" Seniority " over " Current Ability ", as the main selection criterion, is preventing Team India from realizing its true potential

31 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

just emulate england

Emulating England is fraught with real danger for the uncles in Hitman, Dhawan and Kohli.

They may be exposed even more and a long consecutive series of failures would mean they are closer to exile.

It will never happen, the English approach.

Tuk tuk for the first 20 overs, lay a platform. That is the moronic approach by 1,2,3.

Ishan Kishan gets a chance as an opener and is batting 127 off only 96 balls in an ODI at a SR of 132   [  Scores 210 off 131 runs finally, at a SR of 160 ]

And we pretend that there is no one except the oldies and we have to live or die with them.

Give Gill and Kishan 15 ODIs together as openers and they will do much better than Dhawan and Rohit of 2022.

Edited by express bowling
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ishan Kishan gets a chance as an opener and is batting 127 off only 96 balls in an ODI at a SR of 132

And we pretend that there is no one except the oldies and we have to live or die with them.

Give Gill and Kishan 15 ODIs together as openers and they will do much better than Dhawan and Rohit of 2022.

Kishan has gone berserk 170 off just110 balls. Now Rohit's buddy Dhawan's place is in danger. They know this that's why they keep young guys Kishan and Gill on the bench even after performing and only get to play the odd match when someone's injured. While seniors get match after match to stat pad against weak opponents in the name of experience and extend their playing careers.

Edited by Mosher
2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Kishan has gone berserk 170 off just110 balls. Now Rohit's buddy Dhawan's place is in danger. They know this that's why they keep young guys Kishan and Gill on the bench even after performing and only get to play the odd match when someone's injured. While seniors get match after match to stat pad against weak opponents in the name of experience and extend their playing careers.

They sometimes keep these youngsters out of the squad too to protect the oldies. Like Gill is not here.

They dropped Bishnoi after a great game against Pakistan in AC 22.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ishan Kishan 210 off just 131 balls with 10 sixes.

Let's see how many ODIs he gets after this as an opener. 

They will be forced to play, but players like Kishan are high risk, high reward types. The minute they flop for 2-3 inns, seniors will replace them and will continue till the WC in excuse of "no time to try others".

Rahul Tripathi was in excellent form during VHT, we wasted him here. Should have played Kishan and Tripathi together in a dead rubber.

15 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

They will be forced to play, but players like Kishan are high risk, high reward types. The minute they flop for 2-3 inns, seniors will replace them and will continue till the WC in excuse of "no time to try others".

That is exactly what happened with Kishan after an excellent T20I series vs SA in Jan 2022. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

If Gill is dropped in the 2nd test, and not the non-performing KL Rahul, then this team would take the next big step towards inefficiency, lack of professionalism and taking care of friends. 

Dont you think Kohlis record is worse than KLR for last 2 years?

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Definitely. But Superstars have the backing of big sponsors who create a lot of fuss if they get dropped.  Without it, Kohli would have been dropped much earlier.

Is this really a thing, because ignorantly I never actually realized this?

The best thread whoever opened and best thread to read. Kudos to all contributors.  It shows mentality of BCCI and Babu culture. I really want BCCI to be privatize and it will give us more trophies. Privatize with control from public committee. the committee should be formed without any political influence. 

31 minutes ago, Vijy said:

it is one of the primary reasons underlying selection of kela, boobi, brat, dhawan, etc.

I seriously and embarrassingly did not know this was fully the extent of the corruption.

I can understand some selections sure, but if Dhawan is selected for the WC, then its a joke.

I find it sad that I pray and hope for certain Indian players to get injured. (married/divorced/having a kid) to miss games for India.

As much as I loved and adored Tendulkar, he definitely overstayed his welcome. That 100th hundred was purely ego and personal to reach that milestone rather than whats best for Mother India.

Now, the only reason I cut Tendulkar some slack here, is because he played for India from the age of 16 and literally for many many years carried the entire hopes of the team on his batting alone. So in many ways he deserved to set his own terms when to retire.

However, India would still win many games, even if Kohli, Hitman, Dhoni etc failed with the bat, this was not the case with Sachin for a large portion of his career.

Thoughts from you guys, I love your comments and respect them.

@raki05@express bowling@Vijy@IndianRenegade