South Africa A vs India A : Nov/Dec 2021 (3 Un official test at Bloemfontein)

Negi95

22 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

If they are going to let the India A tour continue, then why not just designate that team is the India team to represent us in the India-SA Odis/t20s/tests. The India based veterans (Virat, Rohit, Pujara etc) can continue to rest. 

Money matters. Unknowns don't bring revenue.

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pitch has lot more in it for pacers than 1st game.  Kishan played a good inns under pressure.  Now let's see how Sarfaraz & Vihari take it from here.  Tail is pretty useless.  African Tailenders added a bit too much I think. 

Not much apart from that Jansen kid.

Yet another tall Jamieson-lite in the making?

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Last wicket stand might be the difference.  India A let it slip in the end.  Jansen looked quite better actually.  Potential was visible.  Maybe another Klusner for Saffers. 

Jansen that plays for Mumbai? He is good. Man we need a real tall pacer who can actually bat and bowl long spells. Not ghada whose prime ended in 2019.

51 minutes ago, afan said:

Vihari is just 28,  and he can roll his arms with some Off-breaks.

He needs to be selected for the SA tour, and I hope he makes some runs there.

He can do no worse than Pujara or Rahane 

Yep. 

He'll he would have done well in India. He averages close to 60 

2 hours ago, afan said:

Vihari is just 28,  and he can roll his arms with some Off-breaks.

He needs to be selected for the SA tour, and I hope he makes some runs there.

He can do no worse than Pujara or Rahane 

While Pujara & Rahane are indeed useless & waste of space...  South African grounds & pitches favor free flowing batters & with solid back foot scoring players. 

Gill can be the guy who can deal with the bounce of Nortje & Olivier that they will generate at Wanderers Joburg 1st test which is a super fast scoring ground. 

Rohit

Rahul

Gill

Kohli

Iyer

Pant

This will be my batting order in South Africa.  4 pacers would be Shardul Bumrah Siraj Prasidh/Umesh.  Someone should talk some sense into Dravid & back the guys who are likely to succeed. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

While Pujara & Rahane are indeed useless & waste of space...  South African grounds & pitches favor free flowing batters & with solid back foot scoring players. 

Gill can be the guy who can deal with the bounce of Nortje & Olivier that they will generate at Wanderers Joburg 1st test which is a super fast scoring ground. 

Rohit

Rahul

Gill

Kohli

Iyer

Pant

This will be my batting order in South Africa.  4 pacers would be Shardul Bumrah Siraj Prasidh/Umesh.  Someone should talk some sense into Dravid & back the guys who are likely to succeed. 

Not sure if management is dumb or just acting dumb. Surely they know the difference between hit the deck and swing bowler. 

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Iyer?? For SA?

Because he scored a  couple of good innings on a slow low track in Kanpur?

Waah.

Anyone will be an upgrade over Pujara & Rahane.  Iyer is severe on the cut & could be a productive shot for him over there.  His Temperament is best among most of our batters.  Defending too much is not an option in SA especially on highveld venues.  You need fast run scorers.  Won't be a bad call I think. 

Among our army of trundlers Porel looks most promising.  His channel balls are Woakes esque & he gets something outta good length.   Nagwaswalla is clearly not cut out for this.  Saini ain't reliable anymore but can be decent for us in ODIs. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
27 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Among our army of trundlers Porel looks most promising.  His channel balls are Woakes esque & he gets something outta good length.   Nagwaswalla is clearly not cut out for this.  Saini ain't reliable anymore but can be decent for us in ODIs. 

Porel is still raw.

He has height in his favor, but hasn't demonstrated the consistency or pace that marks out the top prospects.  

If he stays injury free and keeps developing, he'll play for India no doubt.