• England (5-0)
    • India (3-2)
    • Draw (2-2)
    • England (4-1)
    • India (4-1)
    • England (3-2)
  2. 2. Top Run Scorer

3. 3. Top Wicket Taker

General discussion thread for 5 match test series starting from 4th august. Love watching test series in England.

Surprised to see no talks or hype about this series actually. Predict series result, top run scorer, top wicket taker & mos.

My playing XI for 1st test:

Rohit

Pujara

Rahane

Kohli (c)

Rahul

Pant (wk)

Jadeja/Shardul

Ashwin

Siraj

Shami/Ishant

Bumrah/Ishant

Edited by Nikola

Eng 3-2

Root (but Hameed to be more irritating)

Robinson (Moeen destroying us at least once, but not enough matches for him)

India's consistent standout performers will be Jaddu (as AR), Siraj, Pant with 1-2 memorable performances each by Ashwin, Thakur, Rohit, Rahane, Shami. 

Think Kohli, Pujara, Bumrah, Mayank will have shockers. Ishant to struggle with fitness and likely to break down in middle of a test match, KLR won't justify this undeserved hype.

We will have chances but expecting chokes, and idiotic selection/tactics by you know who. Eng tail to torture us, our tail to torture us even more, at least 20 dropped catches across 5 tests, 3-4 tosses going England's way. 

Just now, Nikola said:

You need to understand we are playing in england with kohli as captain. Our best possible chance to win the series has to be 4-1.

bhai if that is an option 5-0 is too. Might as well go full dreamy :giggle:

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

My early prediction, it will not be straightforward for England. I expect a tight series & India winning it is not far fetched. 

Same here (gut feeling), but I don't want to raise expectations, easier to rationalize end results that way. No high hopes, if we lose fine, if we win it will be sweet like the Aus tour.

Captain Loli certainly doesn't give me any confidence, I have had enough of his stupidity and agenda fueled decision making. And his panautiness is off the charts. 

I don't think English batting is weaker than 2014/18 tours.

Hameed is going to be a pain in the ass. Burns did well against NZ, didn't he? Proper old school test opener who can grind.

Root in the form of his life, huge difference.

Stokes always a danger man, he will be hoping we don't play Ashwin. 

Buttler at #6/#7 another dangerman who can change complexion of the match in one session. Think he has finally turned the corner in test cricket, may see evidence of that in this series and Ashes at the end of the year.

Good lower middle order batsmen in Curran, Moeen, Woakes, think all 3 will feature after the 1st 2 tests. They bat deep which is always tricky for India, even Leach can hang around. 

Their #3 is a problem, need another reliable MO bat, but all test teams have weaknesses. Look at India (Che-Kohli-Rahane), look at Aus who rely on top 4.  

Expecting a tough series & tight games.  Hopefully Bumrah gets his act right & starts bowling well again & leaves wicket to wicket ODI trash. 

Rahul is my trump card for the series in batting department.  I have high hopes from the lad. 

Pujara might open & I don't want to see him in playing XI but who am I kidding he will play first test based on seniority. 

X factor players..  Surya (will def play 2 tests at least)  Pant Siraj Ashwin.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Same here (gut feeling), but I don't want to raise expectations, easier to rationalize end results that way. No high hopes, if we lose fine, if we win it will be sweet like the Aus tour.

Captain Loli certainly doesn't give me any confidence, I have had enough of his stupidity and agenda fueled decision making. And his panautiness is off the charts. 

I am looking forward to the pitches that are dished out for the 5 matches. England might be in mood for some retribution for what they encountered in Chennai & Ahmedabad.

However, their batting looks bang average bar Root. 

Just now, SK_IH said:

I am looking forward to the pitches that are dished out for the 5 matches. England might be in mood for some retribution for what they encountered in Chennai & Ahmedabad.

However, their batting looks bang average bar Root. 

They doctored their pitches in previous 2 tours as well. Twice in 2014, T2 in 2018 (though weather also played a part in that one). Hate it when they show their holier-than-thou attitude, among SENA teams Aus is the only one which doesn't do pitch doctoring.  

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

They doctored their pitches in previous 2 tours as well. Twice in 2014, T2 in 2018 (though weather also played a part in that one). Hate it when they show their holier-than-thou attitude, among SENA teams Aus is the only one which doesn't do pitch doctoring.  

Uhm aussies are masters of doctoring. Their pitches are tailored for their 6 foot 4 plus bowlers. Perfect doctoring. Just cause we have bowlers that bowl well there doesn't mean they don't doctor it. 

I dont understand how Indians just remain quiet about the sena nations attitude. Ashwin said it perfectly. Who makes these rules?

If englund doctoring their pitches then there is no reason why india can't for home conditions.