UPDATE: England vs India Manchester Test cancelled

Gollum

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

How 2-2 if the game will be rescheduled?

Look the reschedule game will be a one off test iff that happens. 

Series result has been left to ICC as of now..  Chief didn't clarify yet but he said clearly rescheduled test won't be part of the series.  Cricbuzz has given whole story about it

Edited by Lone Wolf
25 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

So what do you propose happens mishraji?

Honestly speaking, ICC have no choice but to declare series 2-1 in Indias favour. Because there will be more matches falling into this situation in cming couple of years. As far as loss to ECB is concerned, BCCI can as good will gesture add couple of odis in nxt fixture. Playing a oneoff test match somewhere 300+ days later makes no sense.

Also. ICC has to finalise some policy as to what to do in case players refuse to take the field due to corona. It can’t award the match or force players. 

This is a fast moving and lengthy thread - which is to say I haven’t read it all.

Why can’t the BCCI simply say we will wait for 2-4 days with players in total isolation?   If too many players test positive in the next round, well we ask to postpone the Test.  Assuming we can’t fly players on from India as back up.

If enough players test negative, we have a game. 

Now meanwhile the IPL starts on schedule  (19 Sep)

As for the Indians in England who test positive in 2-4 days, well they’re done anyway and probably can’t play the IPL anyway.  At best recovery and isolation and maybe play later. 

Those Indian players who do test negative and play the Test simply postpone their IPL appearance by 2-4 days.  It means some loss of income, but hey - you’re playing for your country. 

I understand that franchises will also suffer, but this is a  deciding Test in a crucial series we are talking about.  Make it happen

Edited by NameGoesHere
6 minutes ago, mishra said:

^ Its not a case of 3-4 days. In case u are in covid contact  with someone, it requires at-least a rt pcr test on  8th day to be sure that u are not Covid positive. Players don’t want 8 day quarantine and then play a test on day 9

Then I’d amend my timeline but not my stand.  Players should be isolated for 8-9 days 

Just now, NameGoesHere said:

Then I’d amend my timeline but not my stand.  Players should be isolated for 8-9 days 

I don’t think u actually understand gravity of 9 day quarantine. I have been in hotel quarantine and it bloody plays with your brain. Its worse then a prison sentence. Player will need a week to recover when they come out of quarantine. And add a week of training. So we are talking about match to be starting end of September or first week of October. English Weather won’t and can’t let a test match at that time. 

Players are humans too. We want to see them play but we can’t make them sick

1 minute ago, mishra said:

I don’t think u actually understand gravity of 9 day quarantine. I have been in hotel quarantine and it bloody plays with your brain. Its worse then a prison sentence. Player will need a week to recover when they come out of quarantine. And add a week of training. So we are talking about match to be starting end of September or first week of October. English Weather won’t and can’t let a test match at that time. 

I have been in an isolation room for 15 days when I got COVID.  But not something like you describe. Sounds pretty terrible.  

Also I’m not sure if one week to recover and one week to train holds.  I’m pretty sure it could be compressed- hugely.

Anyway,  we shall see what happens. 

25 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Whether it’s the ECB prioritising the 100 ball exhibition matches or the BCCI bit wanting to jeopardise the IPL, no one except the fans seem to care about the longer and true form of the game. I’m *ing sick of it 

Tbh, most Indian and IPL fans are highly disappointed that the test isn't happening. They were really looking forward to a potential series victory. 

Just now, NameGoesHere said:

I have been in an isolation room for 15 days when I got COVID.  But not something like you describe. Sounds pretty terrible.  

Also I’m not sure if one week to recover and one week to train holds.  I’m pretty sure it could be compressed- hugely.

Anyway,  we shall see what happens. 

Bcci/ecb may rent few street say in remote scoottish part. Put players there with family individually and let them go out freely in a park or some sort so that players can breathe some fresh air. My be arrange some weights and treadmill and nets. Thats only way i can see players can agree playing by end of week 2.

You are right, being restricted to a room and small area and not being able to comeout effs ur brain and ur physique

2 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

The guidelines have been changing as the series has progressed. They've relaxed the rules. There is a video in this thread where Boria Majumdar has explained this. 

Then that person is stupid who relaxed rules. This Covid **** is real. No Vaccination can prevent this untill the number of case will be ZERO. Those who are facing mental health issue in bubble can stay at home. This is next level *ery.. Credit to Cricket Australia who managed to host us last year..

22 minutes ago, mishra said:

And being part of a gregarious culture worsens the impact.

BTW, one of my friend went crazy for 10 days of first lockdown and had to "volunteer" to food distribution program to fight the mental "damage".

2 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

And being part of a gregarious culture worsens the impact.

BTW, one of my friend went crazy for 10 days of first lockdown and had to "volunteer" to food distribution program to fight the mental "damage".

Why do you think Stoksey decided to pull out of India England test series. If i am to guess , it must be these bio bubbles which made him realize he needs a break.