Best places to visit Mumbai

Singh bling

On food, you must try out stuff that you won’t get elsewhere in India. 

Malvani thali and sea food as others have mentioned. 
Pav bhaji, misal pav, sabudana wada and other maharashtrian snacks. There are many restaurant in Parle, Dadar and Thane that are par excellence. 
Parsi food. 

Edited by ravishingravi

19 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Finally My Maharashtra trip ended today . Visited Mumbai , Mahabaleshwar, Lavasa , Alibag. Also went in Pune Lonawala for brief time. Stupid lockdowns created lots of problems especially when one district is open and other is closed

You went all the way to Mumbai and did not meet @Mariyam. That is a wasted trip right there.

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Finally My Maharashtra trip ended today . Visited Mumbai , Mahabaleshwar, Lavasa , Alibag. Also went in Pune Lonawala for brief time. Stupid lockdowns created lots of problems especially when one district is open and other is closed

Verdict?

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Verdict?

I traveled in Mumbai around Saki Naka marol Ghatkopar.did not travel much because of tourist places shutdown.

The place is like Delhi of 90s . Buses in bad condition , taxi's in bad condition. Food is ok . Street food is good but did not like sweet Sambhar. While in Mahabaleshwar food was good people very friendly . One thing surprised me that Samosa very small one in roadside eateries is Rs.15 while Vada pav is also same rate .  Roads in Maharashtra even on hills are quite good. though at some places I found it small  but my brother who is very good driver and even drove on roads of Shimla and Uttarakhand said that these roads are nothing dangerous as compared to those. Overall it was beautiful experience and will definitely want to visit again once lockdown completely over

On 8/24/2021 at 4:07 AM, Yoda-esque said:
On 8/23/2021 at 5:54 PM, Singh bling said:
Did you go to tourist points because they close points on weekends including Friday

I went to the Dukes Retreat which offers great views.Yes ,they needed a reservation to stay but they allow you to go in, sit and take in the view.

View of expressway from the rooftop is awesome.

2 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

View of expressway from the rooftop is awesome.

Old Pune highway?

Isn't the expressway on the opposite side, ie towards Fariyas? 

I could be wrong. I'm bad at this. And those roads all mesh together at Lonavala. 

16 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Old Pune highway?

Isn't the expressway on the opposite side, ie towards Fariyas? 

I could be wrong. I'm bad at this. And those roads all mesh together at Lonavala. 

I an equally bad in directions but remember some resort staff telling me it's expressway. 

This resort and a long drive all over Konkan are in my bucket list, whenever I visit India next.