4. Kohli

5. Shreyas

6. Pant

7. Jadeja / Ashwin

8. Shardul

9. Saini

10. Bumrah 

11. Siraj

The biggest problem with the team you picked is that its most likely to win the series.

It appears that is the least concern to the BCCI.

All jokes aside, you have a batsmen at every post (bar Kohli) capable of delivering a match winning knock and importantly at a healthy Test match SR and has done so in the last two years. Early wicket lost, ensures that Gill at 3 can accelerate the score without playing like Tuk tuk Pujara. Iyer and Pant can take a par score to a match winning total.

Love Jaddu/Ash with Shardul here. Potentially a useful contribution from this partnership.

Not sure who to open the bowling with I like Bumrah and Siraj, then over to Saini and Shardul with Ash/Jaddu.

If I was Gill or Iyer I would learn the art of how to part time bowl to ensure my place in the side.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:33 AM, express bowling said:

1. Rohit

2. Rahul

3. Gill

4. Kohli

5. Shreyas

6. Pant

7. Jadeja / Ashwin

8. Shardul

9. Saini

10. Bumrah 

11. Siraj

this would be the best XI we can field, except that in an ideal world, sundar should replace Rat. better batter and bowler on current form. if and when Rat arrives at the crease, maharaj + olivier/sturman will be unleashed on him.

10 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Looking at the squad :facepalm:this could be the playing 11

Rohit

Rahul

Chepu

Kohli

Rahane

Vihari

Pant

Shardul/Ashwin

Bumrah

Shami

Ishant 

:facepalm:

So why do you think they will play Pujara and Rahane together again?

If form is an indicator, then they are definitely not in top form

40 minutes ago, afan said:

Why would they select 2 senior blokes and not play them. And if they don't what's the point in picking them, could have gone with young players. 

2 hours ago, afan said:

It makes sense to be fair. Its based on BCCI stupidity and  Kohli's idiocy.

Lets give the veterans another chance before retiring them.

India will lose the first test and be 0-1 down then expect inexperienced players to perform well when the opposition has momentum in an SENA test match.

You play the kids or at least rotate them when the team is winning so they are accustomed to playing in a positive and winning environment.

Make no mistake, India would have won the 1st Test v NZ if Siraj played ahead of Ishant. Even if Siraj didnt take a wicket he would not have created a negative effect on the team via his bowling.

Rohit  motu soan papadi

Rahul shetty 

Puji chappatiwallah

Kohli GOAT 

Gill Tendulkar ka beta in law

Pant fatso

Ashwini suryaputra

Thakur thalapathy

Siraj. Miyan bhai

Bumrah. Chuckrah

Shami sexting kar key ayaaaaaa

This is likely and possible within the realms of kohli's intellect. I would swap pujara for someone like mayank or iyer

And get rid of kphli for perhaps sarfraz who looks In good form now. Ideally sundar at 5 would be nice too. 

Bowling I would have prasidh instead of shami but it is what it is. 

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

It makes sense to be fair. Its based on BCCI stupidity and  Kohli's idiocy.

Lets give the veterans another chance before retiring them.

India will lose the first test and be 0-1 down then expect inexperienced players to perform well when the opposition has momentum in an SENA test match.

You play the kids or at least rotate them when the team is winning so they are accustomed to playing in a positive and winning environment.

Make no mistake, India would have won the 1st Test v NZ if Siraj played ahead of Ishant. Even if Siraj didnt take a wicket he would not have created a negative effect on the team via his bowling.

These losers never learn their lessons do they?

On 12/9/2021 at 12:29 PM, Jay said:

Rohit  motu soan papadi

Rahul shetty 

Puji chappatiwallah

Kohli GOAT 

Gill Tendulkar ka beta in law

Pant fatso

Ashwini suryaputra

Thakur thalapathy

Siraj. Miyan bhai

Bumrah. Chuckrah

Shami sexting kar key ayaaaaaa

This is likely and possible within the realms of kohli's intellect. I would swap pujara for someone like mayank or iyer

And get rid of kphli for perhaps sarfraz who looks In good form now. Ideally sundar at 5 would be nice too. 

Bowling I would have prasidh instead of shami but it is what it is. 

Lol but mama thakur instead of thalapathy

34 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Lol but mama thakur instead of thalapathy

from that 11 dude, we only have 4 good outfield fielders if jadeja isnt playing. 4 *ing fielders is pathetic. all subcontinent teams suffer due to such issues with fielding. 

We have 3 good slip fielders. kohli is our worst slip cordon fielder. Nakli goat is decent in the outfield. i will give him that. 

thakur mama cant field well from what iirc? 

most sena teams have 7 to 9 players who can field well in the outfield. pakistan too have a similar issue liked indians. 

believe it or not, toygers have better fielders than both india and pakistan.

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

from that 11 dude, we only have 4 good outfield fielders if jadeja isnt playing. 4 *ing fielders is pathetic. all subcontinent teams suffer due to such issues with fielding. 

We have 3 good slip fielders. kohli is our worst slip cordon fielder. Nakli goat is decent in the outfield. i will give him that. 

thakur mama cant field well from what iirc? 

most sena teams have 7 to 9 players who can field well in the outfield. pakistan too have a similar issue liked indians. 

believe it or not, toygers have better fielders than both india and pakistan.

True we have regressed a lot in fielding, midfields, fumbles, missed runout chances is now very common in Indian cricket, iyer, Mayank, Surya, ruturaj are all pretty good in the outfield, Sundar, Ashwin, Shaw, gill all need improving.