Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

12 minutes ago, nsareen said:

i would request everyone not to go overboard & later get dejected.. keep hopes but i see people here tend to go overboard.. kid had a point to prove & hence bowled as fast as he can, not fair to compare with rabada & others as i’m sure they are not bowling full tilt because they are wary of their workload due to the upcoming world cup. so don’t be surprised if his pace drops by a few km’s or suddenly rabada & others look even more threatening because those professionals understand body & fitness & can change gears on demand.

happy for umran , hopefully we see a lot of him in the future but i would not want to go overboard and say he is the fastest & bla bla bla & look stupid later..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabada was never that fast consistently like 150, more in 140-145 range. There was only one IPL he bowled really fast but then got injured. Since then has been bowling slower. Nortje and Lockie are bowling their usual pace. Missing Wood, Archer and Starc this IPL. Umran can get even quicker with some strength and fitness work. I can see that potential. He is only going to turn 22. Slingers can be the quickest bowlers ever.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Rabada was never that fast consistently like 150, more in 140-145 range. There was only one IPL he bowled really fast but then got injured. Since then has been bowling slower. Nortje and Lockie are bowling their usual pace. Missing Wood, Archer and Starc this IPL. Umran can get even quicker with some strength and fitness work. I can see that potential. He is only going to turn 22. Slingers can be the quickest bowlers ever.

He has easily crossed 145kmph many a times, lets not even debate that. Nortje & Lockie i believe would put more effort in international matches than the IPL, purely because there are so many matches these bowlers have to play & to remain fit, it''ll be stupid of them to keep bowling at their usual pace.. Coming to umran, if he gains pace, good for him, but if he drops pace, people should understand the pace is not consistent as the conditions are also not consistent..

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

IPL has given us Bumrah, Natarajan, Umran etc and has made guys like Pant, Thakur, Chahar (both), Siraj, Kishan, etc popular and even Ashwin back in the day. I would also call them ungrateful Holdings of ICF :no:

All of those players also excelled in ranji prior to ipl though. Even nattu is no slouch. Averages 26 in first class. 

Only chahar is a dud. 

11 minutes ago, nsareen said:

He has easily crossed 145kmph many a times, lets not even debate that. Nortje & Lockie i believe would put more effort in international matches than the IPL, purely because there are so many matches these bowlers have to play & to remain fit, it''ll be stupid of them to keep bowling at their usual pace.. Coming to umran, if he gains pace, good for him, but if he drops pace, people should understand the pace is not consistent as the conditions are also not consistent..

Yes but not 150. Was never a consistent 150 bowler. Lockie, Archer, Nortje are 150 bowlers 

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I want him to focus on tests. A good test bowler can excel in any format. 

Hope he maintains his fitness and plays tests for india. Kid looks special. He has talent. He needs to get stronger now. 

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes but not 150. Was never a consistent 150 bowler. Lockie, Archer, Nortje are 150 bowlers 

i suspected you stay a bit disillusioned...

https://www.iplt20.com/stats/2019/fastest-balls  .. What can you observe from this link, will be waiting for one of you stupid reasons of why rabada was doing this.. maybe faulty speed guns, or he was bowling from 18 yards & bla bla

7 minutes ago, nsareen said:

https://www.iplt20.com/stats/2019/fastest-balls  .. What can you observe from this link, will be waiting for one of you stupid reasons of why rabada was doing this.. maybe faulty speed guns, or he was bowling from 18 yards & bla bla

I think you didn't read what I wrote above. This was the season Rabada bowled really quick. I had mentioned that already above. 

24 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Look at that lit and Saini being there so many times with 150+ speed. Plagued by injuries since then and perhaps not as motivated either. A sad story of what could have been...

38 minutes ago, nsareen said:

I feel you are wrong at accessing situation here. I think what you see in IPL is best a foreign player can deliver. There could be a small burst of nationalism and situation in world cup where players do 110% and don’t care about injury if they think trophy is in sight but thats about it. You can go and check bowling average , average speed and so on for these bowlers.

So assumption that Rabada will bring more fire in internationals is absolutely wrong. Only time you can say major difference is if a bowler is nursing a injury during IPL

59 minutes ago, Jay said:

I want him to focus on tests. A good test bowler can excel in any format. 

Pet chalane ke liye he has to play ipl.. they are from a lower middle class background.. hopefully next year he breaks all Records and gets a bumper deal takng care of his financial needs once and for ever.. 

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

IPL has given us Bumrah, Natarajan, Umran etc and has made guys like Pant, Thakur, Chahar (both), Siraj, Kishan, etc popular and even Ashwin back in the day. I would also call them ungrateful Holdings of ICF :no:

dont forget our biggest hope sir.. as of now. Varun C 

5 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Pet chalane ke liye he has to play ipl.. they are from a lower middle class background.. hopefully next year he breaks all Records and gets a bumper deal takng care of his financial needs once and for ever.. 

Do we directly assume that any lesser known player is from lower middle class background.

59 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

A small consideration - Rabada has done it in Tests over a longer period of time. Other you have named, except Starc, are Test novices.

33 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Long time.. pardon me i havent ever seen any.. aaron was the nearest but he too was max 145/146

Aah. Saini in 2019 bowled at least a dozen deliveries over 150! Even Prasidh touched 150 in 2019. Plus we had Shami and Aaron bowling 150! Check this link https://www.iplt20.com/stats/2019/fastest-balls

Siraj and Mavi touched 150 in 2018

Then on the same link if you look at previous seasons, both Umesh and Aaron have touched 150/149.5+ multiple times.

Umran is getting more attention because he is only 21 and has come out of nowhere whereas the others had played some FC cricket before touching 150.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Look at that lit and Saini being there so many times with 150+ speed. Plagued by injuries since then and perhaps not as motivated either. A sad story of what could have been...

even Prasidh was hitting 150. lost of bowlers were bowling really quick in that season even from India Saini, Prasidh hitting 150, Ishant and Bumrah also hit 149. Shivam Mavi hit 149.86 and 149.85 in 2018, Sirj 149.94 in 2018, Sran 149, Avesh 149 in 2018

1 hour ago, Jay said:

All of those players also excelled in ranji prior to ipl though. Even nattu is no slouch. Averages 26 in first class. 

Only chahar is a dud. 

Yes but they came into the limelight due to IPL. Without it, Nattu would be slogging in ranji without a call up. There are several ranji players who never represented India in any formats. IPL has changed that.

44 minutes ago, neel roy said:

dont forget our biggest hope sir.. as of now. Varun C 

I keep forgetting him. I can only hope the selectors don't forget him

52 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Long time.. pardon me i havent ever seen any.. aaron was the nearest but he too was max 145/146

Aaron was quicker than Mitch Johnson on 215 Aus tour. even on NZ tour 2014 after coming back from injury in ODIs , he bowled one over consistently around 147-150 in an ODI that i remember. hit 152 plus in an ODI against SL at home though got injured in that game. that over was expresses against SL, consistently 150-152kph.