Jump to content
Austin 3:!6

At least 3 killed, Durga Puja pandals vandalised in Bangladesh

Recommended Posts

Several incidents of attacks on Durga Puja pandals and idols have been reported from Bangladesh, as per local media reports.

Violence erupted after some posts on social media alleged desecration of the Quran at a puja venue in Comilla, according to a local media report. However, the police could not control the angry mob.

Ground reports say at least three people were killed in an attack on a Durga Puja pandal in Bangladesh.

Following Cumilla violence, incidents of vandalism were also reported from temples in Chandpur’s Hajiganj, Chattogram’s Banshkhali and Cox’s Bazar's Pekua, the report said.

The government has reportedly deployed paramilitary forces in the areas where violence took place.

The photographs of the puja mandap which was attacked were shared by Bangladesh Hindu Unity Council.

 

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/mob-durga-puja-pandals-vandalised-bangladesh-dhaka-1864698-2021-10-14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

How come this news is not carried on NYT/Guardian yet? 

Doesn't fit the agenda. 

 

And such things are seen as "normal" in the countries with "peaceful" majorities, so not novel or newsworthy.  

 

I have seen some Bangladeshis have vicious anti-India and anti-hindu views - its not a fringe position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

There is a reason why this country has been trampled upon. I can’t think of any civilization as inclusive as Hindu one. But we keep falling head over heels. Gandhi was not wrong when he asked Hindus to get slaughtered for their Muslim brethren. There is deep rooted weakness in the our ways. 

 

 

 

Its a tweet for survival- the same way the KP pharmacist murdered was preaching peace and harmony with Islam.

 

If Hindus dont pick up arms for self defence and give the same treatment back to muslims you will see the same defeatist/cowardice attitudes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must be hell living there for hindus...  Picture doing rounds that Quran was being kept in the hands of a Hindu idol..  Now why would a minority attempt this thing?   Islamists needed any motive to stop Durga puja & now they have well n truly succeeded. 

Things will be worse for minorities if Hasina loses the next election. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

MEA should speak up on the issue..  It's all happening in our neighbourhood after all.  Media will stay silent both Modi ones & Anti modi ones..  As it doesn't help both of their agendas. 


I think there are multiple issues here. Speaking on the issue directly would get the wrath of Bangladesh who we don’t want to antagonize. Especially with belligerent China and pak on other side. This has to be done through pseudo channels. 
 

And if we know anything about our PM, it’s that he doesn’t speak on anything literally. Unless he wants to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:


I think there are multiple issues here. Speaking on the issue directly would get the wrath of Bangladesh who we don’t want to antagonize. Especially with belligerent China and pak on other side. This has to be done through pseudo channels. 
 

And if we know anything about our PM, it’s that he doesn’t speak on anything literally. Unless he wants to. 

I get the Geopolitical mess this can create as it unfortunately is Bangladesh's internal issue & Hasina is pro India voice in Bangladesh.   Sadly Hindus are on their own over there no matter how hard we try.  If only International media picked up on this perhaps something noteworthy could have come out if it but ain't happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I get the Geopolitical mess this can create as it unfortunately is Bangladesh's internal issue & Hasina is pro India voice in Bangladesh.   Sadly Hindus are on their own over there no matter how hard we try.  If only International media picked up on this perhaps something noteworthy could have come out if it but ain't happening. 


Actually from PM’s perspective with every such incident case for CAA becomes stronger and the sangh will use this as narrative in bengal. As for Hindus in Bangladesh, all one can say is that there is nothing surprising in what has transpired. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:


Actually from PM’s perspective with every such incident case for CAA becomes stronger and the sangh will use this as narrative in bengal. As for Hindus in Bangladesh, all one can say is that there is nothing surprising in what has transpired. 

Even if NRC is not implemented in whole of India I would take that but it is must for security of the country that NRC must get implemented in West Bengal & Assam. 

 

CAA is anyways for those till 2014 & is smaller fish compared to the elephant in the room NRC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

chalo ji. fixed

Modi ji is an excellent poll and PRmanager. He is NOT a leader. 

 

And in general hindus consider detachment and giving up as a batch of virtue.  They have become too soft to fight baribarians. They would rather fight for promotion in office.

 

Replace hindus with otber race . They would have hung these barbarians by balls. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...