardly played any big teams, with lots of minnows in between. Only a 1-0 win against Netherlands to show for a good result against a somewhat challenging side, have had draws with Poland and Bosnia during the Nations league. Dont rate their attack much.

3 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Have hardly played any big teams, with lots of minnows in between. Only a 1-0 win against Netherlands to show for a good result against a somewhat challenging side, have had draws with Poland and Bosnia during the Nations league. Dont rate their attack much.

Fair enough I haven't really really watched much international since word cup  so I will take your opinion .  it should be interesting match then

Today's games -

Wales v Switzerland

Pretty much evenly matched sides. But Wales have a bit of an edge with their attacking prowess.  Bale and Ramsey are not in the best of their form but still they're quality players who always turn up for the national team. So I'm going 2-1 for wales

Denmark v Finland

Denmark should win comfortably. 2-0 or 3-0.. (home advantage + a superior team)

Belgium v Russia 

Could be a tricky game. Belgium have a world class team on paper but Russians are known for their sheer grit and physical solidity on the ball and they're playing on home soil. 

Should be 2-1 Belgium though

Edited by Norman

7 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Poor effort from Turkey. Was a non contest basically. 

Thank god for the tennis between the ATGs to be going on at the same time

There were huge expectations on their team from delusional Turkish fans (who are basically the Toyger fans of football). 

This defeat(and the margin of it) might have just eliminated them from the RO16 race. 

2 hours ago, Norman said:

There were huge expectations on their team from delusional Turkish fans (who are basically the Toyger fans of football). 

This defeat(and the margin of it) might have just eliminated them from the RO16 race. 

Yeah they are not going anywhere. Pretty underwhelming side, Italy were there for the taking dont know what they were playing at.

Watched the first half - I must say I find football incredibly boring now. It's just pass-pass front and back with the occasional shot. I know it's Italy and Turkey - but the flair is gone. I guess I should stick to the highlights from here on.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Turkey are shite, always have been. The Bangladesh of football seems a good label. Only their retarded fans think they are good, everyone else knows they are crap against any decent side.

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Watched the first half - I must say I find football incredibly boring now. It's just pass-pass front and back with the occasional shot. I know it's Italy and Turkey - but the flair is gone. I guess I should stick to the highlights from here 

I am not sure about international  football  as its cup it can be bit cagey  but if you see Bayer playing style from 2020 its one most attacking  style  a team can play