" Seniority " over " Current Ability ", as the main selection criterion, is preventing Team India from realizing its true potential

23 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

As much as I loved and adored Tendulkar, he definitely overstayed his welcome. That 100th hundred was purely ego and personal to reach that milestone rather than whats best for Mother India.

Now, the only reason I cut Tendulkar some slack here, is because he played for India from the age of 16 and literally for many many years carried the entire hopes of the team on his batting alone. So in many ways he deserved to set his own terms when to retire.

However, India would still win many games, even if Kohli, Hitman, Dhoni etc failed with the bat, this was not the case with Sachin for a large portion of his career.

Thoughts from you guys, I love your comments and respect them.

@raki05@express bowling@Vijy@IndianRenegade

Yup, that's right. Thankfully, i have started watching cricket around 94 when Tendulkar was at early stage of his career and by then he was already the main batsmen and opposition just wanted to get him out anyhow. He was just 21 then, and was already established and whole India was assembled to watch just Tendulkar bat, never felt same about any other batter till date. 

49 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

As much as I loved and adored Tendulkar, he definitely overstayed his welcome. That 100th hundred was purely ego and personal to reach that milestone rather than whats best for Mother India.

Now, the only reason I cut Tendulkar some slack here, is because he played for India from the age of 16 and literally for many many years carried the entire hopes of the team on his batting alone. So in many ways he deserved to set his own terms when to retire.

However, India would still win many games, even if Kohli, Hitman, Dhoni etc failed with the bat, this was not the case with Sachin for a large portion of his career.

Thoughts from you guys, I love your comments and respect them.

@raki05@express bowling@Vijy@IndianRenegade

it was true for sunny, for merchant, etc. the thing, however, is that both sunny and tendu actually had some capable batters alongside them. sunny had vengsarkar, vishy, amarnath, and sardesai (at diff parts of career). tendu had fab 5 for roughly 1/2 of career, and also had azhar fixer and sidhu.

15 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Kela's knocks as opener in ENG last year has accumulated enough goodwill for him to last a while. Not going anywhere. Same with Rohit.

It's Kohli who needs to be surgically removed. He's the cancer.

The 123 in the first test against Saf is what has granted him this 'senior' position in the team where he was also a captain somehow. Hasn't looked back since. 

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I seriously and embarrassingly did not know this was fully the extent of the corruption.

I can understand some selections sure, but if Dhawan is selected for the WC, then its a joke.

I find it sad that I pray and hope for certain Indian players to get injured. (married/divorced/having a kid) to miss games for India.

dhawan will surely be around for 2023, and I wouldn't rule him out making a "surprise" appearance in 2024 WT20 based on a half-decent IPL

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Every time we talk about dropping one of these oldies they come up with  this cliched crap  "Form is temporary  Class is permanent". Bull sh**.   Class won't win you matches. Form is more likely to win you matches. 

choosing players on form, rather than so-called class, is what enabled the late blooding and reblooding of effective players like hussey, chris rogers, phil jaques, simon katich, etc. aside from hussey, none may be world-class, but they were all very effective players

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

choosing players on form, rather than so-called class, is what enabled the late blooding and reblooding of effective players like hussey, chris rogers, phil jaques, simon katich, etc. aside from hussey, none may be world-class, but they were all very effective players

In form mediocre player is 10 times better than out of form great 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ishan Kishan not getting a chance in a dead rubber game even. This after scoring a 200+ in his last ODI. But we see quite a few other players getting in the team in this low importance game 

What kind of scam is this !!

only way Kishan could get in if Rahul or Rohit was dropped. That was not going to happen after last ODI

I'm glad they retained Gill