Let this one go for Thala

maniac

I know a some of you are not big fans of MSD but the guy is Indias greatest captain in terms of results.

Looking at Dhoni the player I think it’s curtains for him. I think he is transitioning   into more admin roles based on his role as a mentor in WT20.

Knowing Dhoni he might just quit secretly with an obscure Instagram video on the upcoming Republic day as a proud honorary  army man.

So good chance we may not see him play in the IPL, so let’s keep our differences aside and let this one slide for Thala :hail:

6 hours ago, maniac said:

I know a some of you are not big fans of MSD but the guy is Indias greatest captain in terms of results.

Looking at Dhoni the player I think it’s curtains for him. I think he is transitioning   into more admin roles based on his role as a mentor in WT20.

Knowing Dhoni he might just quit secretly with an obscure Instagram video on the upcoming Republic day as a proud honorary  army man.

So good chance we may not see him play in the IPL, so let’s keep our differences aside and let this one slide for Thala :hail:

There are talks about CSK retaining him for the mega auction

I think KKR/DC winning will be a massive boost for Indian cricket. Especially KKR, who have managed to come so far in this tournament without arguably their most important player being available to them for most of the UAE leg and have absolutely insane momentum right now, built majorly on the back of performances by their Indian core

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Best tribute to Thala will be to see a young Indian captain, despite all his leadership deficiencies, winning his side's first ever IPL. Will be a story for the ages.

I dotn think pant has deficiencies, he is an instinctive captain like Dhoni. If giving Curran final over was deficient, so was giving joginder sharma the last over 

20 minutes ago, New guy said:

I dotn think pant has deficiencies, he is an instinctive captain like Dhoni. If giving Curran final over was deficient, so was giving joginder sharma the last over 

You keep quoting this stupid example. What you don't understand is that if Dhoni had the option of rabada, he would never have given the final to Joginder.

22 minutes ago, New guy said:

Wrong comparison. No captain will give the last over of a T20 to a spinner(bhaji) against a good player of spin like Misbah, if he has an over of a pacer left. JS played the match as a front line bowler. 

Pant had an over of Rabada, a much superior pacer, left. 

3 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Wrong comparison. No captain will give the last over of a T20 to a spinner(bhaji) against a good player of spin like Misbah, if he has an over of a pacer left. JS played the match as a front line bowler. 

Pant had an over of Rabada, a much superior pacer, left. 

10 minutes ago, speedheat said:

You keep quoting this stupid example. What you don't understand is that if Dhoni had the option of rabada, he would never have given the final to Joginder.

Is this the same rabada who gave 15 in his.last over against RCB, 12 runs in his last over vs MI when MI only scored 129, 21 runs in his last over againt kkr when kkr was only chasing 127, 14 runs in the 19th over when SRH only scored 134, 23 runs in his last 2 overs vs punjab etc etc etc in the UAE leg?

Rabada has literally been dog shiite at death in every single match. Wierd how those who have short term memories call others stupid

42 minutes ago, New guy said:

Is this the same rabada who gave 15 in his.last over against RCB, 12 runs in his last over vs MI when MI only scored 129, 21 runs in his last over againt kkr when kkr was only chasing 127, 14 runs in the 19th over when SRH only scored 134, 23 runs in his last 2 overs vs punjab etc etc etc in the UAE leg?

Rabada has literally been dog shiite at death in every single match. Wierd how those who have short term memories call others stupid

Those were against different teams under different conditions.
Rabda bowled brilliantly that day, conceding only 23 runs in three overs, on a pitch with good bounce, ideal for his style of bowling.

Moreover, Rabad is the same bowler who defended 9runs against a much better msd.

Edited by speedheat

1 hour ago, New guy said:

He is only starting out as a leader. Has already improved vs where he was at the start of the season. On deficiencies, not bowling out Axar on that pitch wasn't a great call. Curran over Rabada was a poor call. Sending Axar at 4 was another questionable call. His first knockout game as a captain. He will only get better.

Still in with a great chance to become the youngest captain to win IPL.

40 minutes ago, New guy said:

it doesnt matter about rabadas recent record against other batsman. 60 yer old senior citizen would not have been able to hit out 145k rabada. you're not getting it.

and the joginder sharma comparison is nonsense. dhoni isnt an idiot. he wouldnt have chosen joginder if he had even a tenth as good alternative.

16 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Those were against different teams under different conditions.
Rabda bowled brilliantly that day, conceding only 23 runs in three overs, on a pitch with good bounce, ideal for his style of bowling.

Moreover, Rabad is the same bowler who defended 9runs against a much better msd.

Rabada was bowling brilliantly every match till death overs

13 minutes ago, sage said:

it doesnt matter about rabadas recent record against other batsman. 60 yer old senior citizen would not have been able to hit out 145k rabada. you're not getting it.

and the joginder sharma comparison is nonsense. dhoni isnt an idiot. he wouldnt have chosen joginder if he had even a tenth as good alternative.

9 out of 10 captaun would have gone with bhajji instead of joginder

And it was not a idiot move, it was a brilliant move, any other bowler would have lost that world cup

12 minutes ago, New guy said:

9 out of 10 captaun would have gone with bhajji instead of joginder

And it was not a idiot move, it was a brilliant move, any other bowler would have lost that world cup

dhoni did not have a rabada-esque bowler to choose. his options were severely limited. even if this hypothetical Indian rabada in 2007 had been costly he would have bowled him ahead of joginder if he had the choice.

55 minutes ago, sage said:

dhoni did not have a rabada-esque bowler to choose. his options were severely limited. even if this hypothetical Indian rabada in 2007 had been costly he would have bowled him ahead of joginder if he had the choice.

IMO he wouldn't, he wanted pace off.

And as i said, if he had chosen anyone else, we would 100% have lost considering how well misbah was hitting the ball. It was only joginder which made him causal and he played that stupid shot and because of his lack of pace it didnt carry over Sreesanth