Why has RCB never tried ABD as opener?

Majestic

In T20s, the simple rule is that your best players face most deliveries and maximize the run scoring.

ABD has been RCB's best player for quite a long time. But he has been restricted to final 7-8 overs of the game not only this season but in past too.

Why has RCB never thought of trying ABD as opener?

10 minutes ago, Lord said:

AB has never opened. Maxwell can be tried

He was tried as opener for South Africa in T20s for few games. I think before WT20 2016, he played one knock of 71(29) as opener vs England.

But during the same time, Amla was doing well too and got a hundred I think just before World T20. With QDk back, they sent ABD back to 4.

Edited by Majestic

9 hours ago, Nikola said:

I remember he used to open in test matches around 2004-06

He also opened in ODIs. In the 2007 WC he was Smith's opening partner. RCB cannot afford to have him open because the rest of the batting is crap. They need him desperately for mid to late overs. If he falls cheaply as opener, they are toast. Kohli is past it and Maxi is a fraud who reliably combusts when the heat is on. Then there is Sachin Baby, Srikar Bharat etc who just make up the numbers. 

7 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

because RCB has a genius who not only will open for RCB but will soon open for India and push Rahul to 5.  

Kohli has done well whenever he has opened for India in t20s so its not an area of concern. Example- the previous series vs eng where he was MOTS