How would the whole situation play out if there was no IPL happening right after?

SecondSlip

If England had all their support staff covid positive, would they not have postponed the match? County matches have been cancelled/postponed due to one positive case, here we have had 4 cases.

O IPL, it's there in the schedule. Everyone was aware. The grumpy and salty Michael Holdings of ICF may hate IPL as much as they want, it is an important tournament for the BCCI. Once it was clear 5th test cannot be rescheduled, they quickly got into action to ensure player availability for the IPL. Only thing they could have done was to delay their departure from England by a couple of days.

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If England had all their support staff covid positive, would they not have postponed the match? County matches have been cancelled/postponed due to one positive case, here we have had 4 cases.

O IPL, it's there in the schedule. Everyone was aware. The grumpy and salty Michael Holdings of ICF may hate IPL as much as they want, it is an important tournament for the BCCI. Once it was clear 5th test cannot be rescheduled, they quickly got into action to ensure player availability for the IPL. Only thing they could have done was to delay their departure from England by a couple of days.

What wrong with the players missing a few IPL games ?  

If there was no IPL, there would been some other series. Cricket calenders are so congested these days. No chance team was ready to play the game the next day even if there was no IPL. They would have taken at least 2-3 days. Covid in itself is a huge phobia. I was a close contact of a Covid positive. When I got to know about him being positive, fatt ke hath me aa gayi thi. I had isolated myself for 7 days. Players are also humans.  They are not machines. 

Just now, rkt.india said:

If there was no IPL, there would been some other series. Cricket calenders are so congested these days. No chance team was ready to play the game the next day even if there was no IPL. They would have taken at least 2-3 days. Covid in itself is a huge phobia. I was a close contact of a Covid positive. When I got to know about him being positive, fatt ke hath me aa gayi thi. I had isolated myself for 7 days. Players are also humans.  They are not machines. 

These players were close contacts right when shastri got infected in the book signing as per this arguement the last two days of the fourth test should not have happened . 

47 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

What wrong with the players missing a few IPL games ?  

Firstly ECB did not agree to starting the test after a couple of days due to logistical reasons. Basically they wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Practical world doesn't work like that 

On missing IPL games, why should players be expected to miss on their professional commitments? Why would BCCI dilute it's premium product which provides for its 70% revenues?

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Firstly ECB did not agree to starting the test after a couple of days due to logistical reasons. Basically they wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Practical world doesn't work like that 

On missing IPL games, why should players be expected to miss on their professional commitments? Why would BCCI dilute it's premium product which provides for its 70% revenues?

Well don’t site covid fears as reason to not play the last game . You are making my point ,  ultimately it comes down moolah that ipl rakes in ..

you don’t need to blame it on covid , just accept the fact the ipl is more important. If that’s the case why even play in England ? 

2 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

Well don’t site covid fears as reason to not play the last game . You are making my point ,  ultimately it comes down moolah that ipl rakes in ..

you don’t need to blame it on covid , just accept the fact the ipl is more important. If that’s the case why even play in England ? 

In one post you say cricket should have been postponed right after Shastri's positive test. Next you say don't cite covid fears (the main reason for the cancellation).

Can you make up your mind what exactly you are trying to say? 

14 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

These players were close contacts right when shastri got infected in the book signing as per this arguement the last two days of the fourth test should not have happened . 

Players were not close contacts of Shastri. Shastri's close contacts were bharat arun, Vikram rathaur and main Physio and trainer who all got isolated. Players were the close contacts of physio Yogesh Parmar who was the only support staff left after others got isolated.

9 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

Again there was no outbreak in the playing eleven . 

Why did England run away from South Africa?  They had no cases.

Why were county matches being postponed for a single case of suspected covid cases?

Why were premier league matches being rescheduled to end of the season for Covid? 

What would England do if they had 4 staff members down with Covid?

8 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

IPL is starting on 19, test was played between 10-14. So how it got cancelled because of IPL? 

24 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

Again there was no outbreak in the playing eleven . 

So you want india to play without any suppot staff , Physio, coaches. And you are saying in hindsight no outbreak. Who knows if they continued playing there,where  so many suppot memeber tested positive some  players or their family memeber might have got infected.Do you think eng would have played in same scenario if some their coaches and suppot staf have infected during any overseas tour. Eng just ran away from sa just on a hint of that one player might have infected.