I feel Kishen is better than Pant in T20.

maniac

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Poor, which is why he lost his spot. But has had a spectacular return since being dropped, has done well in tests and ODIs, did okay in T20Is vs England, has a stellar IPL record...

Why is that record so bad? There has to be a reason, and what about the manner he's getting out in this series? Like a hack.

6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Purely subjective,if you think so

He didn't do bad for his first WC, he was also indifferently treated many times made to miss runs at home

He didn't mess up that day,top 3 did

You constantly bringing up his one 50 in the series while disregarding his previous failures, is subjective.

12 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

So him being close to setting a test record for most runs in a calendar year by an Indian keeper doesn't matter but his form in this test series matters! 

Yes, in cricket, current form is far more important than previous results.
I'd support Pant if he showed greater form and fitness in the IPL than Kishan, but he'll need to work on his balance at the crease and staying in shape when hitting.

But at present Kishan trumps him in all aspects.

28 minutes ago, speedheat said:

You constantly bringing up his one 50 in the series while disregarding his previous failures, is subjective.

And you are constantly missing his success,

I told you these conditions are really tough for a batsman,batsmen from both sides have failed on scoring runs consistently barring few

If he fails to impress even after this series in other conditions for sometime he will surely be under the pump but for now he has earned his spot

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

And you are constantly missing his success,

I told you these conditions are really tough for a batsman,batsmen from both sides have failed on scoring runs consistently barring few

I can't keep writing the same thing over and over again because you're not paying attention. I understand that conditions are tough, but the way he's been getting out is concerning which should put him below kissan.
A non-ignorant person can easily grasp the concept.

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:
10 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I can't keep writing the same thing over and over again because you're not paying attention. I understand that conditions are tough, but the way he's been getting out is concerning which should put him below kissan.

Lol,you are saying this?who has been answered for the same question  everytime

A non-ignorant person can easily grasp the concept.

Yes,that is what i want to tell you

Edited by Suhaan
6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Lol,you are saying this?who has been answered for the same question  everytime

Yes,that is what i want to tell you

What were your responses to my questions concerning his sloppy batting and irresponsible attitude during the series? Zero.

In fact, you're bringing in conditions as excuses.

It isn't the condition that is causing him to run after a wide one in order to get out.

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

What were your responses to my questions concerning his sloppy batting and irresponsible attitude during the series? Zero.

In fact, you're bringing in conditions as excuses.

It isn't the condition that is causing him to run after a wide one in order to get out.

No,you are ignoring the conditions altogether and things like him batting with the tail,he has his own way,not many are successful there,no one can curb his instincts,which has earned him success before,people find a way to score with their natural ability

He will surely graduate into a very good all conditions WK for India, especially in test cricket which India never had before him and has done enough to be called India's best ever in the longest format

Moot point is he getting out when balls are sliding across from leg stump to almost 3-4 stumps away from off stump. To avoid this  he is coming down to cut the movement and then playing some unnecessary shots.

Are we thinking that in UAE also balls will swing/seam that much ? Is there a need for him to change his normal  style and come down walking in UAE ?. I suppose no.

Hence his showing in ENG right now may not be right indicator.

But if he is not in form then preferring Kishan over Pant is fine. But  one should wait till IPL gets over to assess if he is in bad form . 

28 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

No,you are ignoring the conditions altogether and things like him batting with the tail,he has his own way,not many are successful there,no one can curb his instincts,which has earned him success before,people find a way to score with their natural ability

He will surely graduate into a very good all conditions WK for India, especially in test cricket which India never had before him and has done enough to be called India's best ever in the longest format

Wowl

Are the conditions compelling him to play a reckless shot? Lol. It's not like he's getting Jaffa from Andu and company, just stupid batting.
Another amusing explanation is tailenders; he usually batted with a sensible jaddu, and he was out most of the time even before he had to bat with tailenders.

Wowl

Are the conditions compelling him to play a reckless shot? Lol. It's not like he's getting Jaffa from Andu and company, just stupid batting.
Another amusing explanation is tailenders; he usually batted with a sensible jaddu, and he was out most of the time even before he had to bat with tailenders.

Conditions are difficult,no one can deny that

Him chasing deliveries is a by-product of making changes in his technique to cope with lateral movement,as i said he has a natural instinct to slash hard at deliveries chase deliveries,he has been successfull with this style of his up untill now, England is altogether different, people make changes in their technique to find a way to score runs

He is not a very technical,methodiacal guy ,he will surely have his share of troubles in seaming conditions as most find there

Jaddu has been too struggling with the bat

15 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Conditions are difficult,no one can deny that

Him chasing deliveries is a by-product of making changes in his technique to cope with lateral movement,as i said he has a natural instinct to slash hard at deliveries chase deliveries,he has been successfull with this style of his up untill now, England is altogether different, people make changes in their technique to find a way to score runs

He is not a very technical,methodiacal guy ,he will surely have his share of troubles in seaming conditions as most find there

Jaddu has been too struggling with the bat

If he is still experimenting with his technique, please let me know when he is done. At the moment he is struggling and there is no guarantee that he wouldn't repeat same mistakes in UAE although this IPL will give us a better idea.

If he's going to experiment with his technique, he'll have to learn to keep his balance while playing shots, and try not to lose bat shape when hitting.

Tell me when this is done.

3 hours ago, speedheat said:

That doesn't change the fact that he's a hack who is unreliable, I'm thinking of a WC 19 semi.He'd messed up far too many times before that 50 you are talking about.

You continue to ignore this fact.

Dude almost every batsmen has failed on english tours..what was kohlis 2014 record? 

Pant has a 114 on his last england tour and is the ONLY indian wicket keeper to have a century in england. Look at his average in australia and tell me how its just one innings? He has a 150+ in australia in 2018 and again is the only indian keeper to have that in australia 

Check out how many 100s our legends like dravid, laxman, sehwag had in england and Australia. Are they all lappebaaz too?

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Wowl

If the conditions can beat a defensive shot of pujara, rahane and kohli why cannot the condition beat an attacking shot which would otherwise be successful?

22 hours ago, speedheat said:

If he is still experimenting with his technique, please let me know when he is done. At the moment he is struggling and there is no guarantee that he wouldn't repeat same mistakes in UAE although this IPL will give us a better idea.

If he's going to experiment with his technique, he'll have to learn to keep his balance while playing shots, and try not to lose bat shape when hitting.

Tell me when this is done.

Batsmen have their pros and cons,he is still learning ,he will loose shape but will still score,

He has scores which no Indian keeper has ever made in SENA,but as i told you people like him will often perish in conditions like these ,but will imorove with time, players like him are backed and should be backed around the world